Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If we were cautioned not to go to nearly an other place/scenario because of the potential of infection...there would be very little descent.

Because it’s Disney...and because we overanalyze and harp and obsess and do countdowns and type book reports to nobody on....

This is just a weeee bit skewed.

Y'all are funny. Disney World has always been a giant Petri dish to grow and spread whatever communicable illnesses are around.

It's a global focal point for travel. Now the ability of more people to travel across the globe rapidly has this downside.

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I just got back from WDW on the 4th of March. I double washed my hands, used my shirt tail to open doors, and did not use handrails if possible. If someone sneezed around me, I covered my face. I think that's all you can do while there. And, yes, we are senior citizens. Would I go on a cruise now? NO. Would I repeat a visit in the near future to WDW? NO. Would I go to Disneyland? Maybe. I'm not going to live in a bubble, but I'm not going to be stupid either. It isn't over yet with the cancellations and stock market, but it will get better! I just worry that people will panic IF (a big IF), it is not needed.

HauntedMansionFLA

The tipping point in public awareness was only within the last few days. I wouldn't expect any impact to begin to be felt until after the weekend. Gauging the overall mood from various sites, my impression is that people with trips in the near future are still planning on showing up but there seems to be a gathering apprehension and talk of cancelling / delaying once you get past mid-March.
I guess wait till a cast member gets it but will be buried and not be made public like the Contemporary

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don’t get the run on toilet paper. Does everyone suddenly have irritable bowl or something? Not to be crude, but how often do these people go in a day? I get some of the disinfectant products or maybe even stocking up on water or diapers, but TP seems a bit odd.
I have heard it is a supplier issue. Guess where most of the tp is made ...
And there were production issues before the virus hit.

JoeCamel

I don’t get the run on toilet paper. Does everyone suddenly have irritable bowl or something? Not to be crude, but how often do these people go in a day? I get some of the disinfectant products or maybe even stocking up on water or diapers, but TP seems a bit odd.
Diarrhea is one of the symptoms.

Lilofan

Expect to get the runs? And Lysol to mask the stink..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I haven’t read all 60 pages so maybe this was covered already, but did Disney tell CMs what the plan is for people who need to be quarantined? Do they have to take 14 days off without pay or are they making an exception for this? I assume a lot of CMs can’t work from home unless they have an administrative type job. The company I work for has already decided to allow workers who are infected to stay home from work without using PTO days. They are encouraging people to work from home if possible but it’s different for retail, hospitality and food service workers. Tough situation.

Lilofan

I haven’t read all 60 pages so maybe this was covered already, but did Disney tell CMs what the plan is for people who need to be quarantined? Do they have to take 14 days off without pay or are they making an exception for this? I assume a lot of CMs can’t work from home unless they have an administrative type job. The company I work for has already decided to allow workers who are infected to stay home from work without using PTO days. They are encouraging people to work from home if possible but it’s different for retail, hospitality and food service workers. Tough situation.
Hopefully there are some forgiving bill collectors that will understand.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Diarrhea is one of the symptoms.
I hadn’t seen that listed anywhere as a symptom but maybe people who are nervous and anxious in general over this are getting the runs.
I have heard it is a supplier issue. Guess where most of the tp is made ...
And there were production issues before the virus hit.
That makes some sense. The leaves are just staring to come back on trees near me for the spring so I’m covered if they really run out;)

JoeCamel

I don't think diarrhea is a confirmed side effect

From the Gastroenterology paper
"
Digestive symptoms of COVID-19

Two laboratories from China recently reported that they “successfully” isolated live 2019-nCoV from patients’ stool, according to Gu and colleagues.

Before respiratory symptoms, many patients with COVID-19 had diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal discomfort, according to Gu and colleagues.

“Surprisingly, recent single-cell RNA sequencing data from two independent cohorts revealed a significant enrichment of ACE2 expression in cholangiocytes (59.7% of cells) instead of hepatocytes (2.6% of cells) suggesting that 2019-nCoV might lead to direct damage of intrahepatic bile ducts,” the researchers wrote. “Altogether, many efforts should be made to be alert on the initial digestive symptoms of COVID-19 for early detection, early diagnosis, early isolation and early intervention.”

The more you know......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom