COP refurb

Jorodi25

I like the idea of having a little back story with the Tomorrowland Metro Retro historical society to explain why CoP is in Tomorrowland.

Agreed. It'd be cool if they could make the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society connection more apparent. It would strengthen the "New Tomorrowland" theme of the mid 90s, something that is much needed after losing two key components (Alien Encounter and Timekeeper) that made the land so uniquely connected and complete thematically.

As far as voices go, I really enjoy Jean Shepherd as the father. If the voices are replaced, it will take some getting used to for me.

DisneyDellsDude

Late 09' to early '10 would put this going down after Space Mountain re-opens up. I see it being plausable - especially if management still wants to freshen up all the classics for WDW's 40th.

Expo_Seeker40

Here is Act IV when it first premiered at WDW in 1975.

Basically its been the same set, just cosmetically changed here and there.

I'd say the 1970s scene is the scene most people don't remember...they tend to remember the 1980s scene more.

282f0ug.jpg

1zqdczr.jpg

2qd8jg4.jpg

Expo_Seeker40

2hyxm3q.jpg

Here was Act IV when it was at Disneyland from 1967-1973

This took place sometime in the mid to late 1970s

John and Sara are living somewhere in Lake Buena Vista or southern Orlando. They are in a highrise that has WDW property and the city of EPCOT in the background.

It's Christmas Night and Jane (now Patricia) and James, each of them grown up, have gone to get Grandma and Grandpa at the "new jet airport" which may have been the proposed but never built WDW airport.

Rover is there near John, and the family cat is with Sara. No mention of cousin Orville....:lookaroun

This scene was pretty close to what Act IV looked like during the world's fair, with the major change being that the background showed a suburban winter scene possibly the capital district of New York State as that is where GE has been heaquartered for years.

Expo_Seeker40

actually, the only thing left from the original ending back in 1964 is the part of the floor that rises up and is now the kitchen.....its the part that grandma is sitting on now playing the video game.

Thats it....:cry:

It was used as a base and everything else was built new atop it for 1975

EPCOT Explorer

2hyxm3q.jpg

Here was Act IV when it was at Disneyland from 1967-1973

This took place sometime in the mid to late 1970s

John and Sara are living somewhere in Lake Buena Vista or southern Orlando. They are in a highrise that has WDW property and the city of EPCOT in the background.

It's Christmas Night and Jane (now Patricia) and James, each of them grown up, have gone to get Grandma and Grandpa at the "new jet airport" which may have been the proposed but never built WDW airport.

Rover is there near John, and the family cat is with Sara. No mention of cousin Orville....:lookaroun

This scene was pretty close to what Act IV looked like during the world's fair, with the major change being that the background showed a suburban winter scene possibly the capital district of New York State as that is where GE has been heaquartered for years.

VERY nice pics...Love how EPCOT is in the background there.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom