COP Dad Missing Left Hand

Bork Bork

Photography of any kind is not allowed at the Carousel of Progress. Of course, there is not much Disney can or will do if it happens (nor have they ever).

Oops! I could have sworn the announcement prohibited "flash" photography. I used manual mode and got some great shots sans flash. And all appendages were attached in June.

MAGICFLOP

Come on people...

Did you look on the floor at his feet.

9 out of 10 hands that dislodge end up on the floor near the feet....

Sheesh :(

MissM

Oops! I could have sworn the announcement prohibited "flash" photography. I used manual mode and got some great shots sans flash. And all appendages were attached in June.
It depends on the CM. Some say "no flash photography" and some say "no photography of any kind or video taping." We ride it at least once a month and there's definitely inconsistent spiels given. I frequently take photos (without flash of course) and have never had any CM say anything.

wickedfan07

That is not an excuse for poor show.

I think the poster you quoted is only joking. :)

Seriously though, you'd think if the poor guy lost a hand they'd close it down and fix it. It is a holiday weekend though, and they want to have lots of capacity at MK I guess, but still... Try explaining why the guy's missing a hand to your six year-old... :shrug:

Neverland

It depends on the CM. Some say "no flash photography" and some say "no photography of any kind or video taping." We ride it at least once a month and there's definitely inconsistent spiels given. I frequently take photos (without flash of course) and have never had any CM say anything.

It's really supposed to be just no flash pictures, and no videoing with a lit screen, and it's only for the courtesy of people around you. Any CM who says no photography or video recording at all obviously doesn't understand.

Pioneer Hall

Did anyone think that maybe the problem happened that day and the CMs didn't know because they don't do a check again until the end of the night? The cameras there are focused on the audience and not the stage. If you see something that looks very wrong don't hesitate to tell a CM at the exit as opposed to just shaking your head and complaining. One time I was riding pirates and the final Jack Sparrow wasn't working. I told the unload CM who thanked me and immediately picked up the phone. Jack was rocking back and forth later that day.

MrMorrowTom

Its no photography of any kind to try and preserve the magic. The cameras are pointed on the audience and are infrared so when you do take it with a flash it lights up the entire screen. This is why people get yelled at taking flash because its noticeable. A non flash camera will just go unnoticed because its hard to watch all screens at once, while loading people.

And it is true that cast members won't know if a figure breaks because they can't see. When I worked there a guest told me how the dad stopped working in one of the scenes and the ride went down till they fixed him.

WDW-Crazy

I've done the same thing. I've also videotaped because they never said you couldn't. It all depends on the cast member who is present.

yoyoflamingo

It's really supposed to be just no flash pictures, and no videoing with a lit screen, and it's only for the courtesy of people around you. Any CM who says no photography or video recording at all obviously doesn't understand.

Sounds to me like the CMs knew the hand was missing and didn't want pictures of it to be taken and end up on the Internet. If they knew the hand was missing AND let the show keep going, then that's VERY poor show, whereas not knowing is just bad show. :(

Cmdr_Crimson

You know it's funny when the op mentions that they will post a picture and here we are up to three pages right now and still nothing....

Pioneer Hall

Sounds to me like the CMs knew the hand was missing and didn't want pictures of it to be taken and end up on the Internet. If they knew the hand was missing AND let the show keep going, then that's VERY poor show, whereas not knowing is just bad show. :(

How did you come up with that conclusion? Photography is technically never allowed...the announcement at the beginning had nothing to do with a broken animatronic.

cheezbat

Ahh that Walt Disney World magic! Broken disco yetis, missing boulders and black tarps, and misssing hands! LOVE the magic! :ROFLOL:

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Seriously people! I posted this from my phone in the park because I didn't see it here. Then I had something called "real life" intervene. I apologize for having other things to do besides read a forum.

Here is the photo. It isn't the greatest because I was stupid and used digital zoom (which looked okay in the dark on the phone, but not on the computer screen.) Again, I apologize for the quality.
Also, I have now learned how to upload photos and post to forums directly from my iPhone. I just didn't want to take away from time with my family to figure that out yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom