Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonniePeverley

Current doubling time is 11 days.

Just have to look at the UK to see which way this is going.

For all those users who doubted this Indian variant was going to hit the USA hard, have suddenly piped down with the positive spin. Took a fair bit of abuse a few weeks ago too.

correcaminos

Current doubling time is 11 days.

Just have to look at the UK to see which way this is going.

For all those users who doubted this Indian variant was going to hit the USA hard, have suddenly piped down with the positive spin. Took a fair bit of abuse a few weeks ago too.
Delta variant

We will see where it goes too. Some places that are under vaccinated will be hit. As a whole? We shall see

Touchdown

Trauma

Hey a Disney topic!

Masks and Social distancing return.

What the heck does Disney do?

They will have to lower capacity for the parks restaurants etc

People already have rooms booked along with park passes and dining reservations.

Are they just going to randomly cancel peoples plans?

Do they assume enough people will cancel because of the return of restrictions that they won’t have to?

Last edited:

StaceyH_SD

I doubt Disney will do anything differently regarding restaurants and distancing and that sort of thing. I think the most they would do is masks on for everybody indoors.

Regarding vaccine passports, CA has a very simple system which they don’t even call a vaccine passport. The state Dept of Health website has the record of everybody who has been vaccinated in CA. You can look up your record on the website and they will text you your record with a QR code. The QR code is meant to be read by a specific type of scanner (like if you scanned it with your phone it wouldn’t do anything) so, say, Disneyland or concert venues or whatever could require that for admission or to be unmasked and so on.

Jwink

To enter Disney you have to have had the vaccine if you are an adult. There ... that's one. The top brass need to push covid passports. Deny some pleasures in life in scenarios where people are posing a risk to others.

I don't want to go on Spiderman, stand in a long indoor queue next to unmasked non vaccinated people.
I love it. And agree- but if they were successful about vaccine passports, what would happen in states like Florida where DeSantis banned them? Can they ‘override’ him?

Jwink

Florida says no vaccine passports because the gov. signed this into law. So not sure why you are yelling at me over this - just repeating what can and cannot be done. WDW cannot deny entry. They can make it different for each.
Yeah but they are a private owned business. So, they could find ways around it. For instance, if you show your vaccine card you get a discount! If you don’t show your vaccine card your ticket is $999. A small concert venue did that here in Florida a month or two ago after the ban.

correcaminos

Yeah but they are a private owned business. So, they could find ways around it. For instance, if you show your vaccine card you get a discount! If you don’t show your vaccine card your ticket is $999. A small concert venue did that here in Florida a month or two ago after the ban.
As I said they can treat unvaccinated different. That would be suicide if Disney pulled that level of difference. They could force vaccinated to wear masks and keep them from certain areas though.

Jwink

If this number is accurate, there are potentially thousands of breakthrough cases circulating in LA County.

Mask mandates are too late. Everything must close down again to prevent ICU beds in SoCal from reaching 0% again.

When I say I HATE living in Florida…DeSantis has said he’ll never shut things down again… it’s so frustrating living in a state where I feel like half of the people out there don’t care whether my kids (too young to vaxx) live or die.

It’s so simple to put a piece of cloth over your face. So freakin simple.

The cdc has failed the under 12 population. And their silence on this is deafening. Florida is just a cesspool right now. Cases are sharply increasing everyday, we can only view the numbers weekly, and the highest up people in government are pretending like it doesn’t exist or that it’s over.

Lilofan

Also cruise lines are charging / requiring unvaccinated passengers prior to board a future cruise ( ie Carnival unvaccinated folks must purchase travel insurance , must pay $150 Carnival fee to submit to covid test prior to boarding ). Vaccinated passengers showing proof don't have to spend on these and can enjoy spending their money on the ship etc.

Jwink

As I said they can treat unvaccinated different. That would be suicide if Disney pulled that level of difference. They could force vaccinated to wear masks and keep them from certain areas though.
How do you mean? I think the simplest thing is to require masks for everyone again. I agree it would be suicide for such a big business, I’m just saying since vaccine passports are banned… if this gets out of control (and with a positivity of 11.7% we are almost there) they will have to do something.
I’m hoping the Union speaks up because even though cast members have to sign an agreement that they’ll continue to wear masks if they’re unvaccinated, there’s no accountability for it. If you ‘think’ someone is unvaccinated but not wearing a mask, there’s nowhere to report it, etc

rustincohle

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that the venn diagram between "anti-vaxxers" and "families that will spend a lot of money at Disney World" is disappointingly large, meaning Disney will be extremely reluctant to differentiate between those who are vaccinated and those who aren't.

I'd love them to just scan a QR code on entry for vaccinated people or something (we're trialling such an app in the UK), but I simply cannot see it.

Jwink

Also cruise lines are charging / requiring unvaccinated passengers prior to board a future cruise ( ie Carnival unvaccinated folks must purchase travel insurance , must pay $150 Carnival fee to submit to covid test prior to boarding ).
I mean a covid test before entering the park could work… but heck that would take a long time 😳

rustincohle

How do you mean? I think the simplest thing is to require masks for everyone again. I agree it would be suicide for such a big business, I’m just saying since vaccine passports are banned… if this gets out of control (and with a positivity of 11.7% we are almost there) they will have to do something.
I’m hoping the Union speaks up because even though cast members have to sign an agreement that they’ll continue to wear masks if they’re unvaccinated, there’s no accountability for it. If you ‘think’ someone is unvaccinated but not wearing a mask, there’s nowhere to report it, etc
Masks for everyone is really hard now. The anti-vaxxers hated them already, and the vaccinated will (justifiably) wonder why they're masking up to help selfish people who wouldn't do the same for them.

Jwink

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that the venn diagram between "anti-vaxxers" and "families that will spend a lot of money at Disney World" is disappointingly large, meaning Disney will be extremely reluctant to differentiate between those who are vaccinated and those who aren't.

I'd love them to just scan a QR code on entry for vaccinated people or something (we're trialling such an app in the UK), but I simply cannot see it.
I think a QR code would be equivalent to a passport here which are banned unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom