Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m at WDW now and it seems people are complaining more about the lack of FastPasses than masks. Masks are miserable but people know they’re temporary.

tell them ditch the masks...can’t expect them to comply 😉

but seriously...people are fast passes trained...and frankly + was awful when you step back and look at it...

so how’s this gonna play?

correcaminos

Per CNN less then a third of parents in US will let their children get vaccinated even after EUA.
Hopefully schools require it
And that third seem to be waiting to race for it. My high school just offered a second covid clinic. The nurses are requesting we send in a copy of the covid vaccine card when vaccinated. Really wish we could get this approved faster.

Chi84

Premium Member
tell them ditch the masks...can’t expect them to comply 😉

but seriously...people are fast passes trained...and frankly + was awful when you step back and look at it...

so how’s this gonna play?
Why would you tell people who are complying with the mask requirement to ditch masks because they can’t be expected to comply? Maybe I’m misunderstanding?

FastPass+ worked great for us, but we vacation differently from most. I expect we’ll adapt to whatever system Disney adopts - or we’ll find another vacation venue. Life is all about learning to deal with change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why would you tell people who are complying with the mask requirement to ditch masks because they can’t be expected to comply? Maybe I’m misunderstanding?

FastPass+ worked great for us, but we vacation differently from most. I expect we’ll adapt to whatever system Disney adopts - or we’ll find another vacation venue. Life is all about learning to deal with change.
Yep...I can’t penetrate those shields...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Per CNN less then a third of parents in US will let their children get vaccinated even after EUA.
It’s a little misleading of them here is an actual survey:

The percent of parents who said they would get their kids vaccinated right away is 30% but another 26% said they would wait and see how the vaccine works. So 56% total yes and that mirrors the adult parents. Once there is approval I think most of the 26% cross over to yes but people don’t want to commit until the FDA formally says it’s safe. Only 23% said they would not get their kids vaccinated no matter what which is only slightly higher than the adult population saying the same things.

On adults, the poll showed 9% of adults who haven’t gotten the shot yet said they still would definitely get it. We are at 57% of adults with one shot so that would put us to around 66% of adults some time sooner than later going in. The percent of adults who say no way, never is holding at 20%. That means there are still 14% of adults in the wait and see group and that’s the target demographic for increasing the totals. If we get all of them we could reach 80%, if we get half 73% and if we get none we are left at 66%. Getting over 70% of 12+ would be a good target which would mean 60% of the total population. That should be good enough to get it done...hopefully. I think ultimately kids 12+ come in around the same percent as adults but younger kids will probably be much lower as hopefully by the time they are approved covid is less of a threat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
what a nasty generalization

I agree...provided there’s a significant case/proof that it’s not the case

The percent of parents who said they would get their kids vaccinated right away is 30% but another 26% said they would wait and see how the vaccine works. So 56% total yes and that mirrors the adult parents. Once there is approval I think most of the 26% cross over to yes but people don’t want to commit until the FDA formally says it’s safe. Only 23% said they would not get their kids vaccinated no matter what which is only slightly higher than the adult population saying the same things.

On adults, the poll showed 9% of adults who haven’t gotten the shot yet said they still would definitely get it. We are at 57% of adults with one shot so that would put us to around 66% of adults some time sooner than later going in. The percent of adults who say no way, never is holding at 20%. That means there are still 14% of adults in the wait and see group and that’s the target demographic for increasing the totals. If we get all of them we could reach 80%, if we get half 73% and if we get none we are left at 66%. Getting over 70% of 12+ would be a good target which would mean 60% of the total population. That should be good enough to get it done...hopefully. I think ultimately kids 12+ come in around the same percent as adults but younger kids will probably be much lower as hopefully by the time they are approved covid is less of a threat.

The problem is “wait until I see the effects” when the vax theory requires max participation is in essence: a no.

not interested if they get it in 2023

I can't see a requirement for something that unpopular.

it should be “optional” to decline it...if you’re board certified as an immunologist/virologist

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

The actual headline is that Less than a third of parents say they'd let their child get Covid-19 vaccine right away.

An additional third want to wait to see how the vaccine is working. Not sure why the hesitancy as we know the vaccines work and are safe, but the numbers are better than implied here.

SorcererMC

I read the study this morning, and the charts are helpful in understanding the distribution over time. The narrative about lagging demand, which is just a snapshot, is highly misleading, in terms of how it's expected to actually play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom