Coronado Springs Questions

captainkidd

We're thinking about staying there next summer. Been looking at the pics, and the Casitas by far are the most appealling to us in terms of the exterior. I read that this is where most of the conventioneers stay. We'd like to request building 1 or 3, closest to the food court, gift shop, etc. Has anyone stayed in these buildings that can give me some info? I don't like the idea of staying in a business-like atmosphere. Is this what the Casitas feels like with the conventioneers?

Buzz2001

I've stayed in all three sections and it depends what you will consider a convention feel. Yes, you will see them walking to the convention center in the morning. Most wear polo shirts with nametags and some are talking on cell phones. Other than that, you can't really tell them apart unless you over hear their conversations.

Upvote 0

kirinan

We stayed in the Casitas a few years ago (can't remember which building, but I know we weren't far from the food court), and even though there were a couple of conventions going on at the resort, it still felt "Disney." Like the previous poster said, you see them walking around, and wandered by a couple of evening receptions for the conventioneers on different days, but we never felt like it intruded on our sense of being on vacation at WDW.

Upvote 0

JWH

We requested (and stayed in) Casitas 1 for a week in June, and had a great time. Casitas puts you farther away from the pool, but you are right next door to the restaurants.

We loved CSR.

Upvote 0

LenYJr

We stayed in the Ranchos in 2006 and it was great. The main pool area was fairly close and if we didn't feel like walking to the front, we hopped on a bus which did the internal stops before the front of the resort.

They also had some internal shuttles as well.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

We have stayed there twice ,I love the resort extra clean very nice.Only problem is the food court it stinks not Disney ran.Stay there but eat somewhere else.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Maybe we weren't there when there were lots of conventions going on, but other than seeing them talking on cell phones in the lobby, we never noticed a ton of business people milling about. And even then, it wasn't like they were changing the atmosphere at all. CSR is a beautiful resort, but be prepared to walk!

We stayed in Casistas 4 and it was great. The quiet pool was right outside our building, and there was a bus stop right there as well. It was very far from the main pool, and it was a decent walk to the food court, but we didn't eat there much anyway. I definitely suggest taking an early morning walk around the lake, it was breathtaking at that time of day.

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

We love the resort. The conventioneers are tied up most of the day so you don't notice them (apart from from mornings, lunch, etc). We stayed in Casistas 3 a couple of years ago. The kids hated the long walk to the pool but liked the shorter walk to the shops and food court.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree with another poster, the Cabanas are by far the closest to El Centro and the 1st bus stop, but we stayed in Casitas 3 this past December, and were very happy with the location... It was not even a 5 minute walk to El Centro and the 1st bus strop. In my honest opinion, it was a great location. There were a few conventions going on while we were there, and while you did see them walking around, I did not really see them anywhere other then El Centro.

I think you will love this resort!!! It is by far our favorite!!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

I've stayed in all three sections and it depends what you will consider a convention feel. Yes, you will see them walking to the convention center in the morning. Most wear polo shirts with nametags and some are talking on cell phones. Other than that, you can't really tell them apart unless you over hear their conversations.

And I find that natural. Unlike the fathers I see walking around with their kids and they are on the cell phone doing business! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

sbkline

I just watched this video of Coronado Springs on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1bhIHlk0o

Just curious, towards the end, is that Expedition Everest, or Summit Plummet? I know Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom are both in the general proximity of Coronado Springs, but I didn't know either one of them was THAT close!

Also, with one of the recent threads about alligators at WDW, I found it interesting to see a gator swimming around in Lago Dorado, along with that big turtle.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I just watched this video of Coronado Springs on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1bhIHlk0o

Just curious, towards the end, is that Expedition Everest, or Summit Plummet? I know Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom are both in the general proximity of Coronado Springs, but I didn't know either one of them was THAT close!

Also, with one of the recent threads about alligators at WDW, I found it interesting to see a gator swimming around in Lago Dorado, along with that big turtle.
BB is right across the street from CS.

As others have written above, the conventioneers didn't detract from our exeprience at CS at all, either time we stayed there (including when we stayed in the Casitas section).

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

The Mrs. and stayed at the Coranado last year and for the most part did not enjoy it at all. It was the later part of September and they had two huge back to back conventions going on. So we were placed as far away from the dining facilities as possible even though we had a reservation for 7 months prior. We both felt like we were in a work environment and we experienced a lot of Drunken conventioneers. This will be the first and last time that we ever stay at this resort again. So it's back to the old Dixie Landings or the Wilderness Lodge, never went wrong with these resorts and always enjoyed the atomsphere and was able to de-stress, relax and just forget about life and enjoy the alone time with my wife.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

The Mrs. and stayed at the Coranado last year and for the most part did not enjoy it at all. It was the later part of September and they had two huge back to back conventions going on. So we were placed as far away from the dining facilities as possible even though we had a reservation for 7 months prior. We both felt like we were in a work environment and we experienced a lot of Drunken conventioneers. This will be the first and last time that we ever stay at this resort again. So it's back to the old Dixie Landings or the Wilderness Lodge, never went wrong with these resorts and always enjoyed the atomsphere and was able to de-stress, relax and just forget about life and enjoy the alone time with my wife.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that from the conventioneers. I find it inexcusable. Did you report it? I would have. I guess we've been lucky in seven stays, each time with a convention or two going on, and never having a problem with the convention people. Believe it or not, we had a problem with a drunk "guest" at the POR-Riverside watching the Piano guy (bad enough she was drunk, but she was with her children) and we had a problem our second stay with drunk convention guests at the Contemporary. I guess you can run into a drunk guest at any resort.

Upvote 0

draybook

Lilclerk, I notcied that your POP stay starts in 89 days. Ours begins in 90 days, on December 4th. Hope to see you there! Just look for the Mexican fella dragging a mini fridge into his room! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

EPCOTPluto

I am hoping that for our trip, we are able to snag a spot in the Casitas, but I will have to call today to confirm if it's possible around that time... Though, now looking at the map, 9A or 9B are good spots as well. And farther away from the Convention Center.

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom