Coronado Springs or Poly??HELP!

numomma2

We are headed back for the magic Dec. 2-9. We'll have 6 total in our group (me & DH, DS9, DD7 and my parents). It's gonna cost us about $2500 to stay in the Poly over Coronado. If it were your trip (your money) on the line which would YOU pick? Is the Poly/monorail that much better than Coronado/buses? What else am I NOT considering? We have stayed at the Poly before with the kids. My folks have NEVER stayed on-site before and may not return to WDW again. I greatly appreciate any and all opinions on the subject.

MKCP 1985

I love to stay at Coronado, but if my budget allowed it or if my trip was truly once in a lifetime, I'd stay at the Poly.

Coronado's buses take you directly where you want to go with no stops better than any others, but the Poly has the monorail. Don't forget the coolness of gliding along that monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Poly also has the view of Cinderella's Castle from its beach.

Poly's rooms are nicer than Coronado and many have balconies or patios. Coronado's do not.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

My vote is for Poly. To me it's a more transportive experience; the theming of the resort can take you away. That said, if the money's gonna weigh on your mind/ruin your trip, take the cheaper route. It's not worth the money to then have to censor your spending for the entire trip...

Have fun!

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

while we love coronado, we will always pick poly. we just love being able to hop a monrail back to the room and especially for folks that have never been and may never go again that is awsome

Tracy & alex

Upvote 0

kal1484

Personally, $2500 is a LOT of money, and yes Poly IS wonderful, and if it is going to be the last "family vacation" with grandma and grandpa, go for it. However Coronado is wonderful too! However, I must also tell you to consider Port Orleans Riverside. I love this resort, and have many fond memories of trips with my grandparents. We were lucky enough to get connecting rooms. Either way, HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0
If your budget can tolerate it go with Polynesian...the monorail convenience will be great for the grandparents...it may be their last visit, so make sure they enjoy everything, including their resort...I think Polynesian is the best choice.

Aside from what i just said...the theming is awesome and you can see Cinderella's castle.

Nothing wrong with Coronado Springs, but Polynesian is terrific.

Johnny

Upvote 0

justducky78

No question about it. The Poly.

If you can afford it, spoil your folks (and yourselves)! You deserve it. It's so much easier being on the monorail...getting to MK or Epcot.

Especially if your parents are older...if you wanted to head back early from the parks (or vice versa), it's easier to meet up.

Upvote 0

numomma2

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice.

My folks are not your typical grandparents. In fact, they were almost cast on CBS' The Amazing Race show. They jog regularly and are probably in better shape than my hubby and me! The issue is really that I want them to have the ultimate Disney experience just once in their lifetime. I am one of 5 kiddos, so we did Disney on a budget growing up.

I think we're just gonna go for it and stay at Poly! My DH is even determined to get a round of golf in! I'm sure it will be a trip to remember!

Thanks again for your time! Have a great night!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom