Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

hope you have a great trip

gotta be honest, the indoor masking is a big relief to me since it forces the unvax’d to comply

we had canceled most of our indoor dining reservations but may change our minds with this news

this is our first trip since Mar 2019 so even hanging by the pool will feel great.
My wife just got off the phone with a client that had no dinner reservations because of the no mask indoor policy.. now they want to make a few like you just said. I was actually reading your post as she was talking about it on the phone. Weird.🙂

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
That will not happen. Nor should it.
And then this pandemic will continue rampage as virus will quickly changes into mutating to ending current vaccines by Fall and Winter. It will make people so mad about masks will staying forever as social distancing too. I can't this happen as we will use vaccine mandate for people getting vaccinating or the people will have to learn to get vaccinated from the doctors as possible therapists too.

Chi84

Premium Member
3 weeks for me. On the bright side now that everyone will be wearing masks indoors again you will be less likely to get infected than if they were not….of course I’d still prefer a month ago when cases were low without masks.
Disney is now stating explicitly on its website that it will make adjustments to its health policies based on changing trends and regulatory guidance and that they can be changed at any time without notice. I think this is an indication that changes will be made quickly and should put to rest any complaints from people who say they made a decision to visit in reliance on any specific measures. Hopefully things will improve quickly and WDW will react just as quickly.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
3 weeks for me. On the bright side now that everyone will be wearing masks indoors again you will be less likely to get infected than if they were not….of course I’d still prefer a month ago when cases were low without masks.
I’ll be there second half of September. We will see by then. Not holding my breath.

Archie123

There will be "Karens" testing the policy of masking up indoors at WDW. These guests should get ready to be filmed by fellow guests regarding their childish behavior.

Funny how it seems that most Karens filmed these days are the crazy nutjobs who get triggered about wearing masks.

DisneyDebRob

Disney is now stating explicitly on its website that it will make adjustments to its health policies based on changing trends and regulatory guidance and that they can be changed at any time without notice. I think this is an indication that changes will be made quickly and should put to rest any complaints from people who say they made a decision to visit in reliance on any specific measures. Hopefully things will improve quickly and WDW will react just as quickly.
I may be wrong here but I thought they had those notices posted on the site for awhile now. In fact I remember talk here about it like 6-7 months ago? Or I could have just dreamt it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I may be wrong here but I thought they had those notices posted on the site for awhile now. In fact I remember talk here about it like 6-7 months ago? Or I could have just dreamt it.

This one is new as of tonight -

"As we have done since reopening, we’ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to our COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and regulatory guidance, Walt Disney World Resort will be making adjustments to these measures, which may continue to change at any time without notice."

DisneyDebRob

This one is new as of tonight -

"As we have done since reopening, we’ve been very intentional and gradual in our approach to our COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and regulatory guidance, Walt Disney World Resort will be making adjustments to these measures, which may continue to change at any time without notice."
A few changes to their prior notice. I see that now. Thanks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
hope you have a great trip

gotta be honest, the indoor masking is a big relief to me since it forces the unvax’d to comply

we had canceled most of our indoor dining reservations but may change our minds with this news

this is our first trip since Mar 2019 so even hanging by the pool will feel great.
You too.

Full disclosure, I’m not too broken up over the change. My unvaccinated son was going to be wearing a mask anywhere indoors anyway even before cases went up and my wife said she was going to wear hers too so he wasn’t doing it alone. After 19 years of marriage I have learned that means I was going to be wearing a mask too ;););) I want to make it to 20 years:). Now the decision is out of my hands. One of you has to tell my 14 year old though. He was so happy to be vaccinated since he didn’t have to wear the mask anymore in public.

correcaminos

Even with this Delta surge I personally feel fairly safe since I am fully vaccinated and had Covid-19 (assuming Delta) in mid June. Being part of Pfizer Phase 3 trial they give you a swab kit.( lost mine, they overnighted me another which a courier picked up six days into the moderate covid19 . So after that I had no swab kit. But I doubt I will ever need one again….

But they did decide tio send me another kit just in case during the study I do get it again ( or get something else that has covid like symptoms).
I tossed my old one when I joined the new. Was that same study number? Totally curious.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ll be there second half of September. We will see by then. Not holding my breath.
This thing will peak in a week or 2 and start on the downward trajectory. I have no actual evidence to support that but it’s possible. The 3 month arc says back to normal by mid to end of Sept. You could be cutting it close.

chrisvee

You too.

Full disclosure, I’m not too broken up over the change. My unvaccinated son was going to be wearing a mask anywhere indoors anyway even before cases went up and my wife said she was going to wear hers too so he wasn’t doing it alone. After 19 years of marriage I have learned that means I was going to be wearing a mask too ;););) I want to make it to 20 years:). Now the decision is out of my hands. One of you has to tell my 14 year old though. He was so happy to be vaccinated since he didn’t have to wear the mask anymore in public.
it’s going to be miserably hot no getting around it

we’re DVC and generally avoid the summer due to heat and crowds but got a use it or lose it situation

we’ll hope for better in nov and dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom