Coronado Springs or Port Orleans

Ember

It's closer than it looks on the map. The PortOrleans site says it takes 4-6 minutes to walk there depending on which building you are located in.

jprieur

Not speaking with a high level of experience here as I have only been once after a 10 year hiatus, but we did Port Orleans French Quarter in Oct and loved it. Even though I was born and raised in New Orleans I didn't find the overall atmosphere cheesy at all and found some of the details very accurate. Even the trees were magnolia and oak just as in New Orleans - very impressive detail.

We really loved if for the overall size as many have posted. We were in building 4 in a corner room and it was less than a minute to the main bldg and the bus stop. Never found the busses to be overly crowded and loved the level of service. One night we walked the river up to Riverside for their table service and it was a VERY pleasant and relaxing walk. Boatride to Downtown Disney was hit or miss, but they were having the dragon boat races when we were there so normally I am sure its fine.

We are staying Coronado on our upcoming MAR trip, mostly due to the price difference, but we are still looking forward to it nonetheless. We actually originally had Coronado booked on our OCT trip and only switched to FQ to be part of the magic band test group (FQ started testing a week or so before Coronado). It seams that Disney is charging more for FQ now than other moderates due to lower supply (fewer rooms). Not sure if that is seasonal or not.

For us, while the hotel is a significant part of the experience, there is a limit to how much I will pay for a room that we are in for only sleeping in. I would love to stay at the GF, but I wouldn't pay what they are asking for a room if the room itself was the vacation, it just doesn't make economical sense to me.

Betsyboo

We stayed in building 90 as shown on the map below. We walked out of our room across the parking lot and caught the bus at the East Depot. It was really easy and quick. We used the quiet pool next to building 90. The main pool wasn't too far though. You can see it on this map.
image.jpg

Betsyboo

Does POFQ and PORS share buses? Do the buses stop at every depot at RS. Don't they have several?

You should check out the transportation section on portorleans.org The answer to your question is yes and no. Sometimes they'll pick up or drop off at FQ and visit the various RS bus depots and sometimes not. It may depend on season, time of day and what park you are going to. We stayed last January and in 7 days we may have stopped at FQ once. The buses really aren't bad. We are staying at FQ next month.

Stayed at POFR this past summer and loved it. We had a great room location- middle of the top floor, facing the gardens, in the building closest to the food court and bus stops. It was great! That being said, I've never stayed at the other two you are considering.

bcalltimandanna

POFQ all the way. We recently stayed at POR, so we have now stayed at all of the mods. POFQ is by far our favorite. Even if Elliot Dyson isn't there anymore!

Mary<3sWDW

POFQ is my favorite resort! I love that it's smaller and less crowded. I have never had to wait long to get food at the food court or find a seat - no matter what time of day. The scenery is great and we love taking the boat to the Marketplace. I have stayed at a couple other places but now I can't imagine going anywhere else!

luv

Whether you pay for a "preferred" room depends on whether or not you'd prefer a room there and if you're willing to pay a little extra to get it. I like to be as far from the hustle and bustle as possible and never paid for a proffered room. I was actually glad when they started charging extra for those rooms because I'd have less chance of being placed there. :)

As for water views, the CSR ones are very pretty and worth the cost, IMO. The water views at POFQ are very tranquil and nice. I'd pay for it there, too. POR water views are of canals and unless you're on the top floor, you'll have a hard time seeing them, really. I'd skip paying for a water view at POR.

EvilQueen-T

We've stayed at csr (2nd stay coming up this March), por (5-7 times), and pofq (5-7 times) and like each one for different reasons so we usually let the room rates dictate for us. At pofq, imo, there's no reason to worry about what room you're in as it's a smaller resort. The others just depend on what you want to be closest to...pool, transportation, food court. Our other consideration is usually which park(s) we plan on spending most of our time in...csr and that area are nice like during food and wine while we like por/pofq when we spend more time at mk.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
FC is different than CS and POR. FC is tiny but options are few from dining to pools. My favorite is POR. The food has better and more choices than CS or FC. CS still needs to fix their dining options. The true QS of the three dining options is a tiny pain in the tooshie. The sit down/QS is strange, after all these years still trying to figure out what it wants to be. The pool at CS is great and the best playground but their bus system stinks. POR can load at least 2 buses at a time, and in the front more unlike CS. The lounge at both FC and POR is nicer.
Both CS and POR have better gift shops than FC. FC has the most tranquil hot tub area.

Glasgow

FC is different than CS and POR. FC is tiny but options are few from dining to pools. My favorite is POR. The food has better and more choices than CS or FC. CS still needs to fix their dining options. The true QS of the three dining options is a tiny pain in the tooshie. The sit down/QS is strange, after all these years still trying to figure out what it wants to be. The pool at CS is great and the best playground but their bus system stinks. POR can load at least 2 buses at a time, and in the front more unlike CS. The lounge at both FC and POR is nicer.
Both CS and POR have better gift shops than FC. FC has the most tranquil hot tub area.

French Cuarter? ;)

scoobygirl39541

Stayed at both and would choose POFQ every time. We love the size, the little "streets" leading to all the buildings, the beauty of the river being so close. The pool area is perfect and so calming to walk past after coming back from a hectic park. The convenience of the food court being so close makes early morning coffee runs easy. The landscape is beautiful.

:)

I would suggest upgrading to pool view for POFQ (location/convenience), and for CS request a room closer to the lobby because that resort is huge and you could really get put in a poor location if you leave it up to chance.

Last edited:

Disnee4Me

We've stayed twice at POR in the Alligator Bayou, Building 16 I think, which is a short walk to the bus stop, short walk to the riverboat to DTD AND a short walk to the food court. My DH and DSs really like it there. Very quiet at night too.

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Stayed at both and would choose POFQ every time. We love the size, the little "streets" leading to all the buildings, the beauty of the river being so close. The pool area is perfect and so calming to walk past after coming back from a hectic park. The convenience of the food court being so close makes early morning coffee runs easy. The landscape is beautiful.

:)

I would suggest upgrading to pool view for POFQ (location/convenience), and for CS request a room closer to the lobby because that resort is huge and you could really get put in a poor location if you leave it up to chance.

Wow- beatiful pics. I think we are leaning towards POFQ because of its small size. I will certainly try for the Pool View. Thanks for sharing

ToTBellHop

Only problem I have with FQ is that it almost never is included in the deals. That led us to switch to Wilderness Lodge for last month and Coronado for May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom