Coronado vs. Port Orleans Riverside

ajmanns

We are planning a late November Disney trip, and we are debating between staying at the Coronado or the Port Orleans Riverside. Any opinions? We want to stay in the moderately priced hotels, which limits us. So, any opinions??

ajmanns

Original Poster
Sounds wonderful! With friends and family, it will indeed be magical! 7 days is the way to go... we wouldn't go for any shorter. Our kids were 9 and 13.... and they beg to go back again on a Disney Cruise. Our server at our meals was from Slovakia, and he was the BEST! Our kids still talk about "Thomas" from the cruise... he treated us like we were the only ones on the ship! It's things like that, the servers, the little touches that Disney has that make it so magical.

I think this may be the last time we can get down to Disney with my daughter (she will be a sophmore in high school in the fall when we go) but our kids love Disney so much that it may not be the last! Last night she told me she wants to get married in Disney World, or at least honeymoon there! I hope she finds some one who feels the same way! I could handle that!

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

Originally posted by Daannzzz
I just got back from a stay at POR and was in the mansion home section which I wasn't sure I would like but I loved it. It feels more like you have gone to a certain place and time than any of the other moderates.

I so agree! I've stayed at CS, POR, CB & POR gets my vote.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Another vote for Port Orleans here...we've stayed there many times, and always loved it. The resort is beautiful, the walkways are tranquil in the early morning and late evening - you really feel as though you're in a world apart. It's conveniently located, though, so you're never far from the action, either by Disney bus or your own car. AND - it's true, the quality of the food court impacts your vacation greatly! The Port Orleans food court is terrific.

Have a great time!:)

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Ajmanns

I have to tell you don't think it's your last trip with the kids. I thought that also when my son became a teen. He acted funny one year at Disney and said that would be it for him, he was getting tired of it. Well, needless to say, when we started planning another trip without him, he was insulted!!! He said "I was just going through a stage and you KNOW I want to go. Since then my kids are now 22 and 27 and they still both go with us, you just don't get rid of Disney kids that fast!!! We love it though!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom