Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERiv

The same can be said going to any job on June 1. Someone in your office could infect everyone and they go out to dinner someplace and infect others. There is no perfect safe place. Even with a vaccine there will be people who don’t get it. I think Disney will reopen June 1.

There is no perfect safe place. Full stop. The only way we can get back to normal is if we've started testing properly and we have a way to manage the disease. If we don't, it'll explode again. At this time we have not treatment at all for this and to the best of our knowledge no one is immune.

Until we have a vaccine and/or drug that works, we're going to have to keep monitoring and continue to do our best to contain the disease. That's the absolute bare minimum. And places like Disney where tens of thousands congregate every day, will likely have to remain closed. Otherwise, the weeks we're spending now doing social distancing / self-isolation will be for naught, and we'll all be back to square one.

Lilofan

Vacations keep us motivated. While we are worried about many other things, the thought of eventually being able to travel and get away is encouraging.
Our staycation is actually quite productive such as decluttering the house to include cleaning finished basement and attics, cleaning from ceiling to floors, vehicles. It is satisfying and we are all getting exercise instead of being a couch potato. Eating healthy with less salt and sugar because of preparing meals at home. Vacations are good but in our experience, tend to overeat and drink more. Everyone has their own way of dealing with the current situation.

Last edited:

jmp85

People are constantly told from infancy up:

"You can be whoever you want to be."
"No one can live your life for you."
"Fight for your rights."
"Think for yourself."
"Question everything."
"Fight for freedom."

Then, when no one wants to listen to anyone else and just wants to do what they want to do, society is shocked. :rolleyes:

He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

DisneyDebRob

All these vehicles ridden by guests and or cast, boats, monorail with lots of moving parts. One member posted the mechanics were already sent home so these areas are not being regularly checked and or serviced. But a question would be, does WDW have enough TP?😉
Let’s not forget all the theaters with cloth seats and area like that. Don’t think they can wipe down and sanitize those seats after every showing.

DisneyCane

At this time we have not treatment at all for this and to the best of our knowledge no one is immune.

According to the experts, anybody that has had the virus already is immune (at least for some period of time). I'd also say that while not technically immune to infection, anybody that has been infected but asymptomatic I'd consider to be "immune" to the disease.

Once the serology test is widely available, we'll be able to get a handle on how many people have actually already had COVID-19 even if they were asymptomatic or thought it was something else like a cold or the flu.

DisneyCane

Let’s not forget all the theaters with cloth seats and area like that. Don’t think they can wipe down and sanitize those seats after every showing.

You could spray them with a sanitizer or do it with UV light sanitizers. The former might not be the best guest experience if the cloth is always damp.

DisneyCane

Our staycation is actually quite productive such as decluttering the house to include cleaning finished basement and attics, cleaning from ceiling to floors, vehicles. It is satisfying and we are all getting exercise instead of being a couch potato. Eating healthy with less salt and sugar because of preparing meals at home. Vacations are good but in our experience, tend to overeat and drink more. Everyone has their own way of dealing with the current situation.

Based upon the sugar shelf at Publix, I'm not so sure many people are eating as healthy as you. Walking down that aisle it seemed like a lot of people were preparing to bake cakes!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Both my fiance & I are essential employees so our work/home life hasn't changed outside of reduced activities on the weekends. For us, vacations & a break from our daily life are still what keeps us going each day. Overeating & drinking is one of the best parts of vacations lol.

21stamps

Has anyone’s state already extended business & school closures thru April?

My neighbor received an email today from his daughter’s school, they are now setting a new return date of May 3.
My kid’s school has not extended yet, but they are preparing for it. We received an email saying “if” it happens they will have a 2 day break for teacher in service day to prepare lessons and communicate with parents, then a week back, then we’ll have our schedule Easter Break,then resume at home learning.

My company is also looking at the possibility of laying more people off, current furloughed employees were scheduled to return on 4/15, but that’s looking less likely, so now they’re trying to figure out who else can be let go. Even for those who remain furloughed, their benefits will end after the 15th.

Yesterday’s new federally recommended extension has brought a whole bunch of new issues today, even without a state level directive. :(

Archie123

My neighbor received an email today from his daughter’s school, they are now setting a new return date of May 3.
My kid’s school has not extended yet, but they are preparing for it. We received an email saying “if” it happens they will have a 2 day break for teacher in service day to prepare lessons and communicate with parents, then a week back, then we’ll have our schedule Easter Break,then resume at home learning.

My company is also looking at the possibility of laying more people off, current furloughed employees were scheduled to return on 4/15, but that’s looking less likely, so now they’re trying to figure out who else can be let go. Even for those who remain furloughed, their benefits will end after the 15th.

Yesterday’s new federally recommended extension has brought a whole bunch of new issues today, even without a state level directive. :(

My guess is that most school districts that are currently closed will not reopen until the fall. With Trump keeping the social distancing recommendations going through April I would say that was a final nail in the coffin for most schools.

PrincessNelly_NJ

At this point, I can't see any schools re-opening this year. I have to feel for parents who are struggling to find someone to stay home with their kids & still working. I also feel for the kids.

My cousin is a teacher in VA and her district has not mandated school work as a requirement for the students. She said on 7 of her 155 students have actually completed assignments. In NJ although the work isn't being graded, it is required they complete it daily or they'll be considered absent.

This is going to seriously hurt children's education.

Archie123

At this point, I can't see any schools re-opening this year. I have to feel for parents who are struggling to find someone to stay home with their kids & still working. I also feel for the kids.

My cousin is a teacher in VA and her district has not mandated school work as a requirement for the students. She said on 7 of her 155 students have actually completed assignments. In NJ although the work isn't being graded, it is required they complete it daily or they'll be considered absent.

This is going to seriously hurt children's education.

I don't think that in long run it will hurt the education of students for missing 1-2 months of school especially that most parents are home and can do some work with their kids. I feel bad for high school kids graduating this year who won't be able to walk across the stage for their graduation.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DLP now adds the “closed until further notice” message.

68BE9B87-EF91-4EF7-9482-1F8EB62AA937.png

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/exceptional-measures-booking/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom