Cost of Disney

KeithVH

So we're up to almost 150 posts and what we definitely know is:
- It's too expensive, it didn't used to be, I'm not going anymore
- It's too expensive, it didn't used to be, I gotta figure out if I can afford it
- Eh, I don't think the cost is that bad, I'll be going again sometime
- Expensive, shmexpensive, what is cost?, everything is perfect (fairy dust! fairy dust!), I will continue to go frequently

Now replace the subject (cost of a Disney vacation) with any other subject like gas, food, hotels, cars, houses, movies, etc. The same discussion basically applies. So where does that leave us?

So we're up to almost 150 posts and what we definitely know is:
- It's too expensive, it didn't used to be, I'm not going anymore
- It's too expensive, it didn't used to be, I gotta figure out if I can afford it
- Eh, I don't think the cost is that bad, I'll be going again sometime
- Expensive, shmexpensive, what is cost?, everything is perfect (fairy dust! fairy dust!), I will continue to go frequently

Now replace the subject (cost of a Disney vacation) with any other subject like gas, food, hotels, cars, houses, movies, etc. The same discussion basically applies. So where does that leave us?

-That everything has gotten more expensive and in many cases quality has gone downhill.
-That value is in the eye of the beholder.
-That we're all lucky that we get to choose how, when and where we spend our money for things like vacation.

Phantom Mickey

An unpopular opinion, but they need to raise the prices a lot more so it's not as crowded. I'd pay double if I didn't have to smell other people's lack of hygiene as I make my way down Main Street USA.

Yes, that is an unpopular opinion, and so is this...

I might consider paying higher prices to go to WDW, and you absolutely will because of the greed, BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO LOSE FAST PASS FIRST!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Yes, that is an unpopular opinion, and so is this...

I might consider paying higher prices to go to WDW, and you absolutely will because of the greed, BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO LOSE FAST PASS FIRST!

Disney would of course take that as "We can charge these people more, and still fill the parks beyond (we mean to) fire code capacity!".

Phantom Mickey

Just remember that all of Ft. Wilderness is dog friendly now, if that is a problem for you. If not, it looks like it's a beautiful place.X CUT X
Thats interesting.
When the loops 16 / 17 / 18 and 19 were pet loops, you still had access to the dog kennels at Ft Wilderness and at each of the park entrances. When DISNEY created the expensive large single kennel and closed the local kennels, things changed abruptly.
IF YOU DID NOT STAY IN THE PET LOOPS, you were expected to take your pet to the new single kennel. The old original kennel was a short walk away but you cannot walk to the new kennel. I asked if pets would be allowed on the bus, and of course the answer was no. I then asked if DISNEY would offer transportation to the new Kennel and again, No, Disney was not going to supply transportation from your camp ground or hotel to their new, expensive, "convenient" dog Kennel.

Opening the pet loops to include all of Ft Wilderness helps the camp ground but what about the guests at the hotels who do not have cars?

As for the looks of Ft Wilderness, the last time I was there, (it's been a while), the campground had become plain. It certainly does NOT look like the FtWilderness that originally opened with the train, the decorated bins and eventually the water park.

At the time I was there, almost All of any kind of image of Mickey was gone. There were two left, one on the original sign that greets guests to Ft Wilderness, ( NOW GONE), and on the sign to the boat docks. Even the Trash containers were losing the Mickey Ft Wilderness logo.
The lighting in the loops is minimal but on our visit, the lights were all burnt out, we had to ask the office to have someone relamp our loop so we could walk the dogs.

Now this was some time ago, I'm sure the Disney Company has taken a look at things and improved them a bit, don't you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom