Could this really happen inDisney World????

CaptainMichael

tigsmom said:
So very uncalled for.

This is a story of something horrible that has happened. It has struck us all, but I think parents were hit especially hard. We've all jumped the gun and posted without doing a search... lets just let it go.

You are right about my comment. I was just a little outraged with the way she was attacking us. Honestly though, there is no need for a search, the original is still on the main list of Chit Chat and General Discussion threads. Thanks for keeping me in line :kiss:

DisneyFreak529

Wow lets not get into a forum fight about this!! I think that people should not be hard on her for posting this. I have seen people post the same pics of the castle remodel & Everst remodel for weeks now. Trust me they are the same pics over and over again. If you are going to yell at one you have to yell at them all. I not tring to be mean I'm just making a point.

sophiesmom

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Yikes!!!!!!!!!! It must be someone's time of the month.... Really, she shouldn't even need to search because the other thread has been on Chit Chat, General Discussion, and News and Rumors. At one point, her thread was directly above the original thread on Chit Chat. She is just sturring up trouble like Bill and JayDarkKnight. It is apparent that she doesn't understand that this website is for discussing Disney parks and attractions, and bashes us for doing just that. Take a chill pill Sophie's Mom, there is no reason for lashing out like you did.

I belive the rudness was directed at me first. I was just simply asking a question about information that I saw. Go back and read throught the post and you will see.

Lauriebar

sophiesmom said:
I belive the rudness was directed at me first. I was just simply asking a question about information that I saw. Go back and read throught the post and you will see.

I respectfully disagree with you there...every poster used the word please when asking you to be more careful starting a new thread. They all just brought to your attention the fact that there were several threads already on this subject. I realize you are new to posting but, a few minutes of looking at the forums would have allowed you to see that the subject already was being discussed and you could have jumped into one of those already existing conversations. There was no need to get so upset with the posters who were trying to help you. They were not rude or disrespectful...you were.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
hakunamatata said:
Yes and there is already a thread on this topic. Please use the search function in the future. This definatly is not a topic that needs multiple threads.
Most topics I could care less if you started 1000 duplicate threads. This one is a serious issue, not Disney related other than where it happened and serves no purpose to rehash from 1000 diferent angles. Just my opinion.

sophiesmom said:
Unlike some of you I do not have all day to sit around adn search this site.
Yes and the perfect reason not to start duplicate threads.

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
Unfortunate for new members

It's threads such as these that stop so many lurkers from posting, or from posting very much. Instead of jumping on people for not doing a search first (as happens constantly) just politely paste the link or direct the person to the search feature. Some newbies may not even realize that there *is* a search feature.

I have been here lurking for years, and have just recently applied for a screen name. I don't know what made me lose my mind! LOL

Anyway, that being said--Sophie's mom--your posts will have more credibility if you check them for grammar and spelling errors before you post them.

The Dreamer

tigger1968

I could not agree more. I can't stand to see these people who love to remind all of us about the search feature. Who died and made you moderator? I've been here longer than just about all of you, and I have seen this go on for years. I don't post much, I tend to lurk. I see so many new posters make one post about a topic they don't know has already been discussed and get flamed, and then you never see them again. You know what, YOU clicked on the thread when you knew there was already one out there. And saying "please" when you remind people does nothing to erase the condescending tone that comes across. What I really don't get is that nobody ever hassles all the new people with questions about trip planning. I never see anyone berate a new poster for asking about priority seating, but ask about monorail expansion and you get treated like a leper. :lookaroun

My whole point is this: RELAX. This is supposed to be a place for an open discussion of ALL things WDW. Let the new members find their way. If someone brings up an old topic, so what? If it's a topic that you disagree with, then DON'T POST ON IT. It will go away that much quicker.

I'll be getting off my soapbox now....

barnum42

DreamerCM said:
It's threads such as these that stop so many lurkers from posting, or from posting very much. Instead of jumping on people for not doing a search first (as happens constantly) just politely paste the link or direct the person to the search feature. Some newbies may not even realize that there *is* a search feature.
I think most established members use the opportunity to give an FYI about the search and do not intend using it as a bashing tool. If you have witnessed it a lot, then hopefully a lot of people have now been made aware of the search feature. :)

As for threads with bickering, the majority are probably caused by fake "new" members that get their jollys by creating an account, stirring it up, getting banned then repeating the process.

This is not always the case, but I'd estimate that it's by far the most common cause of petty behaviour.

Anyhue Dreamer, welcome to your first post and hope you stick around and make many more :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tigger1968 said:
I've been here longer than just about all of you, and I have seen this go on for years. I don't post much, I tend to lurk.

And this gives you the right to tell everyone else that joined after you what to and what not to say in their post? I think not.........

tigger1968

hakunamatata said:
And this gives you the right to tell everyone else that joined after you what to and what not to say in their post? I think not.........

That's strange...I don't recall anything along that line in my post at all...My point was that I've seen this go on for several years now, and it gets tiresome to see the constant reminders about the search feature...Relax and let the new people ask their questions....

Thanks for missing my point.... :)

ArtieFufkin

Why would sophiesmum or anyone else for that matter ( unless you're a sicko ) want to type " Child pics " into a search engine on this site, it's not something she would go looking for. I must admit though I searched the word arsehole and guess what names came up?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tigger1968 said:
Who died and made you moderator? I've been here longer than just about all of you, and I have seen this go on for years. I don't post much, I tend to lurk....And saying "please" when you remind people does nothing to erase the condescending tone that comes across...

If someone brings up an old topic, so what? If it's a topic that you disagree with, then DON'T POST ON IT.

If you would review your entire post, you would have pretty much seen that you did indicate that and it was in all caps to make a point. Second, this topic was not an old post, it was a new post about a sick and disturbing subject and I made that clear in my post.

tigger1968 said:
Thanks for missing my point.... :)

Thanks for missing your own point.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom