Corral and Changing

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Anybody have any experience with this:

I’m not signed up for Princess but cheap flights and rooms have it a serious consideration. But I missed the deadline for proof of time so I will be placed in last corral.

Think I can go to Runner Relations at Expo with print outs of my POT, and then can be placed at my ability?

I’m not going to run if I KNOW I’ll be in the last corral.

Any experiences with late sign ups and changing corrals?

RunningKoen

I’m not signed up for Princess but cheap flights and rooms have it a serious consideration. But I missed the deadline for proof of time so I will be placed in last corral.

Think I can go to Runner Relations at Expo with print outs of my POT, and then can be placed at my ability?

rD can give stickers to correct the assinged corrals. I've gotten one during the Paris 2018 weekend. I saw several of those stickers during the Marathon weekend.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
rD can give stickers to correct the assinged corrals. I've gotten one during the Paris 2018 weekend. I saw several of those stickers during the Marathon weekend.

That may be for those who submitted a PoT and were assigned in a corral for slower runners.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member

I'd call runDisney this week and ask. Didn't @Greenlawler sign up for the Marathon late? Find out if he was able to change his corral by providing a PoT at bib pickup.

FerretAfros

If I'm not mistaken, they'll still give you the chance to submit POT when registering, you just won't be able to go back and change it later. I registered for Avengers last-minute a few years ago and vaguely remember that, and I've seen comments in FB groups to the same effect. If not, I'm sure it would be a valid reason to get it changed at the expo, especially if you have a particularly fast POT

Just keep in mind that Princess follows Harrison Bergeron rules, so guys aren't allowed in the first corral or two.

Worst case scenario, you can always do the Dead Last Start Challenge, starting in the back of the field and seeing how many runners you can pass over the course of the race. As I recall you're pretty quick (and average Princess finish times are famously slow), so you could probably pass at least half the field during the race without trying too hard! :D

LAKid53

Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, they'll still give you the chance to submit POT when registering, you just won't be able to go back and change it later. I registered for Avengers last-minute a few years ago and vaguely remember that, and I've seen comments in FB groups to the same effect. If not, I'm sure it would be a valid reason to get it changed at the expo, especially if you have a particularly fast POT

Just keep in mind that Princess follows Harrison Bergeron rules, so guys aren't allowed in the first corral or two.

Worst case scenario, you can always do the Dead Last Start Challenge, starting in the back of the field and seeing how many runners you can pass over the course of the race. As I recall you're pretty quick (and average Princess finish times are famously slow), so you could probably pass at least half the field during the race without trying too hard! :D

I'll wave to him as he speeds past me. 😄

surfsupdon

Original Poster
You are all most helpful, thank you.

I am familiar with the bib over-ride stickers as I had been granted one in the past for a POT that I was able to prove that I submitted (on my registration print out) but I was incorrectly placed.

I only run halfs and fulls for runDisney, so each race I genuinely try my best and to set a personal record....and maybe win. Haha. But I don’t think that would happen from the last corral.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom