Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Don’t look now but case #’s are really climbing….ugh
Where? Seriously you stress way too much about this. The 7 day average is what it was in early March.

I seriously worry more about hospitalizations and deaths at this point. I really am not that worked up over ups and downs in actual case numbers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-28 102459.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-28 102459.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2022-04-28 102552.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-28 102552.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 42

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Don’t look now but case #’s are really climbing….ugh
Do you intentionally torture yourself? :hilarious:

Nationally, cases have been slowly rising since pretty much the beginning of April...as expected. 7 day average low was about 28K at the beginning of the month. Now we are around 53K.
Hospitalization low was 10K. We are now at 11K. But people in the ICU have actually decreased.

BuddyThomas

Where? Seriously you stress way too much about this. The 7 day average is what it was in early March.

I seriously worry more about hospitalizations and deaths at this point. I really am not that worked up over ups and downs.
They are talking about this on television right this very second.

I could go on, but why bother......

correcaminos

Yeah I don't watch TV for a reason.

Seriously. Yes, they are slowly rising but not OH MY GOD! Rising at all to me. Honestly I am a middle ground person here and I am tired of the sky is falling for every up or whatever. Again I care more about hospitalizations and deaths. Look at the graphs. ICUs are down still. Deaths are down. Ups and downs in cases when honestly we are not seeing a massive increase in hospitalizations are really not hugely concerning to me.

BuddyThomas

Seriously. Yes, they are slowly rising but not OH MY GOD! Rising at all to me. Honestly I am a middle ground person here and I am tired of the sky is falling for every up or whatever. Again I care more about hospitalizations and deaths. Look at the graphs. ICUs are down still. Deaths are down. Ups and downs in cases when honestly we are not seeing a massive increase in hospitalizations are really not hugely concerning to me.
How delightful for you not to be concerned, but the post in question was that "CASES ARE REALLY CLIMBING" - and whether or not you care, cases do happen to be really climbing.

TsWade2

I agree. I am done with this pandemic. Besides, we’re in a better phase now. In fact, I’ve heard Fauci says we’re out of the pandemic phase. And we’re not going back to square one like that horrible crappy 2020! 2020 sucks!

correcaminos

How delightful for you not to be concerned, but the post i9n question was that "CASES ARE REALLY CLIMBING" - and whether or not you care, cases do happen to be really rising.
Can you knock of the rude please? Maybe you forgot but I actually do care about covid and probably did more to help people deal with it than the average poster here did. So I don't appreciate your attitude.

Cases are not really climbing!!!!!! That's my point. Climbing and really climbing are not even remotely the same thing. And don't even try to say a 50% over the course of weeks increase is huge. 50% of a small number is still a small number.

When cases we see are also asymptomatic or pretty much no symptoms at all, even the CDC says not to worry. If our medical centers aren't stressed, we shouldn't be. Most of the US is still very green or yellow which is good.

correcaminos

I agree. I am done with this pandemic. Besides, we’re in a better phase now. In fact, I’ve heard Fauci says we’re out of the pandemic phase. And we’re not going back to square one like that horrible crappy 2020! 2020 sucks!
I am not saying I'm done, I just cannot be worried over cases increasing when severity is not matching. I am more than willing compared to some to do what is needed when needed. There comes a point when I cannot stress about every bump up and down. Even omicron surge wasn't near as catastrophic as before. At some point we have to be realistic about severity and adjust from there. EVen the CDC has.

BuddyThomas

Can you knock of the rude please? Maybe you forgot but I actually do care about covid and probably did more to help people deal with it than the average poster here did. So I don't appreciate your attitude.

Cases are not really climbing!!!!!! That's my point. Climbing and really climbing are not even remotely the same thing. And don't even try to say a 50% increase is huge. 50% of a small number is still a small number.

When cases we see are also asymptomatic or pretty much no symptoms at all, even the CDC says not to worry. If our medical centers aren't stressed, we shouldn't be. Most of the US is still very green or yellow which is good.
What's rude? Me posting some inconvenient truths? Thanks for proving what I said above - that you're not allowed to post inconvenient truths on here or people will have a total freak out. I'm really sick and tired of all the self-proclaimed epidemiologists on here who keep twisting what is actually happening in the world into a little happy walk through Fantasyland. This has been going on since DAY ONE. Again, whether you like it or not, or care or not, cases are really climbing, That is a fact. You can dispute it as many times as you want, but that does not change what is happening in the world right now.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

You're right. You shouldn't bother. Most of us are living our lives, understanding that there are still going to be bumps here and there. You want to panic about hospitalizations bumping from 10K to 11K in a 3 week period, while ICU hospitalizations have decreased, be my guest. Go lock yourself away again and waste any good years you may have left but don't expect the rest of us to do so.

Heelz2315

I'll say it again being this stressed over a vacation isn't healthy. Stop looking at daily and keep on the hospitalization levels and such that the CDC does. Though WDW isn't even following that. They dropped long before the CDC said it was "safe"

If I knew what their plan of action was I’d relax a little. But they guard their decision making process like KFC guards their 7 herb and spices recipe

correcaminos

What's rude? Me posting some inconvenient truths? Thanks for proving what I said above - that you're not allowed to post inconvenient truths on here or people will have a total freak out. I'm really sick and tired of all the self-proclaimed epidemiologists on here who keep twisting what is actually happening in the world into a little happy walk through Fantasyland. This has been going on since DAY ONE. Again, whether you like it or not, or care or not, cases are really climbing, That is a fact. You can dispute it as many times as you want, but that does not change what is happening in the world right now.
your assumption that I don't care. That's an assumption that is 100% and rude as all get out. Seriously read your post. You are demeaning and condescending. You are labeling me as an anti-covid person because I am being middle road and honestly I am sick to death of the labeling here. There is a lot of gray in this mess and I try to sort through it all.

So again, stop being so rude. You are 100% wrong about me and I think attacking people because of false assumptions is beyond uncool to do.

For the record cases are climbing yes, never said otherwise. Really climbing? Nope not seeing it in any of the charts I look at. Maybe in some regions but not across the board or anything specific we can figure out.

BuddyThomas

You're right. You shouldn't bother. Most of us are living our lives, understanding that there are still going to be bumps here and there. You want to panic about hospitalizations bumping from 10K to 11K in a 3 week period, while ICU hospitalizations have decreased, be my guest. Go lock yourself away again and waste any good years you may have left but don't expect the rest of us to do so.
Assume a lot, don't you? I'm not locking myself anywhere. I'm back in the office and I have been in Broadway theatres and restaurants five times a week for the past month. That doesn't mean that the inconvenient truths that I posted above are not true.

BuddyThomas

your assumption that I don't care. That's an assumption that is 100% and rude as all get out. Seriously read your post. You are demeaning and condescending. You are labeling me as an anti-covid person because I am being middle road and honestly I am sick to death of the labeling here. There is a lot of gray in this mess and I try to sort through it all.

So again, stop being so rude. You are 100% wrong about me and I think attacking people because of false assumptions is beyond uncool to do.
No one is being rude. No one is making an assumption. You said above that you are not concerned - several times. No one labelled you as anything so you can stop putting words in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom