Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disstevefan1

In reference to our discussion on when to roll back Covid restrictions, President-elect Biden says he will ask the nation to wear masks for 100 days after he takes office. He specifically states, not forever - just 100 days. That puts us at May 1st. It’s his belief that universal masking in conjunction with the start of the vaccination process will drive down the number of cases significantly if everyone gets on board.

I don’t think this means there will be no masks anywhere as of May 1 or that a place like WDW will definitely remove that restriction by that time, but it gives you some idea as to what the new administration is thinking.

I was thinking about this - this 100 day mask thing may work!
Here is my thinking -
Joey says please wear masks for 100 days.
Mainstream media immediately supports him as they are on his team.
All the big money that fixed the election got Joey into the White House immediately supports him as they are on his team.
All Hollywood celebrities immediately supports him as they are on his team.
Google, Twitter, Facebook immediately supports him as they are on his team.

Any one that resists can be immediately cancelled by all of the above!
This may just work!

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Isn’t it also possible that Trump was just that bad? He was intentionally nasty in his public speaking and went out of his way to provoke the other side. Many people who disagreed with George W Bush’s politics still supported him completely through 9/11. His approval rating came close to 90%. They didn’t support his other policies, but got behind him when we faced a national security crisis. Protesting vaccines to spite someone politically makes no sense.
What was his approval rating when he left office? 15-20%. Looking back do people really agree with him getting us into a 20 year war. He's not well liked by his own party. The media seems to like him now since he's became chummy with his globalist buddies Clinton and Obama. I think your delusional if you think more than 40-50% of the people are going to get behind Biden. Covid is only one issue and it will eventually run it's course and end anyway.

Jrb1979

All business around my part of the world require masks and have for months. It doesn't seem to be helping. I'm not really sure what a 100 day mask requirement is going to change.,
I know everyone says masks don't work but they do. The reason for the high cases is cause majority is due to spread at home. Studies have shown 80% is from being spread at home. As an example 100 people have Covid, so for every 20 people that pick it up in public they spread to 80 at home where masks aren't worn and people spend more then 15 minutes with others.

Miss Bella

I know everyone says masks don't work but they do. The reason for the high cases is cause majority is due to spread at home. Studies have shown 80% is from being spread at home. As an example 100 people have Covid, so for every 20 people that pick it up in public they spread to 80 at home where masks aren't worn and people spend more then 15 minutes with others.
Are you saying they should mandate mask wearing in your own home? LOL.

Miss Bella

Because it goes with her narrative. This is the person who said they'd gladly head to Disney without following the 14-day quarantine recommendations back in the day. Because recommendations don't help, you know, yet full-on requirements would be anti-American.
There has never been a 14 day quarantine in my state. Not sure what your talking about there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom