Could anyone imagine a world without Disney?

JLW11Hi

You know, I would think that a lot of people over at Universal would be pretty broken hearted if Disney ever went down (mabey just internally!). I mean, Universal Theme Parks kinda owe their existence to the Disney Company.

No, I'm not saying they wouldn't want to pull as many visitors from Disney away as possible, but it wouldnt surprise me if many people working for Universal Creative were big fans of the Disney company (perhaps more of a fan of past memories at Disney).

Its kinda like going into animation, if I were to work at Disney, I would still appreciate the cartoons, past and present, at, say, Warner Brothers. .......And vice versa.

In fact, I would think there are just as many people at Disney that would be sad to see Universal go!! :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Gosh - N0 Disney - what would I do with the spare two hours each day through not visiting WDWMagic.com ? I know :lol: :lookaroun

SKYWAY 4 ME

Disney will never do that , I think any most American people would not allow this to happen and agree to help keep it strong and running . Whether it may be stocks or volunteer help . I think we can all pull together and save this company if they were in "REAL " trouble. Really C'mon yall ! You ve got to pull yourselves together !!! John:sohappy:

wyattkelly

The only way Walt Disney World will ever fall is if a nuclear bomb drops. and if that happens...well, I'll be hiding in the utilidors, fighting off mutant alligators. Anyone want to join me?

Katherine

If there was never a Disney then we wouldn't knnow what we were missing but if it were to get destroyed it would be tragic.

agdbeanie

Originally posted by HMGhost13
seriously, if Disney never was born, we wouldn't even have this conversation becuase it wouldn't matter. It never exsisted, and USF may or may not be there, remember WDW brought the others. Orlando would still be the small town that it was. There would be swamp where WDW is or maybe not. maybe a retirement place. scary thought but in that timeline, it wouldn't be.

Sounds like a good plot for a Back to the Future movie. You know, somehow Marty interupts the space-time continum (sp?) and creates an alternate 1901 in which Walt is never born for some reason...

You guys on the site are the only people to ever hear what I'm about to say now...

Since I first visited Disneyworld in 1999, I have lived and breathed it. In honesty, before, I wasn't this way. I guess you can't miss what you've never had, if you catch my drift But after 1999, there have been two states in my life. I'm either...

1) At Disneyworld

OR

2 Saving up for and counting the months/weeks/days till my next trip to Disneyworld

People I know find this rather hard to understand, and say things like "don't you ever wanna go anywhere else?", but I answer with a resounding no every time.

For that fortnight, I feel like I'm literally in another world, and everything outside of that world is forgotton. Just thinking about my next holiday there is enough to make me forget all my troubles, and every day, I'm getting closer to it. Disneyworld is how life should be, magic, fun, with thrills, excitement, and most of all, compassion.

It's a big expense for me, as I'm from the UK, but it's worth all the hard saving. Even a trip to Disneyland Paris only made me miss the Orlando WDW more.

So, in summary, if Disneyworld didn't exist/closed down, I would have lots more money in my pockets, but I wouldn't have that warm feeling in my heart all the time.

:xmas: See u at Christmas Mickey!!

disneydancer2

It would definately be very heartbreaking if there was no more Disney. :cry: :cry: :cry:
To me, Disney is a magical place where you can go and forget about work and your troubles for a while.

dimshady81

:cry: The world without disney. That was my entire childhood, I would have to live off of memories alone and I don't know if that would be enough. The thought of not having disney to take my family to in the future is unthinkable. If Disney dies then a huge piece of me dies with it.

It's truely a place of magic and happiness and that will overcome all competition and harm!!!!!

Slinky Dog

I'd be a lot richer financially (oh, for cheaper transatlantic flights!), but so much poorer in many other ways - if you see what I mean :veryconfu

Slinky Dog - transatlantic flights, tell me about :(

I'm beginning to think I should just move to Orlando, it'd be the best thing for me I think. It's not like Alton Towers or Blackpool Pleasure Beach will ever suffice. They are totally :snore:

Hey, I think I'll rent Minnie Mouse's house at Towntown Fair. Anyone know the rent on that? After all, purple is my favourite colour, and I hear the neighbours are very friendly ha ha.

A world without Disney is a world without meaning

strobe

I really hope that my kids get to enjoy Disney World the same way that I did when I was a kid (and still do). I mean, I absolutely love going to the parks and everything, but nothing compares to when my parents used to take us there on vacation every two years or so.

I can still remember that feeling that I used to get, it truly was 'magical'. It's like I was in another world.

My dad was a policeman, so we never had much money, and we never stayed on the park back then. But we would be the first ones in and the last ones to leave every day we were there (and in those days the MK was open till midnight).

Those are some of the best memories of my childhood, and I sure hope the parks are around so that my kids can feel the magic too!

DisneyFreak721

A WORLD WITHOUT DISNEY?!!
DEAR GOD...I...I...I CANT DESCRIBE IT
I TRUTHFULLY would have NO LIFE.....

Gosh, I might actually have to be a NORMAL teenager

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom