Coronado Springs - Standard View

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Hi all, it is almost time to make my first trip staying at Coronado Springs. I have looked up pictures and all that good stuff, and am looking forward to staying there (it is a lot different than the other ones I stayed at from the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, to Pop Century). I just have a few simple questions about the standard view room.

1. Does each room have its own balcony or are they shared?

2. Do you get in the room from an outside hallway or is it an indoor hallway?

3. We requested a floor off the ground floor in I think the Ranchos buildings, if that helps answer the above questions.

This really isn't a huge deal, but we were just wondering about it last night so I figured the easiest way to find out other than calling Disney would be to ask on here. And if you have any other thoughts/opinions on the resort or these specific set of buildings, feel free to add that, I'm in the hyping up mode right now.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Sorry, no balconies at CSR.
Just a long walkway for each block of rooms
Rooms are outside entry.
That said, we've enjoyed our stays there.
Are the entrances to the rooms on the same side as the walkway? I mean, it's not a huge deal, but we have all the big plans figured out and scheduled, so now we are just thinking about little things like this. I looked it up and I can only seem to find interior photos of the standard view rooms, which is kind of defeating the point when looking up the standard view.

NormC

I love that resort. We stayed there for a Field Hockey tournament and we loved it. Normally we stay at our DVC resorts but on this trip we had to stay with the rest of the teams.

DisneyJoe

Are the entrances to the rooms on the same side as the walkway? I mean, it's not a huge deal, but we have all the big plans figured out and scheduled, so now we are just thinking about little things like this. I looked it up and I can only seem to find interior photos of the standard view rooms, which is kind of defeating the point when looking up the standard view.
Are you asking if all rooms face the walkway that encircles the lake? No, some will be on the parking lot side or face a garden or pool. My most recent stay in a standard room was on the parking lot side.

Bairstow

Yes, the windows and door both will face out towards the exterior perimeter hallway.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Are you asking if all rooms face the walkway that encircles the lake? No, some will be on the parking lot side or face a garden or pool. My most recent stay in a standard room was on the parking lot side.

Hopefully we won't get the parking lot view, we actually put in room requests several months ago to try to get a view of pretty much anything but the parking lot. And what I meant but wasn't sure how to word was I saw a video of a room that showed two big glass doors that went out onto a hallway/balcony type thing, but I was curious where the actual door to the room went out to.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Yes, the windows and door both will face out towards the exterior perimeter hallway.

Thanks, I wasn't sure of that. Seems similar to Pop in that regard. Definitely looking forward to staying there, the resort area looks huge and it all looks really nice. Just hoping to not get a parking lot view, which we did request to not have, so hopefully that room request follows through.

Bairstow

Thanks, I wasn't sure of that. Seems similar to Pop in that regard. Definitely looking forward to staying there, the resort area looks huge and it all looks really nice. Just hoping to not get a parking lot view, which we did request to not have, so hopefully that room request follows through.

Even the parking lot views are kind of nice. Lots of trees there and the resort is super quiet in the Ranchos section. We were there for almost a week and I never saw anyone but us in our quiet pool.

disney-s-coronado-springs.jpg

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Even the parking lot views are kind of nice. Lots of trees there and the resort is super quiet in the Ranchos section. We were there for almost a week and I never saw anyone but us in our quiet pool.

disney-s-coronado-springs.jpg
That sounds really nice. My big complaint with staying at Wilderness Lodge is if you get a view of the main pool, which is a great view, all you hear are the workers on their mega phones and loud music for whatever activities they have going on. I basically act like an old man and just want to chill when I'm back at the resort.

CaptainAmerica

Hopefully we won't get the parking lot view, we actually put in room requests several months ago to try to get a view of pretty much anything but the parking lot. And what I meant but wasn't sure how to word was I saw a video of a room that showed two big glass doors that went out onto a hallway/balcony type thing, but I was curious where the actual door to the room went out to.
I'm not sure what video you saw, but I can't think of anything at CSR that I'd describe as "two big glass doors." The only door in and out of your room is the main one. It's not made of glass, and it opens to an exterior hallway, not a balcony.

HI366656176.jpg

That white door on the left is the only one, and leads to a hallway like this:

Casitas-Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Those aren't balconies, though they kind of look like it. They're all connected behind the pillars as long hallways, the only way in and out of the rooms.

And if you booked Standard View, it's unlikely you'll get anything other than a parking lot.

That sounds really nice. My big complaint with staying at Wilderness Lodge is if you get a view of the main pool, which is a great view, all you hear are the workers on their mega phones and loud music for whatever activities they have going on. I basically act like an old man and just want to chill when I'm back at the resort.
Agreed. I HATE pool view. I wouldn't take it even as a free "upgrade," and I definitely don't understand people who pay extra for it.

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
I'm not sure what video you saw, but I can't think of anything at CSR that I'd describe as "two big glass doors." The only door in and out of your room is the main one. It's not made of glass, and it opens to an exterior hallway, not a balcony.

HI366656176.jpg

That white door on the left is the only one, and leads to a hallway like this:

Casitas-Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Those aren't balconies, though they kind of look like it. They're all connected behind the pillars as long hallways, the only way in and out of the rooms.

And if you booked Standard View, it's unlikely you'll get anything other than a parking lot.
Yeah, I think I may have been mistaken with the video, because the picture above makes a lot more sense. And you never know, we requested a building that faces another building on one side and the gardens or something on the other, so with any luck we may get that one. If not it's not the end of the world.

magicmom4

We just stayed in Ranchos the first week of this month. It was our first time as we usually use Pop. We were in building 7b and loved it! We had great views, were super close to our car, the bus stop and the pool. The actual room was pretty much like Pop. The construction is right at the entrance and does affect views and getting in and out (although every bus we rode was practically empty!) I really recommend the resort and especially the Ranchos.
IMG_1456.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1587 (1).JPG
    IMG_1587 (1).JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 71

Rob562

I'd suggest looking into Touring Plans' room-finder. You can input your room type (Standard/Garden/Lake, etc) and it'll show you exactly which rooms in which buildings have that view. We booked a Standard View room, but used the room finder to find a few rooms in Cabanas 8B that had a side view out to grass and garden. (We also used the room request fax service TP offers, got the exact room we asked for)

You may have to sign up for a free account on the TP website to gain access to the room finder, I'm not 100% sure.

-Rob

iluvMainStMagic

I have always liked the look of the Ranchos section at CSR, and they have a beautiful view of the main building across the lake, especially with the lights at night. But we have never requested it because it's the furthest section from the main blgd/food court ans we get so tired from all the walking in the parks during the day. I realize you have been doing a lot of research on CSR, and you are probably well aware of that, but wanted to throw it in, just in case. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing stay there!!

BigRedDad

"Views" at Value and Moderate resorts simply provide the public access to look into your room. There are no real views unless you want people up in your business. For Value and Moderates, it is simply location. They are also considered motels and not hotels. this means entrance to your room is through exterior doors.

NormC

"Views" at Value and Moderate resorts simply provide the public access to look into your room. There are no real views unless you want people up in your business. For Value and Moderates, it is simply location. They are also considered motels and not hotels. this means entrance to your room is through exterior doors.
Motels are rooms you can drive up to the door. Doors faced parking spots. Motor Hotel, Mo-tel. Google Milestone Mo-tel or Motel Inn of San Luis Obispo from 1925.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom