Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

If somebody is so ignorant that they would discriminate against somebody because of a disease name, there really is little hope for them as a person.

I’m with the WHO on this. They changed their guidelines for a reason, and their argument for doing so is very compelling to me. I don’t believe we have anything at all to gain by calling it the Wuhan virus or Chinese virus.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Of course they don't have the letter posted for context of the statement. That has to be projected with no measures in place. If, with all these extreme containment measures in place, 56% still get infected over 8 weeks then there really is no point to all of this.

Here is the letter

ETgHPU3U4AApNN5.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was in H&R Block today and they were discussing this. Tax preparers are not considered essential businesses, but the IRS still hasn't pushed back the filing deadline.
They are allowing 90 extra days to make any payment owed but you still have to file by April 15. People can file an extension which is just a one page form and extends your due date to October 15. Normally with an extension your payment is still due April 15 so if you expect to owe you still need to pay an estimate but with the 90 day payment extension now too it’s possible to just file and pay by July 15 with no penalty or interest. You do need to file the 1 page extension form but that can be done online from the IRS site so no need to visit your tax guy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of course they don't have the letter posted for context of the statement. That has to be projected with no measures in place. If, with all these extreme containment measures in place, 56% still get infected over 8 weeks then there really is no point to all of this.
This is just a ing contest because the Military is sending a hospital ship up to Seattle area and they want that ship to go to LA instead. May be inflated to make the need seem more dire. I‘m sure Washington state also did the same.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So on the one hand these guys are telling everyone not to panic and then they post these apocalyptic numbers which will make people panic. Makes perfect sense.
I’m sure they really want that hospital ship. I also suspect they know those numbers are a worse case scenario. Every state is going to be turning to the federal government for help. There’s only so many hospital ships to go around.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Just to clarify, I know it is not a whole lot better, but was it laid off or furlough? And are you saying Drawn to Life was spared?

"Midday Thursday, Cirque CEO Daniel Lamarre announced to staff that the company is laying off 95 per cent of its employees. The Cirque will lay off 4,679 employees, keeping just 259 staffers to maintain basic operations and continue tour planning and ticket sales for shows scheduled for later this year and in 2021. The Cirque will prepare for rehiring if and when productions are allowed to return to the stage."

ImperfectPixie

But there is a suggestion that Burr & his family/trusts made financial transactions that sold stock potentially based upon his analysis that the virus was so severe the market would tank and particular sectors would be hardest hit. Given his position on the Senate Intel Cttee, this will have to be looked at as potential insider trading breaches if Congressional briefings he was given in advance of the crisis prompted the stock transactions. But again, this is something to be addressed after the crisis has been dealt with, not now. Just don't forget it.
I really hope investigations happen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure if it’s been posted OR how true it is BUT a contractor heard from his project manager that Tokyo and Shanghai are set to open officially very soon.
I’m hoping this will create revenue for retaining employees here and in Paris (if it’s true)
Shanghai started phased opening 10 days ago. Not the park itself but shopping district and hotel. Here’s the official word:

Shanghai Disneyland Remains Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel Re-open with Limited Operations - March 20, 2020

Shanghai Disneyland remains closed as we continue to closely monitor health and safety conditions and follow the direction of government regulators. However, as the first step of a phased reopening, Shanghai Disney Resort will partially resume operations on March 9, 2020 with a limited number of shopping, dining, and recreational experiences available in Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. Each of these resort locations will operate under limited capacity and reduced hours of operation. The Disney Car and Coach Park and the Disneytown Parking Lot will also reopen.

The resort will provide an extensive range of measures, designed to ensure a safe and healthy experience for all guests, Cast Members and Disneytown tenant employees, including strict and comprehensive approaches on sanitization, disinfection and cleanliness. In accordance with relevant regulations, every guest entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to undergo temperature screening procedures and present their Shanghai QR Code. Only guests with a green Shanghai QR Code will be allowed to enter the resort. Guests must wear a mask during their entire visit (except when dining), and will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants.

Please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort official website and app for the operation hours of Disneytown and Wishing Star Park.

durangojim

So some of you might be familiar with me. I expect many are not. I’m a family doc in Michigan and have been a member of this community for 15 years. I’m an owner of many primary care clinics in my state and we decided to close our offices to patients on Monday to help contain the spread. We’re doing all virtual visits now. We’ve done everything right and have been “ahead of the curve”. For the past couple of days my wife has developed progressively worsening symptoms of covid 19. She is unable to be tested because she does not meet criteria but was told to self quarantine. This evening I started coming down with symptoms. We have two children, one a tween with type 1 diabetes and a full blown teenager, both of whom are wonderful. We followed all guidelines and I bought n95 respirators for all of us a month ago because of my daughter. We expect the best outcomes and my hope is in 2 weeks I can post here and say we are all heathy and immune now. I’m posting this because this is no joke. I pray for our health and the health of all my patients and all of you. Hopefully in three months we can all celebrate the major discounts Disney is offering and how ROTR is super easy to get a boarding pass. God Bless all of you and my family.

Last edited:

Brian

So some of you might be familiar with me. I expect many are not. I’m a family doc in Michigan and have been a member of this community for 15 years. I’m an owner of many primary care clinics in my state and we decided to close our offices to patients on Monday to help contain the spread. We’re doing all virtual visits now. We’ve done everything right and have been “ahead of the curve”. For the past couple of days my wife has developed progressively worsening symptoms of covid 19. She is unable to be tested because she does not meet criteria but was told to self quarantine. This evening I started coming down with symptoms. We have two children, one a tween with type 1 diabetes and a full blown teenager, both of whom are wonderful. We followed all guidelines and I bought n95 respirators for all of us a month ago because of my daughter. We expect the best outcomes and my hope is in 2 weeks I can post here and say were all heathy and immune now. I’m posting this because this is no joke. I pray for our health and the health of all my patients and all of you. Hopefully in three months we can all celebrate the major discounts Disney is offering and how ROTR is super easy to get a boarding pass. God Bless all of you and my family.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Jumpr71

So some of you might be familiar with me. I expect many are not. I’m a family doc in Michigan and have been a member of this community for 15 years. I’m an owner of many primary care clinics in my state and we decided to close our offices to patients on Monday to help contain the spread. We’re doing all virtual visits now. We’ve done everything right and have been “ahead of the curve”. For the past couple of days my wife has developed progressively worsening symptoms of covid 19. She is unable to be tested because she does not meet criteria but was told to self quarantine. This evening I started coming down with symptoms. We have two children, one a tween with type 1 diabetes and a full blown teenager, both of whom are wonderful. We followed all guidelines and I bought n95 respirators for all of us a month ago because of my daughter. We expect the best outcomes and my hope is in 2 weeks I can post here and say were all heathy and immune now. I’m posting this because this is no joke. I pray for our health and the health of all my patients and all of you. Hopefully in three months we can all celebrate the major discounts Disney is offering and how ROTR is super easy to get a boarding pass. God Bless all of you and my family.
I sincerely hope I read a positive update from you in the near future Doc.

Josh Hendy

Privileged get the head start, sold their stocks in time....greed over alerting the public.
Wow thanks for sharing. Don't have the facts on hand but I believe I heard, US Congress considers themselves exempt from insider trading laws. Would still like to see this guy's constituents launch a class action though. And to keep a WDW focus ... one word ... Iger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom