Coronado Springs Update?

arielrose

Original Poster
Just got to switch from a value resort to Coronado. Woohoo for a passholder discount. We really want a refurbished room. Does anyone know what areas are done?

PrincessJasmyn

For standard rooms, only cabana 8a, rancho 7a and casita 4 are complete. The preferred buildings, casita 1, 2, and 3, are done as well. casita 5 and rancho 6a are closed and being worked on
Sorry to steal your post @arielrose - but do either of your know how likely I'd be to get a refurbished room if requested?
I would have to check in at the front desk I assume, and not online?

Thanks!

cdeev8690

If you can, request Cabanas 8A, room 8222 (I did this through Touring Plans, which faxed the request over to the resort within the days leading up to my arrival). It's the 2nd floor and has a great view for a standard room (of course, the tower being constructed is in the distance but I didn't hear anything and it really isn't that much of an eye sore) and the room itself was beautifully refurbished. This was my first time in a moderate, having only stayed at Value resorts on property, and I felt really spoiled.

I don't have any photos of the interior, there are plenty available online anyways, but I'll update this post with a photo I took of the view from my front door

MickeyMomV

We were there over spring break and stayed in Casitas 1 and got to enjoy a remodeled room (preferred room). They are really nice but not much theming. While we were there Casitas 4 and maybe 5 were undergoing the remodel. On the last day (04/06) they had a couple of semi's in the parking lot and were unloading pallets of new furniture. I have to think they should be done really soon if they are not done already.

MickeyMomV

Thats a shame, I wont be arriving until about midnight! Maybe ill give them a call and upgrade my room so im guarenteed!
I would recommend calling and requesting a building or paying for a preferred room. We did late arrival about 2 years ago and got placed in the very back and top floor of Rancho 7A. The walk to El Centro was soooooo long!!

arielrose

Original Poster
Just thought I'd update everyone. Our plane wasn't going to land until 6 so I was worried we wouldn't get a refurbished room. Well around 1:15 we got a text saying our room was ready. I called to check if it was refurbished and it wasn't. The lady got us moved into a refurbished room. It only took about an hour for us to get another text saying our new room was ready!

PrincessJasmyn

I would recommend calling and requesting a building or paying for a preferred room. We did late arrival about 2 years ago and got placed in the very back and top floor of Rancho 7A. The walk to El Centro was soooooo long!!
Do you know if my travel agent will need to be the one to change my booking to a preferred room? it is already showing in my disney experience - does that mean i can call and move my rooms?

Its so hard doing it all from australia!

Much-Pixie-Dust

Thats a shame, I wont be arriving until about midnight! Maybe ill give them a call and upgrade my room so im guarenteed!
I went at President’s Day week when it was sold out. No AP, arrived at midnight and got a refurbished room in the area I requested over the phone when booking. I think it’s just luck of the draw.

I went just a few weeks ago for a quick 3 day trip. We had a preferred room in Casita 3 and it was re-furbed and beautiful! The construction really didn't mind us at all, we never heard any of it, even during the day. The worst of it is looking at the crane and unfinished tower. They are building an additional bridge across the lake, which will be awesome if you are staying close to the main house and want to go to the feature pool and vice versa. On our last day there we saw the largest impact of construction because they were moving a crane and so we had to walk all the way through the convention side to get to the temporary bus stop. This really slowed down the buses coming, but again, it wasn't a deal breaker. The resort itself is so beautiful and peaceful. I can't wait to stay there again!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, we just got back from a trip where we stayed in Casita 5, and the room we were in was done. And it was nice. Nicely done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom