Coronado Springs??

annadseal

Hello everyone! I've been a member of the boards for a long time now, but rarely post. I usually like to just sit back and read what everyone else is saying...

But my family and I are starting to plan our trip to Disney World for next March (Mardi Gras!!) and we're seriously considering switching resorts for this trip, which we've never really done before. We used to stay at the All-Star Resorts, but since Pop Century has been around we've always stayed there. However, now that us kids are older and can help pay for the vacations, we want to move up a little in the world and are wanting opinions on the moderate resorts. I always hear wonderful things about Port Orleans, both sides, but we live in south Louisiana and don't necessarily need our hotel to look just like what we see when we're at home. I used to visit Port Orleans when I worked at Disney and loved it though, so we have not totally written it off. We're also not really interested in Caribbean Beach, unless some of you have really amazing things to say about it?

We have a friend who visits Disney often as well, and every time her family goes they stay at Coronado Springs. None of us have ever actually been to the resort at all, nor do we know anyone else who has stayed there. Just based on what we see on the Disney website we like it, but can I get some input please? What are the good things about staying here, and what are the bad? My parents are a little iffy because it's a conference center, but I worked at Yacht Club and didn't think that was so horrible...

What do y'all think? Thanks in advance! :)

Pooh'sBuddy

We're going to stay there this June. I'm not sure of your family demographics or situation, but I decided on CSR because of a few factors. I like the central location (We'll be taking the Disney transportation), the Dig Site pool (We have two sons who will be nine and seven.), the subdued yet pretty room decor, and the discount offered.

Upvote 0

annadseal

Original Poster
Thanks to you both! Sorry for the lack of info about the family - we're 5 adults: My parents, my sister and I, and my Aunt. My sister's boyfriend might be coming along as well. We were planning on two rooms. The room decor is a huge draw for us - it's not too much, but there's still that Disney touch! :)

I watched a few walking tour videos on YouTube and it does appear to be a pretty big hotel!

Upvote 0

Tinkerkell

We've stayed there twice. It's very nice--a moderate with a deluxe feel, I think. It is pretty spread out, so if that's an issue for you then you may want to look carefully at the map when you make a room request. The bus system is set up so you can hop on any park bus to get to El Centro and the DTD bus runs in the opposite direction.

The Dig Site is nice, there are good dining options, and the rooms are comfortable.

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Stayed there once. Good sized rooms, big & quiet grounds (aside from the one morning when the landscapers were outside mowing and trimming bushes @ 7:30 AM) and conveniently located in the middle of all of the parks. The negatives that I had was poor selection of resort restaurants and because its a huge property, it takes the bus forever to get everyone off and on. Even though our room was close to the front of the resort, we were the last stop and at night it seemed like forever before we got to our room. That being said, if we ever decided to stay at a moderate again, we'd probably stay here.

Upvote 0

annadseal

Original Poster
This is totally based on what I saw in the YouTube videos I watched, but it looks like the pool is pretty far from the rooms. Is this wrong? My sister and I are really looking forward to swimming, so that could definitely be a deal breaker.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

we stayed there a few years back during one of the busiest times (Thanksgiving) and had no issues!!! Its nice and we liked the pool. I would have a problem staying there again. You had mentioned you worked at YC. It cant compare to that however. Thats my favorite. Well, YC and GF. Have fun

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Looking at the map, DisneyJoe shared the link to Buzz's website - you can find the map there, Buildings 7B, 8A and 8B look relatively close to the pool and the bus stop. We'll be requesting a room in one of those. We won't spend much time going to El Centro to eat at the resort, so being far from there is fine with us.

Upvote 0

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
This is totally based on what I saw in the YouTube videos I watched, but it looks like the pool is pretty far from the rooms. Is this wrong? My sister and I are really looking forward to swimming, so that could definitely be a deal breaker.

The main pool (with the pyramid) is in the middle of the property. As it is a huge resort it is a bit of a walk depending on where your room is. There are three smaller pools situated closer to some of the rooms. Take a look at it in Google Earth and it will give you a better idea of what you'd be looking at.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

I was in Cabanas 9a and it's pretty close to the lobby and pools...Also parking and exit from the hotel area is close. Ranchos is a little bit of a walk to lobby area/pepper market in the morning...

Upvote 0

annadseal

Original Poster
Looking at the map, DisneyJoe shared the link to Buzz's website - you can find the map there, Buildings 7B, 8A and 8B look relatively close to the pool and the bus stop. We'll be requesting a room in one of those. We won't spend much time going to El Centro to eat at the resort, so being far from there is fine with us.

Nothing can compare to the Yacht & Beach for me - they'll always have a special place in my heart. :)

Thanks for the info!!

Upvote 0

annadseal

Original Poster
The main pool (with the pyramid) is in the middle of the property. As it is a huge resort it is a bit of a walk depending on where your room is. There are three smaller pools situated closer to some of the rooms. Take a look at it in Google Earth and it will give you a better idea of what you'd be looking at.

Of course there are other pools - don't know what I was thinking. And thanks for the Google Earth tip! That's already helping. :)

Upvote 0

ladydi

Love Coronado! If you are orried about the pool, request a room in cabnas or ranchos. It seems like most of the convention people stay in casitas which is closer to the hall. We ended up in ranchos. It was very peaceful but too far of a walk for my kids for us to take advantage of the pepper market. We ate most of our cs in the park.

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

I really liked the Coronado. The rooms are nice and the main pool is great. It is a big place but if you have a car that isn't a really big deal. And the pepper market was awesome, had the fajitas and it was one of my all time favorite quick service meals.

Upvote 0

Millerworld

We got married on the beach at the Poly in May '11 and stayed for 12 days at Coronado Springs. We absolutely loved Coronado. The food court was fantastic. Our daughter (7 at the time) loved the dig site pool and the size of the resort, albeit large, was no problem for any of us, as we aren't lazy and enjoy a walk. :) We are heading back this September and will be taking our son as well, who will be 15 months by that time, and staying for 11 days at Port Orleans Riverside. I have always wanted to stay at that resort and had a hard time convincing our daughter that we should try a different resort, other than Coronado! :)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

If you go with CSR, ask for a Cabana location, the dig pool is close, and it has big hot tubs too. The grounds are beautiful...maybe the prettiest and most peaceful I have experienced at WDW. Their food court was not our favorite but it was fine for coffee and a danish in the morning and then we just ate pretty much at other resorts or in the parks. The WIFI was not real consistent and was a drawback for me...since I work while we vacation:(. The hammocks on the sandy beach were great. The quiet pools were never busy. Decent size rooms and the doors closed in the dressing area which was nice for a bit of more added privacy.

Upvote 0

annadseal

Original Poster
We got married on the beach at the Poly in May '11 and stayed for 12 days at Coronado Springs. We absolutely loved Coronado. The food court was fantastic. Our daughter (7 at the time) loved the dig site pool and the size of the resort, albeit large, was no problem for any of us, as we aren't lazy and enjoy a walk. :) We are heading back this September and will be taking our son as well, who will be 15 months by that time, and staying for 11 days at Port Orleans Riverside. I have always wanted to stay at that resort and had a hard time convincing our daughter that we should try a different resort, other than Coronado! :)

We always wrote off the Port Orleans resort (both sections) because we live in Louisiana and figured we get enough of it as it is. However, my mom and I just watched some videos of Port Orleans Riverside (per a family member's suggestion) and are in LOVE. It's absolutely beautiful!!! It looks like home, but not in an annoying way...

We might be leaning towards Riverside now. :/ We're very undecided, haha!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom