Coronado Springs Resort pool closing question

love disney

Original Poster
Does anyone have any information on exactly when the main pool at CSR will be closing? WDW's website used to say Sept. 4 (or 6, I can't remember), but now it just says Fall 2018. I called the customer service number and the only info they would give was Fall 2018. I explained that not knowing the date made it difficult to make a reservation for late September and was basically told "oh well" (not trying to start a bash the customer service thread, that truly was the first time I have ever had such a response). Anyway, if anyone knows an actual date I would love to hear it. Thanks!

LeighM

Does anyone have any information on exactly when the main pool at CSR will be closing? WDW's website used to say Sept. 4 (or 6, I can't remember), but now it just says Fall 2018. I called the customer service number and the only info they would give was Fall 2018. I explained that not knowing the date made it difficult to make a reservation for late September and was basically told "oh well" (not trying to start a bash the customer service thread, that truly was the first time I have ever had such a response). Anyway, if anyone knows an actual date I would love to hear it. Thanks!

I read in another group that the admin pretty much got confirmation that the pool closure is still on for September 4th with ending date expected to be December 12. Whether that is still the plan, only Disney really knows. If your trip is going to be late September, then I would expect the pool to be closed.

nickys

Premium Member
I read in another group that the admin pretty much got confirmation that the pool closure is still on for September 4th with ending date expected to be December 12. Whether that is still the plan, only Disney really knows. If your trip is going to be late September, then I would expect the pool to be closed.

Those sound like the dates for AKL.

Not saying that CSR isn’t the same though, just odd they are quoting the same dates.

love disney

Original Poster
As we stated when we first posted this info in our group, the initial dates are 9/4 - 12/12/18. But as with any WDW project, this is subject to change.
Right, and that is what WDW used to have listed on their website, now it just reads Fall 2018. I thought perhaps the change in text might suggest a change in closure date and thought I’d ask to see if anyone knew since Disney customer service isn’t saying.

love disney

Original Poster
Update (well, an update without any real information unfortunately):
I emailed WDW customer service asking if there was a specific closing date for the CSR main pool since their website changed from Sept. 4 to Fall 2018 as the closing. Here is what they wrote back"

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! Through Mid December of 2018 the Dig Site, home to The Lost City of Cibola Pool, volleyball court, playground, Iguana Arcade and Siestas Cantina, will be closed for refurbishment.

Not only did they not answer my question, they won't even say Fall 2018 anymore...unless the email is suggesting that the pool has already closed. Oh well, have now decided it's not even worth pursuing a trip this September.

SAV

There are other pools on property. Why is the Dig Site closure such a deal breaker? Our family actually preferred the Casita's Village pool to the Dig Site pool.

worldfanatic

There are other pools on property. Why is the Dig Site closure such a deal breaker? Our family actually preferred the Casita's Village pool to the Dig Site pool.
Because the Dig Site pool area is awesome. And an awesome feature pool area is critical to many people's WDW trips.
I also enjoy the secondary pools.
But the closure of a feature pool is definitely a deal breaker for many (myself included).

love disney

Original Poster
While the quiet pools are nice the Dig Site pool, especially the water slide, the snack area, etc. are my family's draw to the resort. In our opinion if it's not open it's not worth staying there. To each their own.

In a new update, after the not so helpful email response I got from WDW customer service I wrote back explaining how unhelpful it was. Just this past weekend I got a phone call from customer service. The person I spoke with (can't think of his name off the top of my head but wrote it down so I can call or email WDW to say he was very helpful and thank him again) was super apologetic about the earlier email and was able to confirm the Sept. 4 closing of the Dig Site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom