Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeTrain04

OMG ya'll...I read thru 78 pages today and am CAUGHT UP! Glad that I didn't miss too much, other than the standard subjects. Was hoping for a good side-tangent about a random topic, like hot dogs in Chicago, or something...

These last few pages have been a doozy! Some of you all may recall was very anxious at the beginning of this pandemic, and when the vaccines started to roll out, because I am immuno-suppressed. The "stay at home if you're at risk" crowd was disheartening. It seems that those some type people are surfacing again. And that wasn't an issue since I've been vaccinated for 2 months now. However...when I checked in with my doc this week (the one who oversees my immunosuppressing meds) he had a serious conversation with me that alarmed me, as he reminded me that I still need to be ultra diligent about being safe, EVEN THOUGH I'm vaccinated, as the jury is out as to how much the vaccine actually is working for me. I'm not in the 90% like you all.

So...the comments below are just terrible. And selfish. I am not fully protected. So all of the ranting and raving of loosening the restrictions because of "personal responsibility" just puts me right back in that category where I'm the one who's expendable?

Not cool.
Hi! Also immuno-suppressed here (MS) it’s still not anyone’s responsibility but my own to make sure I’m safe. And while you’re 100% correct that you and I aren’t at the same level of protection as others I stand by my comments. I actually had Covid a few months ago and surprisingly had a very mild case. I have to have my T cells wiped every 6 months. The general public hasn’t cared about my health in any other cold/flu season. Which by the way has put me in the hospital twice, but then again so could a common cold. I’ve also developed pneumonia from that too. Anyhow, I wish you nothing but good health!

Tony Perkis

But why is that the responsibility of the business? Isn’t that the responsibility of the people who could be vaccinated but choose not to be?
People have proven they can’t be trusted to make the right decisions on a mass level, hence our poor vaccination numbers, so it is contingent on external parties, whether it be government or private organizations, to implement standards to help.

GaBoy

Hi! Also immuno-suppressed here (MS) it’s still not anyone’s responsibility but my own to make sure I’m safe. And while you’re 100% correct that you and I aren’t at the same level of protection as others I stand by my comments. I actually had Covid a few months ago and surprisingly had a very mild case. I have to have my T cells wiped every 6 months. The general public hasn’t cared about my health in any other cold/flu season. Which by the way has put me in the hospital twice, but then again so could a common cold. I’ve also developed pneumonia from that too. Anyhow, I wish you nothing but good health!
Well. You have stared it in the face.

GaBoy

Because living my life in fear isn’t living my life. It’s my time when it’s my time. I’m going to enjoy it while I can.
Of course none of what any of us say here makes a dime's worth of difference in what Disney does or doesn't do... but I do hope that it won't matter in a few months and we can all get back to other battles.

mmascari

Because the unvaccinated patrons can spread it to others, including to the rare vaccinated.

There will always be SOME un-vaccinated patrons. At some point we're going to have to say "welp, good enough."
If you cannot see the difference between “SOME un-vaccinated when community spread is high” and “SOME un-vaccinated when community spread is low”, what’s the point of the discussions? Everyone is fine with the second, it’s the first that is the issue.

ColeTrain04

And got extraordinarily lucky.

Thanks for being courteous toward others...
I can’t expect people to stop living their lives to protect me either. That’s honestly not fair for anyone to ask. I don’t see myself as “expendable” and I don’t want people to have pity for me because of my health. Ive learned to live with this over several years. It’s human nature to adapt. I’ll keep doing that.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
About the future variant guys, well, this vaccines will may getting beat all future variants because we want to get all people vaccinated before it's too late. I know this is possible to race to back to normal and get herd immunity before variant does. US needs to get back on feet and stay away from variant before it become bad like India and Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom