Could the latest DL FP+ expansion be a test bed for WDW?

deeevo

Original Poster
Does anyone think this could be a beta test for WDW? WDW has to realize that the design of FP+ at WDW has created an issue with wait times now that it has been a few years since the roll out. Could WDW go to just one FP at a time and no advance selections? You would think they would at least look at the data.

oceanbreeze77

IDK but being a DL pass holder I can tell you DL is a locals park. WDW is a destination park. If they did the system like they do at WDW it would be mass hysteria/chaos with most of their cliental.

PinnySmart

IDK but being a DL pass holder I can tell you DL is a locals park. WDW is a destination park. If they did the system like they do at WDW it would be mass hysteria/chaos with most of their cliental.
I don't think they are planning on going the WDW route. I also heard no Magicbands. I wonder if the will use cards with chips, something like Apple Pay or what?

Rob562

I don't think they are planning on going the WDW route. I also heard no Magicbands. I wonder if the will use cards with chips, something like Apple Pay or what?

I would think that they'd transition to all RFID ticket media just like WDW did a year or two before MagicBands.

-Rob

Jon81uk

They have previously tested with both RFID chips in the paper FP tickets and with barcodes. I expect the final system will use RFID built in to the ticket, same as WDW.

But as for WDW changing back to the same as DL, it won't happen. People plan for months to visit WDW and therefore can book in advance. At DLR most people are locals and therefore won't do as much planning. I think three FPs in advance is here to stay.

PinnySmart

based on the testing that as happening today that seems to be the scenario. But the machines used were for cards with a barcode,
I did notice that several snack counters had the credit card machine with the Mickey touch point. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I thought I missed the legacy FP system until I went to DL. The legacy system is fine but I forgot what it was like going to get the paper and then returning to ride. I think the idea of selecting one FP on the phone or at a kiosk is a great idea for DL. I'll be interested to see how my friends that call DL home feel about it. I have a Premiere Passport and when I booked Blue Bayou the reservation actually showed up in MDE. That made me very curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom