Cop Tribute Video

General Grizz

Welcome. I, too, am a COP Enthusiast.

I recorded the Carousel of Progress about 10 times in total with a brand new Digital Camera (great colors) with a stand in various positions (no heads). In the coming years, I will mix this with a great-sounding soundtrack to have a hopefully professional-patched (so everything can be seen - in various angles). So I'm looking forward to that! :)

Long live the Carousel of Progress! (It has to, it's the only attraction that Walt really told and emphasized that his Imagineers keep!) :) :sohappy:

General Grizz

Oh, no! Poor Jacob!! Give him my best wishes!

Do you need any help with the new website? If so, I have *lots* of contributions to offer...or I can send them over anyway. :D

Tomko

Original Poster
tribute

I wish you the best of your production.

It took me a few weeks to actually put mine together.

Plenty of research and converting the old stuff to digital.

A challenge indeed!!

Thanks

Hope you enjoy it!

Happy to help at anytime!!!

Tom

Tomko

Original Poster
SURE!!

What I am trying to do is have the site portray the history of the COP in anyway possible. Preferably from Photos,Videos,Music and the like.

Trying to gather old NY WORLD'S FAIR items up to current and anything inbetween.

I don't know if you visited the www.nywf64.com site yet, but Bill Young is currently doing a feature on the original COP. IT IS AWSOME!

Check it when you get a chance. There is a link directly from my site on the first page.

Shows the actual contruction of the COP building.

Very interesting!

blm07

Now I know there is a Vault Disney episode that has stuff from the World's Fair, and I want to see it sometime, I'm guessing part of it was the "Walts Creation" video found on the website?

Tomko

Original Poster
World's Fair

Yes there is a vault Disney on the Fair.

How you enjoy the segment I recorded for the site....

Cliff

Great tiribut video.

Excellent job!!

COP is one of the most sacred attractions at WDW. "Casual" Disney fans don't appreciate it as much as the true blue Disney history buffs do.

I really hope it stays around. Close down in the off season. I can live with that...just open it back up every summer.... at least 40 more of them!

I hope they never close the "Blue Byou Lagoon" either. "byuo"?...(spelling??)

CT : - )

Tomko

Original Poster
Thanks Wilson

I try!

And will try harder very soon.

I am about to add more video and history to the Tribute!

Bairstow

That's odd. I tried to watch the High Speed version of your tribute video with Windows Media Player but constantly get an "unable to download appropriate decopressor" error. Any ideas?

Tomko

Original Poster
Windows Media Player

This presentation uses the most recent Windows Media Player ...series 9.

Although Microsoft says it will work with other versions, maybe it is best to upgrade to ver 9. Just click their logo on the video page to do so.

I haven't had any other remarks about this but yours.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Tom

Kellylynn322

The Carousel of Progress in one of the few things in WDW that is truly "WALT DISNEY". For the WDW Co. to remove the ride would be a travisty to the creator himself. To me the removal of COP would send a message to the visitors that Walt is nothing more than a name they use not an inventor or and inpiration to the youth of the world that no matter how many times you fail that you must keep trying. If Walt had given up there would be no WDW and nothing for the current money hungry power people to make thir $ off of. Ok, so its my rant but its also my opinion.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Kellylynn322
The Carousel of Progress in one of the few things in WDW that is truly "WALT DISNEY". For the WDW Co. to remove the ride would be a travisty to the creator himself. To me the removal of COP would send a message to the visitors that Walt is nothing more than a name they use not an inventor or and inpiration to the youth of the world that no matter how many times you fail that you must keep trying. If Walt had given up there would be no WDW and nothing for the current money hungry power people to make thir $ off of. Ok, so its my rant but its also my opinion.

Indeed. :animwink: :D

Looks like all is fine for Thanksgiving and Christmas!! :sohappy:

Big Pooh

Hi Tomko. :wave: www.carouselofprogress.com is a wonderful site. :sohappy: :sohappy: Thank you very much for taking over and keeping it going.

Cheers :wave:

edit: Hey, whatcha know 'bout that. I'm a Junior WDWMAGIC Cast Member now. I feel more important somehow. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom