Coronado Springs

Hi, I am 34 days away from our trip! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and was wondering what section is the best to stay in? What tips do you have on this resort?
Any help would be great!

jlsHouston

Hi, I am 34 days away from our trip! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort and was wondering what section is the best to stay in? What tips do you have on this resort?
Any help would be great!
I LOVED THE CSR ! We stayed here in April over easter in Cabana 8b, which I think is the most perfect location, halfway between the dig pool and the lobby where the food courts/restaurants are, next to a quiet pool, in front of the sandy beaches where the hammocks are, next to some laundry facilities and less than 5 minute walk to a bus stop!:)

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Coronado Springs is a beautiful resort!
My choice areas to stay are Casitas 1-4 or the Cabanas.
As for a tip: Get something to eat at Rix Cafe head outside by Largo Dorado and enjoy!
Laguna Bar also has a small menu as well as a beautiful view and both locations can suffice
including Siestas pool bar for your dining needs if you don't like Pepper Market or the resorts TS
option Maya Grill.

BTW if you want to see pictures or just more info on CSR check out Buzz2001's site:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
It's great for planning! :)

Upvote 0

crispy

We stayed in the Casitas and liked it. It was close to the main lobby/restaurants, close to a bus stop, had a quiet pool, and was near the fitness area. It was not extremely close to the Dig Site pool, but the walk wasn't bad.

It is a beautiful resort, the rooms are well decorated, and the main pool is fantastic for kids. My girls really enjoyed the resort activites (movie and roasted marshmallows at the pool area), and I really enjoyed the very large hot tub!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My favorite sections is Ranchos. While it is a decent distance from the lobby and food court (we rarely use them at CS) they are right next to the main pool, a quiet pool and 2 bus stops. I also love the more rustic architecture and landscaping (I am a sucker for dry creek beds, yucca and cacti)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I would say it really depends on what you're planning on doing at the resort and as you can see from the previous posts, each section has its benefits! Whichever place you "decide" please make your request it before you check-in at the resort by calling. Due to the convention style nature of the resort, it gets pre-blocked every morning so you're given a room before you arrive. It will save you (and us) lots of headaches if you request it ahead of time. Even so, due to the different groups and conventions that may be in house at CSR during your stay, some areas of the resort many not be available for leisure guests so no request is guaranteed. Don't want to be the debbie-downer, just try to give guests realistic expectations when they arrive so no one is disappointed!

BTW...come say hi to me! I'll be the short one in the lobby with the roll of mickey stickers. =)

Upvote 0

brizmom1999

Original Poster
Hi Captain Shortty, this will be our first time at this resort but my fourth stay at WDW. I like to try a new resort each time we stay and usually try and get a feel for the best area to stay in at the resort. I usually like to call a month before and request an area. I never expect them to honor my requests but delighted when they do. We were extremely lucky when we stayed at POR and got a Magnolia room right next to the pool!! They upgraded us without us asking! We were so happy since that is where my daughter and hubby spend most of their time when at the resorts. At CS I am hoping to stay as near the pool as possible(quiet one is fine) and close to a bus stop. I would like to be a little closer to the main pool b/c I have been hearing great things, but we can always walk. I just like to know the best sections.

I will definetly look for you in the lobby!! We are due to arrive on 8/26/12!

Thank you all for the feed back!!!

Upvote 0

Vader2112

I do not remeber which area it is but there is also a quiet pool as well. Rancheros was a great distance from everything. Casitas we were steps from the restaurants and lounge.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I do not remeber which area it is but there is also a quiet pool as well. Rancheros was a great distance from everything. Casitas we were steps from the restaurants and lounge.
Each area has its own quiet pool. (The Casitas quiet pool is next to the gym. Coronado is the only non-deluxe with a gym in WDW.) We've stayed in all three areas and prefer Cabanas. Casitas is furthest from the main pool, and probably furthest from a bus stop. Ranchos is furthest from the lobby and restaurants, and Cabanas is furthest from the gym.

Upvote 0

Vader2112

Each area has its own quiet pool. (The Casitas quiet pool is next to the gym. Coronado is the only non-deluxe with a gym in WDW.) We've stayed in all three areas and prefer Cabanas. Casitas is furthest from the main pool, and probably furthest from a bus stop. Ranchos is furthest from the lobby and restaurants, and Cabanas is furthest from the gym.
I did not know about the Quiet pool. Knew about Casitas being far from the Main Dig Site Pool.
Was fortunate to be upgraded to the VIP suite at Coronado for my 40th B-day.
Stayed at Rancheros last visit on Memorial Day weekend.

Upvote 0

SuprDav

We were there last May. I think we were in the Cabanas which are near the dig pool. That's all the way across the lake from El Centro but it still only takes a few minutes to walk over there. In short I don't think there's a bad location in the resort.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I did not know about the Quiet pool. Knew about Casitas being far from the Main Dig Site Pool.
Was fortunate to be upgraded to the VIP suite at Coronado for my 40th B-day.
Stayed at Rancheros last visit on Memorial Day weekend.
Nice! We lucked into an upgrade a few years ago. They evicted us from our Ranchos room after just 2 days to do some maintenance and put us in a VIP Suite in Casitas the last 5 days.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Hi Captain Shortty, this will be our first time at this resort but my fourth stay at WDW. I like to try a new resort each time we stay and usually try and get a feel for the best area to stay in at the resort. I usually like to call a month before and request an area. I never expect them to honor my requests but delighted when they do. We were extremely lucky when we stayed at POR and got a Magnolia room right next to the pool!! They upgraded us without us asking! We were so happy since that is where my daughter and hubby spend most of their time when at the resorts. At CS I am hoping to stay as near the pool as possible(quiet one is fine) and close to a bus stop. I would like to be a little closer to the main pool b/c I have been hearing great things, but we can always walk. I just like to know the best sections.

Not a problem at all!! Glad I could help!!

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

If you don't have one already, this is a great link for a map to the resort:

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/gifs/CSR_RESORT_MAP.jpg

When we were there last February we stayed in Ranchos 7B. This is on the opposite side of the lake away from the main lobby and food court, but it was right next to the Dig Site, the main pool area. There was a quiet pool in this area and a bus stop within a two minute walk of our room. It was fantastic. Although we had to walk to the main lobby area and food court, that wasn't a big deal because we got to enjoy the scenery and it was a great way to get in some excercise. Mind you, we also had a 4 year old and 1.5 year old in tow but no one ever minded.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

boopuff

We stayed at the Casitas it was very convenient to the main bus stop. The buses make a full loop around the resort and the main stop is great because you'll get a seat (the buses fill up!)

Upvote 0

ladydi

Loved CSR. We were in ranchos which was very close to the main pool but our room was perhaps the farthest from the food court so we didn't use it as much as others. When we went, the main stop by the front desk was always the last bus stop to pick up and was mobbed. Many people had to wait for the next bus to come by. I'd go with Rancho or Cabana. The casitas are quite a distance from the main pool.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Thanks for this post!

I'm checking in on 8/25 and can't wait to see the resort. I booked my room through the Disney conventions website so I'll be curious to see which village we'll end up in. :D

Upvote 0

Missymoe4

I would say it really depends on what you're planning on doing at the resort and as you can see from the previous posts, each section has its benefits! Whichever place you "decide" please make your request it before you check-in at the resort by calling. Due to the convention style nature of the resort, it gets pre-blocked every morning so you're given a room before you arrive. It will save you (and us) lots of headaches if you request it ahead of time. Even so, due to the different groups and conventions that may be in house at CSR during your stay, some areas of the resort many not be available for leisure guests so no request is guaranteed. Don't want to be the debbie-downer, just try to give guests realistic expectations when they arrive so no one is disappointed!

BTW...come say hi to me! I'll be the short one in the lobby with the roll of mickey stickers. =)

I'll be staying at CSR beginning August 1st! I'll stop by and say hello with my party of 3. It's the first time we're staying at CSR (we requested Casitas 4) and we cannot wait. It looks super fun and great for a group of 20-30 somethings traveling together.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom