Could anyone imagine a world without Disney?

boling

Original Poster
Just for a moment, think of a worst case scenario where someday(not now or the near term, but someday) imagine that Disney goes belly up, parks close, no more mickey. :cry:

Could you imagine driving by where WDW (was) and seeing a run down abandonded park with weeds and 1/2 broken down buildings etc..? Picture something similar to the scene from Logan's Run(I hope I have the right movie reference) where they discover the old run down washington DC. You lean over and tell one of your kids(or great-grandkids by that point) "That's where Disney World used to be." :eek:

Talk about a really really sad thought. :cry:

I hope it never happens in my or my kids lifetimes.

BTW, I had this thought after seeing the DIS stock today and some poor near term forcasts for revenue. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its going to happen, nor are we even close to that happening. Absolute worst case at some point, someone would buy it. But, what if????

mandib

tear tear! That's so sad. What would life be? I mean where would we go? Oh I can't talk about this it's making me depressed!

boling

Original Poster
I'm with Corrus. We will just build and fix up the old park ourselves!

It was a rather dark thought I had :fork:

Figment1986

if dinsye never existed, welcome to mels coaster world. 10 different coasters with out a single theme,

Who would buy disney other then the stock holders, LOL or even funnier, (Welcome to Universal World, homw to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom, Just hop aboard our curtest high speed rail to universal orlando complex for our IOA and USF.)

(Note: Disney studios would be closed or modified,)

mickey04

I've often thought "what would the world be without Disney" and for some people, it wouldn't be any different- they could care less. But as for me, I would be apsolutely brokenhearted. Whenever I get a little sad, I always think about all the happy memories that I have had at Disney World. So I honestly don't know what I would do if something were to happen during my lifetime.

Lately, with all the depressing news of terrorism and war, my thoughts have turned to "what if WDW were the site of terrorist attack" and I know that's an awful thought and I believe me, I wish it had never crossed my mind- but with security structures being built and articles about how it could be a potential target for terrorists trying to kill the American spirit, I can't help but think about it. I truely apologize if I scared or depressed anyone, that was not my intention. Let me also say that I don't think that will happen, the chances are very small and I also think and hope Disney will be around for generations to come.

Originally posted by mickey04

Lately, with all the depressing news of terrorism and war, my thoughts have turned to "what if WDW were the site of terrorist attack" and I know that's an awful thought and I believe me, I wish it had never crossed my mind- but with security structures being built and articles about how it could be a potential target for terrorists trying to kill the American spirit, I can't help but think about it.

I just can't imagine that even terrorists would target there. If you attack Disney, you're targeting children. That probably wouldn't help their cause much, and I think they know that.

However, it obviously sits in everyone's mind these days.

Tim G

Originally posted by Figment1986
if dinsye never existed, welcome to mels coaster world. 10 different coasters with out a single theme,

Who would buy disney other then the stock holders, LOL or even funnier, (Welcome to Universal World, homw to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom, Just hop aboard our curtest high speed rail to universal orlando complex for our IOA and USF.)

(Note: Disney studios would be closed or modified,)

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No coasters....
Not again... I'll find you a spot at 6flags

Tim G

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Could anyone imagine a world without Disney?

I bet the folks at Universal Studios do every day!

:lol:

We'll buy the joint... and close it down...

agdbeanie

I'm erasing that thought and visualization from my head immediately!!!! Disney will be here until the second coming. Period. End of story.

HMGhost13

well, it would suck but you know..i'd take up residence in HM :D

seriously, if Disney never was born, we wouldn't even have this conversation becuase it wouldn't matter. It never exsisted, and USF may or may not be there, remember WDW brought the others. Orlando would still be the small town that it was. There would be swamp where WDW is or maybe not. maybe a retirement place. scary thought but in that timeline, it wouldn't be.

mickey04

Originally posted by HMGhost13
well, it would suck but you know..i'd take up residence in HM :D

seriously, if Disney never was born, we wouldn't even have this conversation becuase it wouldn't matter. It never exsisted, and USF may or may not be there.
Hmmm, ya know I think if Walt were never born, Universal would have come up with the idea to create a themepark and then put them in California and Orlando- doesn't everyone else? :rolleyes:

Yeah, your right. It's pretty hard to imagine the WDW area as swamp. Now it probably has more hotels than anywhere in the country!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom