costume question

Spencerrr

Original Poster
With the new stricter guidelines for costumes during the parties I was wondering if anyone has been to the parks and seen a similar costume to the one I'm posting. I wore a similar onesie/pajama costume 2 years ago but wasn't sure if it would fly this year.

9zof4l.png

Was afraid it would be considered a cape that was too long, they also mentioned extra searching if it covers your whole body which is fine I can handle a pat down.

Berret

In the Parks
No
I don't suppose you could use a web hosting service that isn't blocked by my company's filters, eh? :)

Berret

In the Parks
No
do you know what is and isn't blocked but you can also google bat kigurumi

Ah, thank you. Well, according to Disney's website:

"Examples of unacceptable attire includes:
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)" (Disney World Theme Park Dress Code, n.d.)
I'm pretty sure any cast member would view that as a costume, and therefore I would consider it a no-go for Disney.

SOURCES:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/dress-code.htm

MissMaryEli

You can wear a costume to the MNSSHP; but if you are planning on arriving to the Magic Kingdom before 4 you may need an alternate. I don't know how strict they are about allowing costumes in before the party starts. Although the party officially starts at 7, you can get in at 4pm.

Spencerrr

Original Poster
Ah, thank you. Well, according to Disney's website:

"Examples of unacceptable attire includes:
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)" (Disney World Theme Park Dress Code, n.d.)
I'm pretty sure any cast member would view that as a costume, and therefore I would consider it a no-go for Disney.

SOURCES:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/dress-code.htm

You can wear a costume to the MNSSHP; but if you are planning on arriving to the Magic Kingdom before 4 you may need an alternate. I don't know how strict they are about allowing costumes in before the party starts. Although the party officially starts at 7, you can get in at 4pm.

I don't think any of you are understanding the question...

Like I said "during the parties" I am well aware of the hours of the party which is why I said in the past at the parties when I did were a costume. I'm not just trying to wear a costume on a random day either this is specifically for the not so scary halloween party that does in fact allow adult guest to wear a costume. Those rules have changed so I will ask again

Has anyone attended the not so scary parties this year since the rules have changed and seen anyone in similar outfits?

Pinoke76

I went this year and didn't see anyone with a cape like that, doesn't mean that they won't let your outfit in but if you get the wrong cast member I think you'll have a problem.

Berret

In the Parks
No
I don't think any of you are understanding the question...

Like I said "during the parties" I am well aware of the hours of the party which is why I said in the past at the parties when I did were a costume. I'm not just trying to wear a costume on a random day either this is specifically for the not so scary halloween party that does in fact allow adult guest to wear a costume. Those rules have changed so I will ask again

Has anyone attended the not so scary parties this year since the rules have changed and seen anyone in similar outfits?

Forgive me. I glanced past "during the parties," but I also wouldn't have known what you meant until you now have clarified it. So I guess the answer is maybe.

MissMaryEli

Someone replied with 'you can't wear' costumes'. I just wanted to make sure you knew you could wear costumes. I think you'll be ok with that cape as it's built in and not long, but I can't say for sure. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom