Cost Structures & Offers After WDW Reopening

disney4life2008

Well, since I have some time on my hands, lolol
All Star Sports---$157-------$133
All Star Music---$176-------$149
POP--------------$222------$188

First column without discount, 2nd number with 25% discount
These prices are ridiculous. There is no way someone should be paying over 100 for a room in sports, music or movies. And pop is out their mind, you get the same room and set up as sports.

wdwfan22

Well, since I have some time on my hands, lolol
All Star Sports---$157-------$133
All Star Music---$176-------$149
POP--------------$222------$188

First column without discount, 2nd number with 25% discount

And the discount has been offered even before the parks closed. They are currently not offering anything greater than what was offered before.

thomas998

I will admit, I haven't read every post about the impact the pandemic is having/will have on WDW, but I would love to hear people's opinions on the financial impact on guests once WDW reopens. I'm sure there are still many people booking visits for later this year, and there will be more once WDW reopens, but at what point would Disney begin to reduce costs or ramp up the special offers if attendance numbers do not rise as quickly as they would like? If this happens, what sort of savings would we see-reduced park ticket costs, the usual special offers, free parking at resorts and/or parks? Or, is Disney going to go the other way and raise prices to try to recoup some of the billions that they are losing and will lose, knowing that some people will be back regardless? I'm sure many of you went to WDW shortly after 9/11; what was done then to get people back in the parks?
I'm of the opinion that there will be some offers and maybe an overall park ticket price rollback-but only until the attendance numbers get back to normal on a regular basis.

They did lots of special deals after 9/11 especially for AP holders. The few years after 9/11 were the last years that it made sense for me to get APs even though we only went once or twice a year. It was all based on all the AP resort discounts. It made the AP breakeven if you were staying in the resorts much easier to reach with a lot fewer days/year.

They also seemed to have lots more of the free dining deals if you booked a return trip while you were there. I remember those seemed to be there all the time but recently they showed up much less frequently.

I think they will also have some reduced costs based on CM's that don't return to work when they open up again. I would expect some of the older CM's to have either found another job or been smacked down with bankruptcy by the time they open again and the average age of the CM/s and the average number of years of experience they have to be lower... that would bring down their labor costs. I don't think you will see any drop in prices rather I expect you to see more special discount. I don't think Disney lowered the gate prices after 9/11 only that you could find more discount tickets. Right after 9/11 I recall you could get pretty good deals from AAA for tickets or complete packages, Disney then stopped their deal with AAA on the prices and then cut them from the special parking deal you could get if you booked your trip through AAA. It is possible that those types of things may pop back up again as a way to drive traffic without having to cut prices at the gate.

thomas998

Like any business, you sell based on what the market can bear...they are assuming the attendance will pick up by then.
I have a feeling it will be wishful thinking. I expect they will have a big decrease in the number of organizations that hold conventions there and some of the resorts like Port Orleans are more appropriate for that type of customer than they are for family vacations. I will be shocked if they can fill Orleans at those rates.

NelleBelle

I have a feeling it will be wishful thinking. I expect they will have a big decrease in the number of organizations that hold conventions there and some of the resorts like Port Orleans are more appropriate for that type of customer than they are for family vacations. I will be shocked if they can fill Orleans at those rates.
I thought the convention goers tended to go to Coronado Springs where they actually have the convention rooms? Usually when I e looked, POFQ/RS and CS are pretty close in price (and when we stayed at CS last time we were there pre-cruise, it was the lowest moderate resort).

thomas998

I thought the convention goers tended to go to Coronado Springs where they actually have the convention rooms? Usually when I e looked, POFQ/RS and CS are pretty close in price (and when we stayed at CS last time we were there pre-cruise, it was the lowest moderate resort).
I think CS was the preferred place, but POFQ was where we would get stuck on some trips if they were booked up at CS. Frankly some of the conventions were really just excuses to go to Disney and didn't really need much space for large meeting rooms.

NelleBelle

I think CS was the preferred place, but POFQ was where we would get stuck on some trips if they were booked up at CS. Frankly some of the conventions were really just excuses to go to Disney and didn't really need much space for large meeting rooms.
That totally makes sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom