Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeS7

So he did explain the difference, then.
Not only that, the "later on" was literally 20 seconds later. I live in NJ, I've been following the press conferences (didn't see the one from today). They always post the slides as it is happening. Here's the actual clip of him announcing it:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw the R0 rate here in the Jerz is back about 1.0 for the first time in 10 weeks...

So now I might get to quarantine before AND after any vacation I take...

They pay for those 28 days...right? 🤔

DisneyDebRob

I saw the R0 rate here in the Jerz is back about 1.0 for the first time in 10 weeks...

So now I might get to quarantine before AND after any vacation I take...

They pay for those 28 days...right? 🤔
35 days actually. Quarantine at your vacation spot for 2 weeks. Take week vacation. Quarantine for 2 weeks when you get home. Hoping a lot of people have vacation time saved up.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
its almost as if....theyre presenting ALL of the relevant information....

how dare they
You think more people watched the press conference or just read the tweet? You think some in the media may turn the tweet into the headline? That is one point.
the other...trying to determine trends. I would hope that they don’t officially count all those deaths as yesterday when some were long ago. Otherwise the trend will be off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You think more people watched the press conference or just read the tweet? You think some in the media may turn the tweet into the headline? That is one point.
the other...trying to determine trends. I would hope that they don’t officially count all those deaths as yesterday when some were long ago. Otherwise the trend will be off.
...so what you’re saying is...it’s the media that’s to blame?

You should copyright that...it could be BIG🤔

Chip Chipperson

Lol. You won’t get an inch on anything. Even on “easy” things like this.

I live in NJ. I have a strong dislike for Murphy. But every time these old, newly discovered deaths are reported, the difference has been reported clearly. There's no trickery going on here.
Not only that, the "later on" was literally 20 seconds later. I live in NJ, I've been following the press conferences (didn't see the one from today). They always post the slides as it is happening. Here's the actual clip of him announcing it:

Thanks for sharing that video.

Wow, so his clarification wasn't even in response to a reporter. He just made sure to explain it himself so as not to make it sound like he was misrepresenting the numbers. What a monster!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I live in NJ. I have a strong dislike for Murphy. But every time these old, newly discovered deaths are reported, the difference has been reported clearly. There's no trickery going on here.

I have an issue with the tweet. Overall it paints a different picture. And I have an issue if these deaths are causing current trends to be inaccurate. It will depend on how they end up being recorded. I understand that he explained in greater detail at the conference.

I don’t think I’m being unreasonable to have an issue here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that video.

Wow, so his clarification wasn't even in response to a reporter. He just made sure to explain it himself so as not to make it sound like he was misrepresenting the numbers. What a monster!
I’m no lover of Murphy...Goldman Sachs weasel That he is...

But he had a cancerous tumor taken out in early March and had to deal with this 24 hour a day crisis during treatment

I can’t not respect that

Chip Chipperson

Based on this, it doesn't look like they are lumping the old deaths in with the new ones on their tables. I could be wrong, though. It's not the easiest to read.

lazyboy97o

25 huh? List them. In 2018, there were 647k from heart disease, 599k from cancer. The accidents at 167k. That would make COVID third.
Additionally, of the other 5 (Heart disease, Cancer, Accidents, Chronic lower respiratory diseases, Stroke), none of them are contagious.
To add to this, heart disease and cancer are groups of different diseases with different causes. COVID-19 is one disease with a single cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom