COP Closed, or website error?

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Off the operational updates section of Disney's site...

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress: Closed [October 1, 2005 to October 31, 2005]

I know it was open earlier this month so is this a site error or is it closing up shop for awhile?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am trying to recall which thread discussed this earlier this week.....I know it has, but right now, I cant think which one.....

Its down for a minor rehab if my recolection serves me correctly.

browniebee

It's pretty much been open if I'm not mistaken. I was at MK Oct. 11 and it was closed when we first got there around 12, but by 3 or maybe a little later it was reopened and had a fair number of visitors.

uklad79

It was open last Sat and was a full theatre with people still waiting to get in. The floor was very dirty with wood shavings under the seats. I read on here that the roof was being rehabbed the only bit that looked new was the first section with the welcome. The seats hadnt been replaced as reported but do need to be done as they are old and it still looked very popular.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Good to hear it's still running. I was worried as it was listed as closed for the whole months of November and December as well.

ButtClown44

Honestly I have been with the company for close to 2 years and we have run COP everyday with very few exceptions. It is open. Timekeeper is not and looks extremely doubtful that it will ever reopen.

WDW1971

ButtClown44 said:
Honestly I have been with the company for close to 2 years and we have run COP everyday with very few exceptions. It is open.

Any chance it will be open the first week of December? I will be taking my kids for their first trip and I'd love for them to see a classic...

JEDIsney

Good, I'm glad it's not being closed now, even for renovation. I'll be down in 27 days, and I always have the fear that it will be closed whenever I visit. In 2002, a few days before I left everything was fine, but when I got there, it was closed. Last November everything was fine, so I'm just hoping that this year everything will be good as well.

CaptainMichael

JEDIsney said:
Good, I'm glad it's not being closed now, even for renovation. I'll be down in 27 days, and I always have the fear that it will be closed whenever I visit. In 2002, a few days before I left everything was fine, but when I got there, it was closed. Last November everything was fine, so I'm just hoping that this year everything will be good as well.
I'm feeling pretty good about CoP now. It has been seeing favorable crowds and has been open consistently. Of course, CoP may not have been in as much danger as we were so often lead to believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom