Cost

Jakesky40

Wanting to go to WDW after not going for the last 7 years, shocked at how much the cost has risen. For two people staying 1 week in late April at the Pop Century and including a dining plan it's 6700$! Is this just the new norm for WDW now? I want to go again but this is just too expensive.

DisneyFanatic12

Wanting to go to WDW after not going for the last 7 years, shocked at how much the cost has risen. For two people staying 1 week in late April at the Pop Century and including a dining plan it's 6700$! Is this just the new norm for WDW now? I want to go again but this is just too expensive.
Prices are quite high, but that would also be around Easter and one of the busiest weeks of the year.

Upvote 0

meggo819

That does seem quite high. Is that including airfare? Even with a dining plan, the highest quote I see at Pop Century is around $5,000. Without dining plan and a lower room category is as low as $3600.

My first advice to save money would be to skip the dining plan!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

After being away for 7 years you must have expected going back in 2024 or 2025, prices had risen. There has been plenty of articles in all media sites continually ( print, cable, internet ) explaining Disneys price increases over the past few years. Disney after all is a major family destination and most families start exploring what the cost for a family trip will be so they can start preparing.
Sorry to say but yes, going on a Disney trip is a major expense. It takes budgeting and saving in advance or pay on credit which will increase your cost over time paying the bills off. We dont go every year knowing what it takes for us to pay for the trip we want with extras. We sacrifice other things to help us save.
If you want to go then like doing anything now that costs more than ever, you must decide if its worth doing and commit to bite the bullet and pay. Or wait for some discounts to come around if Dis drops them at another time of year. Reality is that the cost of a Dis trip certainly isnt going down in price anytime soon.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Certain resorts are eligible on Disney property for the 7 day pre-trip purchase of your trip including resorts including
Disney Resorts Collection hotels, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, and Shades of Green Resort. 3 day pre-trip purchase can be included with "Good Neighbor" hotels or whatever they're called now. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

k8einwdw

Prices at Pop have definitely gone up since the Skyliner was built, but that still seems pretty high. We’re paying less than that for two adults/one child the first week of December, including the dining plan. If you’re not dead set on Pop, I’d consider All Star Movies, the rooms are the same, you just miss out on the Skyliner.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Hey, just to humor me, PM me with your info and I will see what I can find. I have a planned trip for October 2026...$5291.00 includes: Amtrak, MCO Rental Car, Hotel(off property), MNSSHP, Sea World with Dining, Universal 3 Day, Wild Florida Safari, Capones Dinner Show/Buffet AND $1,000 spending cash each

ONE HINT: DO NOT stay on property! You can save a ton of money staying off site nearby!

Here is a mock-up:
2 Adults
-Amtrak...$316
-Priceline Hotel/Car...$936(hotel is right outside Hotel Plaza Blvd gate)
-4 Day WDW...$1286
-$1000 Spending Cash

TOTAL: $4538 !!!!!(not $6700)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
There are ways to save $$. We do it all the time by playing around with the different components

Pam

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Certain resorts are eligible on Disney property for the 7 day pre-trip purchase of your trip including resorts including
Disney Resorts Collection hotels, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, and Shades of Green Resort. 3 day pre-trip purchase can be included with "Good Neighbor" hotels or whatever they're called now. Hope this helps!
I think you missed out the repurchase of what ! It sounds as if you can only book your stay 7 days ahead.

@Jakesky40 , he’s talking about the Lightning Lane (new version of Fastpass).

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I suggest you contact @Kingdom Konsultant . She’s the owner of the travel agency of the same name and a board sponsor here for over 20 years.

They can help you find something closer to your budget.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom