Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here is another interesting tidbit has he added any states that do have high numbers going right now? Such as TX? NC?SC? Just to name a few.
No. That’s what makes it even more of a joke. The obvious problem is if they make it data and fact based he would capture 15 to 20 states and none would be NY/NJ/CT. Devastating for tourism.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Even a capped attendance can infect thousands of people. Add that to the fact that cast members won't be tested upon entering the park (did they not pay attention to what's going on at WWE right now?), and you have a disaster even in the strictest of rules.
Any word on if thousands have been infected at Universal? Just to be fair, you are talking about a scenario that is unlikely. Watching the live stream today gave me a little more confidence in the parks. Everyone was wearing a mask and it appeared all were following social distancing requirements as well. CM's that were guest facing had face shields in addition to face masks. Additional measures were taken as well.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No. That’s what makes it even more of a joke. The obvious problem is if they make it data and fact based he would capture 15 to 20 states and none would be NY/NJ/CT. Devastating for tourism.
The state of emergency absolutely needed to be extended. Are you sure the reporting is right in the tri-State piece? I have only been able to find this specific mention on Disney fan sites. Lol

milordsloth

Even a capped attendance can infect thousands of people. Add that to the fact that cast members won't be tested upon entering the park (did they not pay attention to what's going on at WWE right now?), and you have a disaster even in the strictest of rules.

I feel like you're a little late to the party with these arguments... anyways the response from @TJ Vazquez above sums up my opinion as well.

Mickey Pride

Any word on if thousands have been infected at Universal? Just to be fair, you are talking about a scenario that is unlikely. Watching the live stream today gave me a little more confidence in the parks. Everyone was wearing a mask and it appeared all were following social distancing requirements as well. CM's that were guest facing had face shields in addition to face masks. Additional measures were taken as well.
I agree that Disney seems to be pulling out all the stops to keep the parks as safe as possible. To be fair though the guests in the parks today were CM's and the family members of CM's so they were obviously going to follow the rules. The big test will be coming in a few days when the parks will be a lot more crowded. I, as you from what I saw from the photos and videos have been pleased at the measured Disney has taken and hope that they can withstand the larger crowds and those guests that will not be following the rules because it will happen.

DisneyDebRob

Not so fast with the confidence.
This was happening with basically no one in the park?
24D28162-A1C5-4E59-8A34-337F882AE6C2.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's becoming a game amongst the governors. Glad I canceled back in May because I would have had to quarantine.
You canceled in May or you were going in May? Just curious

This scenario didn’t have to be how it’s now playing...

1. The Florida Quarantine in March/April wasn’t unreasonable. They didn’t enforce it...and if should have included Pennsylvania and Massachusetts...maybe Illinois and Michigan...but it wasn’t insane.
2. The tristate quarantine made sense...because it identified upward number trends and/or explosive numbers - such as Florida.
3. This extension by Florida...makes no sense.
4. They can amend it and look better politically.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The state of emergency absolutely needed to be extended. Are you sure the reporting is right in the tri-State piece? I have only been able to find this specific mention on Disney fan sites. Lol
This is from the original executive order on the travel ban:

Section 2. This Executive Order shall expire upon the expiration of Executive Order 20- 52, including any extensions, or upon an Executive Order lifting the isolation or quarantine after advice from the State Health Officer and Surgeon General.

Executive Order 20-52 was the original state of emergency declaration which was extended 60 days. The travel ban is still in effect unless an executive order is issued lifting it.

DisneyDebRob

I didn't say it will be perfect, my confidence was lifted today. This is 1 photo, while not ideal, they are wearing masks. Again, this will certainly happen at the parks.
I also watched much of the livestream and thought it went well for what was being shown. It was a small snapshot of the day. You can’t overlook one picture as you say though with the low crowds. If it happened once we can be sure it happened many times. They need to sort this out especially with bigger crowds coming. If we want it safe it can’t just be dismissed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This is from the original executive order on the travel ban:

Section 2. This Executive Order shall expire upon the expiration of Executive Order 20- 52, including any extensions, or upon an Executive Order lifting the isolation or quarantine after advice from the State Health Officer and Surgeon General.

Executive Order 20-52 was the original state of emergency declaration which was extended 60 days. The travel ban is still in effect unless an executive order is issues lifting it.

Weird. Maybe they will make an amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom