Cosplay at park

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
Cosplay as Disney characters at parks is not allowed. What if you weren’t a Disney Character is the thing. I had plans to do a simple Love Live School Idol project cosplay while attending Disney. The cosplay is appropriate and the anime is pretty uncommon. If I had to change I’d only have to take the wig off. Do you thing I would be asked to take off the wig or to leave? Also I’m very small and have the appearance of a 12 year old if that affects anything. The character looks like the picture below.
1C181D82-8B66-4ABD-B27B-63C33776AF3E.jpeg

cdeev8690

Are you familiar with 'disneybounding'?

This is how people get around Disney's 'costume' rules. Maybe this could work for what you're trying to do? Not sure about the wig. Plenty of people wear wigs without the purpose of 'bounding' or 'cosplaying'. It is simply an accessory for many. I say GO FOR IT

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd say a picture is in order!

To make this easier and help out.. I've found this on google...for Example...
3436c9e4a8fecc039b9d032ac70355d3.jpg

I've seen Honaka Cosplays at Cons...But, I'd be very careful about it in a Disney Park on a Non Special Event day even if it isn't a Disney Character as you might grab attention to not only guests...but Cast members as well..

I myself have Cosplayed in the Parks During the Halloween Parties as Sora from Kingdom Hearts and got Recognized by the fan base....Especially cast Members. As long as your acting like yourself and not portaying the character they won't bother you..
cc0284835f49d2956b12881e8de653d9.jpg

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If OP can pull off a look like the Honaka photo, I don't think anyone would object... as long as it looks as natural as that photo. Which, BTW, is remarkable...

NelleBelle

I don't see why not, if it's like the picture and/or illustration. I have seen many teens/young ladies from Japan who have been at the park dressed in harajuku fashion and frankly this "cosplay" outfit seems a lot more conservative than what some of the outfits I've seen worn. For example:

Attachments

• Harajuku-Decora-Fashion-Walk-15-010.jpg
    Harajuku-Decora-Fashion-Walk-15-010.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 195

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
If OP can pull off a look like the Honaka photo, I don't think anyone would object... as long as it looks as natural as that photo. Which, BTW, is remarkable...
My cosplay is pretty accurate I’ve taken make up classes and Preformed in several panels and dance proformances as girls from that anime.

Scrungo

I'd assume as long as you're not drawing attention to yourself to the point of a large number of other guests thinking you're a Disney character and wanting photos with you, it'd be fine.
I've seen Homestuck cosplays get in... so something lik Love Live should be fine.

NormC

How old are you? Kids can get away with a lot more than adults. Adults in costumes are usually stopped at gate or asked to change. Except during Halloween party of course.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is a picture of myself in the cosplay for refrance . View attachment 270218

Guidelines for wearing Costumes.....again..Be careful...https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

• Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older; however, some costumes may be permitted during select special events, such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Star Wars Galatic Nights special event costume guidelines apply)
Best Alternative...Just go Bounding....That way wearing the wig may not be a big issue...
2610f88275238884ce7f5a6fb34d72dd.jpg

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think they'd be afraid to say anything to you to avoid a potential backlash should you respond that you identify as that character, and that's only if they actually recognize that you're cosplaying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom