Coronado Springs Refurbishments

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Has anyone been to Coronado Springs Resort lately? How's the property look with the refurbishments going on? I'm assuming the construction is all near the new Hotel being built? I've been thinking of possible switching over to Coronado from Pop.

LeighM

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. The restaurant in the river is close to being finished and they will open up the 3 bridges soon. The tower is close to being finished with a summer opening. You can still hear construction work especially in the Cabanas section but for us it wasn't too bad. The room refurbs are all finished and rooms look great.

LeighM

Here are the pictures inside the room. I would always chose Coronado over Pop if money wasn't an issue. This year we had the walk in shower but last year we had a full sized tub. If you require a tub, call and add it to your reservations.

IMG_20190429_144848.jpg

IMG_20190429_144850.jpg

IMG_20190429_144927.jpg

IMG_20190429_144942.jpg

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Here are the pictures inside the room. I would always chose Coronado over Pop if money wasn't an issue. This year we had the walk in shower but last year we had a full sized tub. If you require a tub, call and add it to your reservations.

View attachment 372334

View attachment 372335

View attachment 372338

View attachment 372339
Thanks for the pics, the rooms look different from the last time was stayed. I prefer a Mod or even a Deluxe if we can swing it. Since its just me and DH for this trip we figured Pop would be fine for us. I'm on the fence of weather or not to bite the bullet and pay the difference.

Last edited:

LeighM

Thanks for the pics, the rooms look different from the last time was stayed. I prefer a Mod or even a Deluxe if we can swing it. Since its just me and DH for this trip we figured Pop would be fine for us...but the more I think of the crowds at pop. I'm thinking for the price difference (which was only $275) I may just switch and surprise DH.

How were the crowds when you were there?

We were there in the middle of the cheerleading and dance competitions. I asked to be put in rooms away from the block of rooms they reserved. So we were put in the preferred section of Casitas since they put the teen group in Ranchos, which is further from everything. Our rooms were very quiet. The pools were busier than usual but the buses were still great and not crowded. The food court wasn't busy during the times we went either.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
That's funny you mentioned the cheer competition. Last time we stayed at Coronado we too were there during cheer competitions. Thanks for the photos. I was wrong on the amount, so I adjusted my previous post. It was about $450 more to move.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Since this was kind of a "Hey lets book an anniversary trip" and not something were we had been saving over the past year we had limited funds. I'd for sure have booked AKL with a SV if we could have. That is by far is our favorite resort.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Question for you Coronado Springs experts, if you had the choice to stay at the Swan or CS for the same price what would you choose? Its just 2 adults and we are only going for 3 nights from May 30 to June 2. I can get a Water View at CS and a "no view" room at the Swan

LeighM

Question for you Coronado Springs experts, if you had the choice to stay at the Swan or CS for the same price what would you choose? Its just 2 adults and we are only going for 3 nights from May 30 to June 2. I can get a Water View at CS and a "no view" room at the Swan

I would chose Coronado just because of the convenience of Magical Express. I don't have to worry about luggage or transportation from the airport to the resort. But if we were driving and going during a festival like Food and Wine, then I would probably chose to stay at Swan. If plans are to spend time at either Epcot or Hollywood Studios, we would probably chose Swan, since it's within walking distance to those two parks. I'm not sure if the construction around Swan/Dolphin has started - if that work is in the noisey stages, then I might chose Coronado since that work is winding up and almost finished.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Hello CSR experts! I will be staying at CSR for the first in February and needed a bit of advice from you experts. We booked a standard view room but wasn't sure if there was a section of the resort that is better than others. We prefer quiet areas and preferably near a bus stop. The Cabanas 8C building looked the best but want with the experts. Thanks in advance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom