Cost??

tare

Original Poster
Does anyone know how much it cost before to ride the characters in flight at dtd?? Anyone think it was worth their time!??

maryszhi

i do not remember, and honestly from what i have heard, no. it only goes up and does not move. you can see some stuff, but its not worth the cost unless you do it for a view.

wdwmomof3

Riders can catch the flight daily for $18 ($12 for ages 3-9).

My children did this a while back and they loved it. It is closed right now but I just read that it will be opening up again soon.

luv

I wanted to once. It was a warm, clear day. No wind that I felt. But they said the weather conditions weren't right.

I suppose if I'm there and in the mood and they are going up, I'd do it. But I wouldn't make a special trip there just for that.

My family and I did Characters in Flight in 2009. The reason I wanted to do it is because I'm too scared to go up in a hot air balloon, and I figured this was a less scary alternative. I'm glad I did it once, just to say I did, but don't need to do it again. I didn't find the views to be that impressive. It was still a little bit scary to me. It was definitely breezier up in the air than down on the ground.

We tried to go several times during the week we were visiting (during August) and it usually was not operating due to wind or threats of bad weather. We finally figured out that first thing in the a.m. was the best time for it to be operating. So we went at opening (9 a.m.?) and our family of five rode with two other people.

RonAnnArbor

Good to know -- but also good to keep in mind not to get your hopes up and find it is not there. It was gone with no sign of its existance other than the dock a few weeks ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom