Could Mr. Toad Make a Return One Day?

imagineer99

Originally posted by Scooter
As one who rode Mr Toad many times, I can tell you this...

...although there are many fans of Mr Toad, towards the end of his Disney World run there was hardly anyone that wanted to ride it.

The last two years I visited WDW, Mr Toad was a walk on attraction.

This ride/atrraction was replaced for one simple reason.

It didn't draw.

Sometimes we get nostalgic for an old ride because it reminds us of our younger, happier, less stressful days.

But if the truth be known, and if they re-opened Mr Toad, after the initial curiosity of a "New Ride", the same thing would happen all over again.

Mister Toad is gone forever in Walt Disney World...Let's keep all our fond memories of him....And let him rest in Peace

Excellent Point! Very Well put!:sohappy: :sohappy:

The reason you mention is why Horizons (while one of my favorite attractions when I was younger) is no longer around. Sometimes we get so nostalgic for the past, we don't realize that the parks have to grow up too!

matt88mph

Originally posted by imagineer99

The reason you mention is why Horizons (while one of my favorite attractions when I was younger) is no longer around. Sometimes we get so nostalgic for the past, we don't realize that the parks have to grow up too!

I do agree with you on the fact that I feel the parks need to grow up. But I feel that if an idea is good, than it should be around for a very long time. For example, the entire Imagination pavillion in Epcot went through extensive changes in a four-year period from 1998 to 2002, because they wanted to keep the idea of Imagination. Not like Horizons, where they got rid of the idea of the future. I feel that ideas should last for a very long time, even if the attraction is gone.

Calamar

Originally posted by matt88mph
For example, the entire Imagination pavillion in Epcot went through extensive changes in a four-year period from 1998 to 2002, because they wanted to keep the idea of Imagination. Not like Horizons, where they got rid of the idea of the future.

Journey into Imagination with Figment isn't the best example of the 'evolution of an idea'. :dazzle:

Well, at least Figment's back.

I see your point, though. You can definitely sense the gap left by Horizons and World of Motion -- I miss the idealistic, exciting look at technology and the future. It's still preserved somewhat in Spaceship Earth, but even that is somewhat dated (heh, we wouldn't want "FutureWorld" to become "RetroWorld" -- not unlike the Retro-contemporary Resort, heh). Test Track is fun but fails to display any cutting-edge tech. I love Mission: Space, but it fails to explore the potential of space exploration, simply simulating a training exercise.

mrtoad

As you can see from my user name I was a huge fan of Toad. It was my favorite Fantasyland ride. I get caught up in the past wishing things would not change. But I have to be realistic. I have friends who rode it for the first time in the early 90s with their kids and neither the kids or themselves liked it. It was outdated.

I personally would still ride it today because of my love for it growing up, but it was not standing the test of time unfortunatly.

jodez21

mr toad was definatly my favorite ride of all time (it may still b), but it was definatly wayyy outdated. i am sorta glad they took it out for a winnie the pooh attraction, which i felt is a great addition to the park. the winnie the pooh movies r great disney movies, and bring back the best childhood memories (even tho im only 16), and a winnie the pooh ride was definatly neccisary. if any attraction had to replace mr toad, im glad it was pooh bear.

colliera

Grow Up?

Originally posted by imagineer99

Hey I just talked to Peter Pan and he says this grow up thing is highly overrated. :lol:

Lovecraft

I loved Mr. Toad's wild ride. It was one of my favorites as a kid, but I think I like the Pooh ride better.

*ducks*

Seriously I do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom