Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Sorry, haven’t been back here on this thread in a few days. Are we back to the “ let it rip” mentality? Again?🤦
It is NEVER going away no matter what we do so what other option is there really?

All we can do is use the tools available (vaccines and therapeutics) to minimize illness severity and live with it.

You can talk "common sense" measures all you want but, given that it is never going away, does it really make a difference if you get COVID next week by "letting it rip" or next year if we take measures to slow the spread with "mitigation forever?"

Everyone who isn't lucky to have been born with an immune system that is able to fight it off is going to get infected at some point. The only question is if you will have symptoms and, if so, how bad will they be.

DisneyDebRob

It is NEVER going away no matter what we do so what other option is there really?

All we can do is use the tools available (vaccines and therapeutics) to minimize illness severity and live with it.

You can talk "common sense" measures all you want but, given that it is never going away, does it really make a difference if you get COVID next week by "letting it rip" or next year if we take measures to slow the spread with "mitigation forever?"

Everyone who isn't lucky to have been born with an immune system that is able to fight it off is going to get infected at some point. The only question is if you will have symptoms and, if so, how bad will they be.
My post was in reference to someone that seemed to be saying that it doesn’t matter whether you have the vaccine or not it doesn’t matter. In fact the poster even used an example of people that were vaccinated getting it more often and with bad results. My comment of let it rip was directed at the nonvax underlying comments that are still posted. Of course the best thing is to get vaccinated and boosted. Everyone should be. The people that go around that, without directly saying it was where the comment was directed at. But you know that. We just havent had a go around in months so welcome back.🙂

Rescue Ranger

I don't know if you can blame the pandemic because they had more downtime than ever to fix things, but I hate seeing attractions, features and areas of the park an poor condition because 15+ more years ago this would never happen.

At AK and noticing things not in good shape bother me.

Refurbish/fix Pandora. FoP needs realignment to fix how blurry it's become. Broken water features. Broken snails.

Tough to be a Bug needs an HD transfer and anamatronics are in desperate need of repair. Hopper is not even appearing anymore.

I became groomed to expect close to perfection because that what we used to get.

ToTBellHop

I don't know if you can blame the pandemic because they had more downtime than ever to fix things, but I hate seeing attractions, features and areas of the park an poor condition because 15+ more years ago this would never happen.

Refurbish/fix Pandora. FoP needs realignment to fix how blurry it's become. Broken water features. Broken snails.

Tough to be a Bug needs an HD transfer and anamatronics are in desperate need of repair. Hopper is not even appearing anymore.

I became groomed to expect close to perfection because that what we used to get.
That’s from back when they made the Magic. Now that you are the Magic, all they need to provide are restrooms (which, ironically, are cleaner now than 5 or 6 years ago, in my experience).

JoeCamel

I think you can blame the pandemic for a lot. It's not like they had a full maintenance and construction staffing with full access to parts and supplies backed by permitting and engineering where needed.
Those people were at home.

Rescue Ranger

I think you can blame the pandemic for a lot. It's not like they had a full maintenance and construction staffing with full access to parts and supplies backed by permitting and engineering where needed.
I guess I'd argue they could have fixed these issues before reopening?

Like with Typhoon Lagoon. It was closed for ages and they STILL couldn't fix the water features on the retaining wall on the Surf Pool? Tilly still doesn't erupt?

Rescue Ranger

Even entertainment I'm happy to see much of it to return to AK buy why.....WHY are the Citizens of Hollywood still not back?

Their absence is missed big time.

As for the lack of upkeep/fixing and state of aspects of the parks and attractions....I suppose I cannot fully put the blame on Disney. The quality of people, as a whole, are not what they were 10 or 20 or especially 50 years ago. The entitlement and lack of respect so many 'guests' show towards the parks is unbelievable. This can't make upkeep easy.

Last edited:

Joesixtoe

Your anti-vax talk makes zero sense. If someone caught covid then as you incorrectly said, their antibodies would last years so vaccinated or not, they would be better off - as you keep implying. It has repeatedly been proven that vaccinated have less chance of becoming ill, but if they do their severity is diminished. Your single person anecdote means nothing. Especially because you have zero clue if their body just sucks and wipes out antibodies.
I never said that it last years, I said in the CNN article I posted it says the recovered unvaccinated had up to a years worth of antibodies but that I've seen longer. Again if both roads leads to antibodies, what is the difference? I don't understand how people having the tools to be healthy is a bad thing? Also my anecdotal evidence is just anecdotal yes but I've always said I've seen many more vaccinated individuals for covid like symptoms than I have recovered unvaccinated(its just my personal experience, as im sure there are others whos experiened the opposite). I've also always said that I'm just defending a person's right to tackle covid the best they see fit; Vaccines or whatever. Yelling Anti-vaxx to someone who's had many Vaccines is just a sign of a loosing argument. Trust me, you go onto other boards or forums and people yell and say those same types of things to the vaccinated crowd that you guys yell towards me. I personally desire people to choose what they believe is best for them against covid and for each to be understanding of one another. Sadly that dialog is at times lost these days.

correcaminos

I never said that it last years, I said in the CNN article I posted it says the recovered unvaccinated had up to a years worth of antibodies but that I've seen longer. Again if both roads leads to antibodies, what is the difference? I don't understand how people having the tools to be healthy is a bad thing? Also my anecdotal evidence is just anecdotal yes but I've always said I've seen many more vaccinated individuals for covid like symptoms than I have recovered unvaccinated(its just my personal experience, as im sure there are others whos experiened the opposite). I've also always said that I'm just defending a person's right to tackle covid the best they see fit; Vaccines or whatever. Yelling Anti-vaxx to someone who's had many Vaccines is just a sign of a loosing argument. Trust me, you go onto other boards or forums and people yell and say those same types of things to the vaccinated crowd that you guys yell towards me. I personally desire people to choose what they believe is best for them against covid and for each to be understanding of one another. Sadly that dialog is at times lost these days.
You are consistently anti-vax for covid. You claim covid for unvaccinated is better than those vaccinated and previously infected vaccinated are worse off. Your arguments are both flawed and frankly pointless now. Why even post what is anti-vax rhetoric in the first place? Don't want to be labeled that? Stop repeating what you're hearing. The singular hatred of one vaccination still makes one anti-vax at least for that singular vaccine. No one is is really pushing unvaccinated to vaccinate so constantly repeating your opinions and tales is pointless now. Smell test doesn't pass.

correcaminos

I think it's been in decline long before covid

Lilofan

Even entertainment I'm happy to see much of it to return to AK buy why.....WHY are the Citizens of Hollywood still not back?

Their absence is missed big time.

As for the lack of upkeep/fixing and state of aspects of the parks and attractions....I suppose I cannot fully put the blame on Disney. The quality of people, as a whole, are not what they were 10 or 20 or especially 50 years ago. The entitlement and lack of respect so many 'guests' show towards the parks is unbelievable. This can't make upkeep easy.
I don't think covid could be blamed on Chapek or Covid. Citizens of Hollywood cast were starting to get laid off before those times, I believe.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

You are consistently anti-vax for covid. You claim covid for unvaccinated is better than those vaccinated and previously infected vaccinated are worse off. Your arguments are both flawed and frankly pointless now. Why even post what is anti-vax rhetoric in the first place? Don't want to be labeled that? Stop repeating what you're hearing. The singular hatred of one vaccination still makes one anti-vax at least for that singular vaccine. No one is is really pushing unvaccinated to vaccinate so constantly repeating your opinions and tales is pointless now. Smell test doesn't pass.
I think we can include “anecdotal evidence “ in this meme. But this sign can be used for most things in life besides COVID. Get the shot and get boosted.

CF3BDE07-20EE-4AEA-8DE3-2C820EBD4488.jpeg

Last edited:

Heelz2315

Orange Co. hit the yellow or "medium" risk today. I hope things go down, but I don't have any faith that they will. WDW has just finished removing all plexiglass and other signs of the pandemic. Wonder if they will ever put any mitigations back if things get bad enough?

correcaminos

Orange Co. hit the yellow or "medium" risk today. I hope things go down, but I don't have any faith that they will. WDW has just finished removing all plexiglass and other signs of the pandemic. Wonder if they will ever put any mitigations back if things get bad enough?
Stop stressing. No one says they have to go up. My area has been very stable 3 weeks in a row now. NYC also remains stable. NY state is going down. S. africa is on its way down big time as well. Stressing about something over a month away isn't good. I leave in over a week and I'm not pressed.

Heelz2315

Stop stressing. No one says they have to go up. My area has been very stable 3 weeks in a row now. NYC also remains stable. NY state is going down. S. africa is on its way down big time as well. Stressing about something over a month away isn't good. I leave in over a week and I'm not pressed.
I wish I could stop lol. I’ll stop when I know they won’t reimpose indoor masks when I go June 30. Then I can take a deep breath

Jrb1979

I wish I could stop lol. I’ll stop when I know they won’t reimpose indoor masks when I go June 30. Then I can take a deep breath
They could make it mandatory to be vaccinated to enter instead. I can't believe people are still going on about this. The cries of " what the children" is nauseating.

mmascari

A "deep breath" may not be the best idea.

Just saying, if you're in an enclosed space in a yellow (or worse) FL area, the "deep breath" with no filtration is probably the thing you don't want to do. 🤔

We're going soon, and I told my wife that I'm just planning on having COVID the week after the trip. I believe I've reached the acceptance stage. Her response was "I just hope we don't get it right before the trip".

I suggested that if we didn't test before we wouldn't have it, no testing means no cases. She was not amused. 🤣

DisneyDebRob

A "deep breath" may not be the best idea.

Just saying, if you're in an enclosed space in a yellow (or worse) FL area, the "deep breath" with no filtration is probably the thing you don't want to do. 🤔

We're going soon, and I told my wife that I'm just planning on having COVID the week after the trip. I believe I've reached the acceptance stage. Her response was "I just hope we don't get it right before the trip".

I suggested that if we didn't test before we wouldn't have it, no testing means no cases. She was not amused. 🤣
No sense of humor.😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom