Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringrinngghost

So, It appears any audio or sound we get of the overall coronavirus response will be from State and local health officials.

So in addition to the fact the CDC has hidden the testing numbers, at this rate, the state health offices are more trustworthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, It appears any audio or sound we get of the overall coronavirus response will be from State and local health officials. The White House isn’t permitting video or audio to be taken during their briefings.

So in addition to the fact the CDC has hidden the testing numbers, at this rate, the state health offices are more trustworthy.
This pathetic display of lack of leadership is a good thing...in the long run. I promise

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Wiping down the tray and headrest is something I have done for years. As for hands on your faces, I am trying but boy is that hard. I rub my eyes all the time but I am washing my hands all the time now.
You're not alone...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
CDC releases guidance for mass gatherings. Wonder how this could impact stuff at WDW or DLR...
The other day, in a post on another thread (or maybe this one) I held out the CDC as an example of an authoritative source.

Their performance in this debacle has given me pause to re-think that classification...

esskay

Not WDW but now coronavirus is in Orange County CA
If we're being truthful - its already in WDW and has been for some time.

Playlist live has also been on this week. Thousands of people from around the world (in addition to the already thousands from around the world at WDW already), all hanging out in a big convention hall then popping over to the parks.

Lilofan

A 3rd case of coronavirus awaiting confirmation in Florida. The 2nd case was a young woman who returned to FL after spending time in Italy. The 3rd case is the roommate living in the home who did not travel. In regards to a confirmed case in NY, a NYC lawyer is confirmed to have the coronavirus after he went to the doctor having symptoms, exposed his kid who went to school, now the school is closed and the NYC lawyer recently spent time in Miami and authorities are trying to retrace his steps in FL.
The NYC lawyer's condition after contacting the coronavirus is now critical. Hopefully he pulls through.

planfred

I think there is a fine balance to have with this.

I have a huge vacation planned there between April and June this year, and we are not planning on changing anything.

Sure we can be extra vigilant, but realistically speaking how effective is to to try and watertight yourself against an invisible invader? Keep yourself healthy, eat well, drink well , and let your body do the rest. Without a vaccine there are not alot of other options, apart from self isolating.

The only concern I have is if the parks close temporarily to try and minimize the impact.

DisneyCane

Wiping down the tray and headrest is something I have done for years. As for hands on your faces, I am trying but boy is that hard. I rub my eyes all the time but I am washing my hands all the time now.
My wife always told me to hurry up when I wiped everything down on the plane because I was embarrassing her. Now I'm far from the only one doing it and she now encourages me.

Years ago I'd get a cold almost every time after taking a flight. Since I started doing that I almost never do. I also always point the vent at my face so I'm breathing as much filtered air as possible.

I am also addicted to hand sanitizer. I've got some level of OCD that leads to all this but I don't seem so crazy anymore!

montyz81

I have a huge vacation planned there between April and June this year, and we are not planning on changing anything.

Sure we can be extra vigilant, but realistically speaking how effective is to to try and watertight yourself against an invisible invader? Keep yourself healthy, eat well, drink well , and let your body do the rest. Without a vaccine there are not alot of other options, apart from self isolating.

The only concern I have is if the parks close temporarily to try and minimize the impact.
I too am only worried about the parks closing. I have a trip planned for the crossover week from April to May. What is actually going to close the parks is the fearmongering going on right now, not the virus itself. I guarantee that the reason Disney closes both parks will be due to pressure from legislators.
But some good news coming out of China says new cases are actually dwindling. I just wish that this report was the first thing you see instead of how many deaths it has caused so far.

Lilofan

I too am only worried about the parks closing. I have a trip planned for the crossover week from April to May. What is actually going to close the parks is the fearmongering going on right now, not the virus itself. I guarantee that the reason Disney closes both parks will be due to pressure from legislators.
But some good news coming out of China says new cases are actually dwindling. I just wish that this report was the first thing you see instead of how many deaths it has caused so far.
If there is an outbreak in the parks which I hope does not happen, the reality is that the Orlando health facilities will be overwhelmed beyond belief.

Lirael

I think news from China at this point doesn't really mean much. Right now China is contained and no longer going around spreading to other places - that's been done. That and China needed to enforce draconian methods to quarantine the spread. The fact that China is dwindling doesn't mean the virus is losing steam and dying out, just that they've finally managed to stop it from spreading so easily. But it's now out in the world, so we need to watch the spread in countries that haven't had travel banned from and with large numbers.

Edit: I'm not saying to panic and go hide in a bunker

esskay

Same - out there for 2 weeks in may and have no intention of cancelling my trip.

Best thing you can do is get on that plane, wipe everything down, turn the airvent ON above your head on full blast and deal with it.

(common misconception that the air vent on planes is dirty air being recirculated, its not, it runs through a HEPA filter)

Incomudro

Here's the way I look at things:
Am I, or my family members likely to die from something that has killed a handful of people in this country?
No.
The car ride to and from the airport is far more dangerous.
Of all the things that might take me out, I am going to state right here and right now - coronavirus won't be the one.

matt9112

Yep with you on that one, I avoid ice anywhere having previously worked in a place that had mold growing inside the machine - in most places its a sealed metal box, nobody has a clue how nasty it is inside.

I know....i do it for a living who wants photos to make you throw up and we can play guess the central florida restaurant? Im kidding...but yeah ice is a food product and ice machine upkeep is one of the most overlooked things out there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I know....i do it for a living who wants photos to make you throw up and we can play guess the central florida restaurant? Im kidding...but yeah ice is a food product and ice machine upkeep is one of the most overlooked things out there.
I've watched enough Restaurant Impossible to believe this...

Incomudro

I'm actually hoping that WDW stays open when we go in April (it better be open) - but that huge portions of potential park goers are afraid to go, and the parks are comparatively empty.
That'd be awesome.
And sarcasm aside, I'm not worried about myself, wife, or healthy 18 year old sons.
But if my sons were toddlers, or stroller age (we waited 'till they were beyond stroller age for their first WDW trip, but that's beside the point) then - no, I wouldn't bring them at the present time.
I wouldn't bring an elderly relative either.

thomas998

My wife always told me to hurry up when I wiped everything down on the plane because I was embarrassing her. Now I'm far from the only one doing it and she now encourages me.

Years ago I'd get a cold almost every time after taking a flight. Since I started doing that I almost never do. I also always point the vent at my face so I'm breathing as much filtered air as possible.

I am also addicted to hand sanitizer. I've got some level of OCD that leads to all this but I don't seem so crazy anymore!
You should also make sure to drink as much water as possible. A dried out nasal passage is a very attractive pathway to your system by any virus. If you are lucky and have enough moisture in your nose some of the airborne nasties will get caught in the snot and not be able to take you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom