Could WDW Support another Cirque?

CIRQUE

• We only need La Nouba!

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Get rid of La Nouba, and bring in a new Cirque!

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Keep La Nouba and bring in another Cirque on Disney property!

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
I've seen La Nouba twice, and it inspired me to buy several Cirque DVDs! I by no means want to see La Nouba leave, but...

Do you think that WDW's could support two Cirque shows? Las Vegas has what... three Cirque's? I know Vegas has more visitors, and a different mind-set, but still curious.

Cirque du Soleil is neither a Cirque nor a Soleil... discuss.... :hammer:

edit: i meant to post this in General Discussion... sorry...

Connor002

i choose not to participate in this poll because I have not seen any Cirque du Soleil shows, nor do i care very much as too what they do with the shows

perhaps i'll make an effort to go see it next time we go, but i'll say this: I do not believe that WDW could bring in enough visitors to the shows to justify another. I do however see the possibility that they could replace the current one, but I would not bet on that beeing in the near future.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
i choose not to participate in this poll because I have not seen any Cirque du Soleil shows, nor do i care very much as too what they do with the shows

perhaps i'll make an effort to go see it next time we go, but i'll say this: I do not believe that WDW could bring in enough visitors to the shows to justify another. I do however see the possibility that they could replace the current one, but I would not bet on that beeing in the near future.

i had no desire to pay 60 dollars to see the show... but when i finally gave in, i was completely hooked. it was worth every penny. i've seen it live twice, and bought several cirque cds and dvds!

Loretta

We've seen La Nouba 3 times now. It takes our breathe away every time we see it, but we're ready for a new one. I can't see two of them though.

rainfully

Let La Nouba continue it's run. If they put in a new show (some years down the line)... it should replace La Nouba... not be in addition to it.

BRER STITCH

Seriously, Cirque is on the verge of becoming oversaturated and is in danger of losing it's identitiy as a premier show. There's just too many of them!!!

If you need a "Cirque Fix", just head to Vegas, where there are no less than 6 shows currently running with another 2 in development. Though you may go broke doing it, as every show costs over $100 now!!! :eek:

It used to be that seeing a Cirque show was something special. Now, with so many shows all over the country (and world!) it's no big deal because you could never see all of them! They come out with new ones too fast!

I preferred Disney to stay "all-Disney", but I understand the need to bring in outside entertainment to make a buck (or DO I???).

With that said....for good ness sake, swap out La Nouba with one of the many Vegas shows every couple years to keep every one happy...and keep the price low enough for families to be able to enjoy it.

:wave:

Domboy

I tend to agree

I think Disney could cope with another CDS show - if you look at O in Vegas - that to me is a totally different proposition to any other CDS show I have seen - and yup I have seen a few now.

However, it did make me think when Brer Stich said that there were becoming too many. Im not sure if I agree or not - where there is demand there is supply normally- so I guess the sheer number of shows in Vegas shows there is still a very high demand.

So if they were gonna do another show - i think it should be a totally different concept to that of La Nouba - and probably more along the lines of O (whilst not being a clone)

General Grizz

I love La Nouba and would only like to see something new if it's better. I wouldn't want to see two SEPARATE theaters... the budget and expensives could be better put elsewhere. :)

wdwjmp239

mkepcotmgmak said:
i have never seen them perform! i really need to! i'm a percussionist!!!

Blue Man Group is excellent! My fiancee and I saw Blue Man Group in New York at Astor Place Theatre in the East Village section of NYC. They usually play small theatres, though I hear the Luxor Theatre in Las Vegas (that's where Blue Man Group plays) has what.. 1800 seats? I can tell you this, Blue Man Group has shows in New York, Vegas, Chicago, and Boston. If you're headed anywhere to those cities soon, make sure you get tickets! Another thing I can tell you - the finale is one part of the show you'll never forget. ;)

Bluewaves

OK one of the problems with cirque is that many of the other shows have some topless performances, not that I wouldn't want to see some topless performances but its sort of impractical in family freindly Disney.

Main Street USA

mkepcotmgmak said:
I've seen La Nouba twice, and it inspired me to buy several Cirque DVDs! I by no means want to see La Nouba leave, but...

Do you think that WDW's could support two Cirque shows? Las Vegas has what... three Cirque's? I know Vegas has more visitors, and a different mind-set, but still curious.

Cirque du Soleil is neither a Cirque nor a Soleil... discuss.... :hammer:

edit: i meant to post this in General Discussion... sorry...
Actually, Vegas supports 4 Cirque shows:

O, Mystere, Ka, and Zumanity.

...and there's a 5th in the works. ;)

mrtoad

It is an awesome show. I would love to see them again. It is bizzare but awesome....

ntn_haqqer said:
Blue Man Group is excellent! My fiancee and I saw Blue Man Group in New York at Astor Place Theatre in the East Village section of NYC. They usually play small theatres, though I hear the Luxor Theatre in Las Vegas (that's where Blue Man Group plays) has what.. 1800 seats? I can tell you this, Blue Man Group has shows in New York, Vegas, Chicago, and Boston. If you're headed anywhere to those cities soon, make sure you get tickets! Another thing I can tell you - the finale is one part of the show you'll never forget. ;)

KentB3

I have never seen Cirque du Solei, except for clips I have seen on TV and videos/DVDs, and WDW's show (La Nouba) is the only one I have seen clips of. Therefore, I have no way of deciding one way or another if WDW can support more than one Cirque show. However, I do have one possible suggestion! If WDW could not support another Cirque du Soleil show in addition to La Nouba, Disney could have a second, different Cirque du Soleil show at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, at their Downtown Disney! :D

Anyone ever thought of THAT possibility?! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom