Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge

riess424

Original Poster
Which one would you choose of the Wilderness DVCs? Maybe someone can break it down for me what the major differences (plus & minuses) are. thanks

seascape

Copper Creek is in the main building while Bolder Ridge is in the smaller building. However the rooms in Bolder Ridge are bigger. So it depends on if you want the smaller room in the Lodge or the slightly bigger room. I like the Lodge.

Janir

Having to have just made that choice a few months ago, we opted for buying into Copper Creek. You're closer most everything by being in the main building. Although I will admit there are plenty of things in Fort Wilderness that aren't housed in the main building, but gift shop and most of the dining and easy access to transportation is.

nickys

Premium Member
Copper Creek studios and 1-beds are a hard 4 for occupancy. Boulder Ridge sleep 5. That alone could make the decision for some people.

BRV rooms we’re purpose designed, CCV are all converted hotel rooms.

Having to have just made that choice a few months ago, we opted for buying into Copper Creek. You're closer most everything by being in the main building. Although I will admit there are plenty of things in Fort Wilderness that aren't housed in the main building, but gift shop and most of the dining and easy access to transportation is.

I think you’re confusing Resorts. The DVC resorts Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge are at Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

ToTBellHop

BRVs as we stay in studios and feel the BRV ones are better. The brief walk to the main building is no big deal and you’re really close to the bus stop.

Janir

Copper Creek studios and 1-beds are a hard 4 for occupancy. Boulder Ridge sleep 5. That alone could make the decision for some people.

BRV rooms we’re purpose designed, CCV are all converted hotel rooms.

I think you’re confusing Resorts. The DVC resorts Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge are at Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.
Your right. Mentally I've just bucketed them both into the 'campground style resorts' and never really paid that much attention until I got into Copper Creek and mentally I'm still unwinding that thinking. I was happily surprised when I took a tour of Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge and how high end it felt, a deluxe resort with Wilderness themeing vs a moderate resort with Wilderness themeing my expectation was.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

IF BUYING....

We own at BRV. But my dear wife & I are 66 :). BRV contracts die in 2042. Not so with CCV.... much longer contract.

So consider your time frame? Are children involved that MAY cause you to want a longer contract?

In our case, BRV was perfect. By 2042, we will be 90 :). Probably not hitting WDW at that point :). BRV (the REAL "Villas at Wilderness Lodge") is a separate building - older, quieter. CCV consists of 1/2 Main WL Hotel conversions + several REALLY WONDERFUL (and expensive) cabins.

Your family needs will be FAR different from those of two old retired folks :).

PS - We LOVE DVC!!!! Once one gets over the initial cash infusion (DO NOT FINANCE!!!!!), DVC offers a HUGE discount over Disney Owned Main Hotel Rooms. Our "break even" took 6 years :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom