Could the Disney*Pixar Film Festival Be Coming To An End?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Why do Disney Jr? Create an all new action adventure film series with Dreamfinder and Figment...
In the classic Disney tradition blend animation and live action...Start it as a trilogy with a backstory...
Give it the star treatment it deserves...Big names, Big budget...
THEN overhaul the Imagination Institute New Ride, New theater attraction PUS an added B or C ticket all within the Imagination campus...
Imagine a fantasy action film series that is NOT Marvel, but pure Disney...and unlike Superhero films it doesn't have to be hyper violent action. and they already own the IP....
and like Chris Pratt for young Dreamfinder...
.View attachment 602982
I'd rather not have 2 attractions with the same actor in one park...It was just like when Ellen was Dory in the Seas and Her own attraction at UoE at the same time..

Bocabear

They are characters...not the actor...I don't think that hurts the attraction...and Dreamfinder would look completely different than Peter Quill... I am sure there are other celebrities that could play the part... that was not quite the point.

Bocabear

No, not at all, but come up with someone better...than can be witty and smart and do a little action....Someone who could age into the Dreamfinder character as depicted in the original ride... I am sure there are other choices... I was just throwing an example out there...and the actor is hardly the point.

MarvelCharacterNerd

But, does Everything have to involve Chris Pratt..
Yes.

1638064814882.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Get A Horse is one of the best 3D films, ever. And it needs to be seen in a theater for it to 'work.' Would hate to see that ever go.

Disney needs to make more 3D shorts like that. And if they do it specifically for a 4D theater, it could be really great.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Get A Horse is one of the best 3D films, ever. And it needs to be seen in a theater for it to 'work.' Would hate to see that ever go.

Disney needs to make more 3D shorts like that. And if they do it specifically for a 4D theater, it could be really great.
That's my thing. "Get a Horse" has been seen in theatres, and it is on Disney+. It has outgrown its welcome in a major 4D theatre that houses like a thousand people, but only performs to about 20 people per showing.

The second half of your post, I think, would be absolutely awesome. I don't think it needs to be short though. We need something grand again, like Muppet Vision, Mickey's Philharmagic, or HISTA. Something worth going in such a huge auditorium's space.

What a waste. It shocked me how huge the theatre was when I went to the P&DSFF last trip, I had forgotten.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I actually like the short-film festival, for the ability to see these shorts in 3-D with some in-theater effects. It belongs in the animation courtyard at DHS, of course, and not at Epcot. And they should rotate the shorts more often.

I'd be happy for a short time with rotating EO, HISTA, and Magic Journeys in that theater, but that's just kicking the can down the road another bit.

What I really hope for is that the whole pavilion get a new theme. Imagination was a great choice, but we've done 35+ years of it. Keep with the "World Nature" conceit, and make this a "Sky" pavilion (to go with Land and Seas), using the upper level for a weather-based special effects presentation against the backdrop of the sky; or a revived Wonders of Life pavilion, with an Inside Out themed dark ride (not a ride through the movie plot, though) that could even include Figment.

Long-shot, as a big retheme costs big $.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Let’s gut the place and make it an extension of the Imagination ride and have it be the exit space. (Which I believe was a version of the plan for Imagination 4.0 way back when)
I disagree. Gut image works and gift shop for more ride. Keep the theatre. Two attractions are better than one.

especially since disney has the tech to rotate shows out easily now, or have different scenes for each show, it doesn’t make sense to gut a giant theatre to me.

wdwgreek

I thought the point of the film festival concept was for shows to flipped in and out frequently. Only one replacement set was made from what I recall.

HauntedMansionFLA

I would love a Magic Eye Theater that rotates through Magic Journeys, Captain EO, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience kinda like what they're doing over at France. The Film Festival is honestly my least favorite experience in all of Disney.
This would be ideal with Epcot’s 40th birthday bash on Oct1st. Spread the crowds out with a limited addition showing on EO and Honey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom