[Corrected] A Blast From The Past: A 40-Year-Old Ticket To the Hoop-Dee-Doo

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
This precious bit of ephemera was found in one of my late mother's old purses over the holidays. I remember it well: I was around 8 years old (the ticket shows a printing date of 1982 on the bottom, but our first visit to WDW was in 1984) and we were spending Easter break at Fort Wilderness Campground in a second-hand pop-up camper which we'd towed 1,200 miles, and living on bologna sandwiches and cereal to keep costs down. Our dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo must have cost a small fortune for my parents at the time, and it was the only onsite meal we ever sprang for during my childhood. What a wonderful memory it was for our family! The fact that my mother held on to this ticket for the rest of her life says it all.

20231224_210201.jpg

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

We didnt have much spare $$ to spend when we first visited WDW but we took our TA's advice and booked the show and glad we did. DS got chosen out of the crowd to take part in the fun and hes never forgotten his first time on stage. Weve never taken a trip without booking the show. Its always fun and delivers a great time. Its never slipped from being the # 1
show on property.

Chernabog1940

We, too, have had luck at the Hoop-Dee-Doo. On our first trip in 1985, my youngest son was chosen to play the young boy. He was six at the time. [He had also been chosen to go on stage at the Diamond Horseshoe - when that venue did a stage show.] Just before he was to go to Germany for his senior year, he was chosen as the Brave. And when my wife and I were there celebrating our 45th anniversary, I was chosen as the 'light on his toes' balletic angel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom