Coronado Springs

jlsHouston

What @slappy magoo said, except I have never stayed at either of the Port Orlean resorts, just CBR and CSR. Also I have visited POR and POFQ and their lobby was like a zoo and the food court too. The grounds are pretty though. IMO CSR is a great value under current pricing. Very nice theme pool and pool bar and play area for kids. Nice rooms...kind of feel the same size as an AKL or WL room but I know it is smaller. Beautiful resort. Peaceful, quiet. Nice gym and and you can get a massage too. Good food options. I think they have a bakery too. I really enjoyed our stay there in 2012 and I am looking forward to staying there again for memorial day weekend.

WoodyNBuzz

Staying there for the first time 12/18-12/23/14. We've stayed at both PO resorts and while POFQ may be my fave, I'm excited to try CSR. We initially booked CBR and changed that reservation after a day. Don't think you'll have any regrets!! Enjoy the time at The World!!

brokedad

Hi All!

Just looking for thoughts on Coronado Springs in the SLIGHT chance this whole FD thing happens and our current resort is locked out and we have to move. We have stayed at CBR before and the only thing I didn't care for was the fact that it was SO spread out, and we were in a Pirate Room which was great, but all the way in the back. So, I'm exploring options just in case. I've never even given CS a thought, so tell me what YOU think!
We stayed last Saturday night, request a cabana room, either 8 a or 8b, they are close to the main pool and the lobby area and bus stop.The theming is also great, it's not filled with cartoons, the decor is very nice, I just didn't care for the pepper market. It was way under staffed and slow, so we just ate elsewhere.

Dafid Duck

Staying there for the first time 12/18-12/23/14. We've stayed at both PO resorts and while POFQ may be my fave, I'm excited to try CSR. We initially booked CBR and changed that reservation after a day. Don't think you'll have any regrets!! Enjoy the time at The World!!

We are staying there that same time 12/19 - 12/26. We were disappointed neither of the PO resorts were available for free dining, but we are looking forward to staying at CS. Between CBR and CS there was only one clear choice.

WoodyNBuzz

Absolutely agree on clear choice...DW and I have 4 kids, DS 10, DD 5, DS 2 and DS 9 months at the time of our trip and the larger beds were the deal maker for me in regards to CSR.

dopeylover

Original Poster
I too am wondering if RIverside will have the FD in September. Made reservations in March. I can't decide whether to do CB or CS?..... I really like CB!better theme wise except pirate room and nemo is that all they have? Then I am not crazy about SW theme but maybe better choice. help me decide. We do need room close to bus stop and main building..

Just an update I had to make a call to move some client reservations around, and there is no way, even though FD is going great, that they will open it up for POR or POFQ, there is no room to do so. I begged and pleaded for info. b/c we wanted to move there so badly. :( We ended up at CB in a Pirate Room after all, we thought my DD would like it better since we have to give up a Royal Room. We would like Coronado better, but this trip is all about the kids, so we went with that.

Personally, I didn't think the walks were that long to the main building at CBR from the Pirate Rooms. I know many disagree.

dopeylover

Original Poster
Wild little kids vs drunk business men - six to one, half dozen to another.

I will miss those beignets.

Ha! I guess it depends on what kind of vacation you want to have! ;)

I'll miss the beignets, the ferry, the mansions, the Royal Room, I could go on....

UPbeekeeper

Our trip last year was our first time actually staying on property and we chose CSR. We loved it so much that when we started planning this year's trip, I couldn't convince anyone in my family to try a different resort and we are booked again. I liked how quiet the resort was and although I'm a HUGE Disney fan, as an adult, I don't want Disney over the top cartoonish decor in my face when I'm relaxing at my resort. The CM's were very nice and treated us very well. They were polite and accommodating. We stayed in Ranchos, which is a bit of a long walk to El Centro, but it's a beautiful walk. Lots of folks complain about the food at this resort, but we enjoyed it. The Pepper Market is great!

Being a family of 2 adults & 2 teens, I personally feel the resort has a more adult theme, which is the biggest pull for me. My kids were young once too, but....if I spend all day in the parks surrounded by kids, it's nice to escape to a more adult resort with less children, when I'm away from the parks.

MrDee

Being a family of 2 adults & 2 teens, I personally feel the resort has a more adult theme, which is the biggest pull for me. My kids were young once too, but....if I spend all day in the parks surrounded by kids, it's nice to escape to a more adult resort with less children, when I'm away from the parks.

Just finished my stay there last night, and I believe you're right. The first thing I noticed was how quiet everything was, and though there were children, there just weren't all that many. We went "kid-less" this time ( We have 5 ) , as it was just a short birthday stay, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife? Not so much...

As for the food--The Pepper Market was adequate, and The Maya was better than adequate. Nice atmosphere (except for the tableful of rude conventioneers seated next to us). I had the duck confit. Very nice.

dopeylover

Original Poster
Just finished my stay there last night, and I believe you're right. The first thing I noticed was how quiet everything was, and though there were children, there just weren't all that many. We went "kid-less" this time ( We have 5 ) , as it was just a short birthday stay, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife? Not so much...

As for the food--The Pepper Market was adequate, and The Maya was better than adequate. Nice atmosphere (except for the tableful of rude conventioneers seated next to us). I had the duck confit. Very nice.

Did your wife not like the resort or miss the kids? Glad you had a good time and happy birthday!!!

MrDee

Thank you. She missed the kids very much, which was part of the problem, but she didn't like the room (Casitas 5), didn't like all the convention folks, wasn't crazy bout the place in general. She did like the pool, however. I loved the place, though I did find the room a bit smaller than we're used to and a bit "stenchy" (though after the first day I never even noticed that anymore). Also, there was some sort of insect mating season going on, and the bugs were just everywhere. A small quibble, I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom