COP and WOL?

Figment632

Original Poster
A lot of people think that COP should be moved to Epcot and I think this could be a good idea. If a large E attraction was to be placed in TL COP might be on the way. So is there enough room in WOL to house COP because if so I think this would be an ideal location if WOL as we knew and loved it was never to come back?

EPCOT Explorer

CoP could fit in WoL several times over...I know I have thought of it (See the EPCOT all the Time thread-few pages back) but I don't know about WDI.:shrug:

Would be nice though.^^;

Figment632

Original Poster
CoP could fit in WoL several times over...I know I have thought of it (See the EPCOT all the Time thread-few pages back) but I don't know about WDI.:shrug:

Would be nice though.^^;

It makes sence to me but I guess they would rather use that prime realestate for corprate events.

trr1

Would be nice though.^^;

i was just thinking that if wdw dose not have alot of money for
upgrades and new rides where would they get the money for moving CoP
to Epcot?

Figment632

Original Poster
i was just thinking that if wdw dose not have alot of money for
upgrades and new rides where would they get the money for moving CoP
to Epcot?

They won't move it but it would better than using the space the way they are know.

wdwmemories

This is an interesting idea.

Does Disney have much of a history of moving attractions around on the same property?

I remember that an attraction was moved from WDW to Tokyo many years ago, but I can't really recall another other examples of MOVING an existing attractions. Of course, there is plenty of COPYING that goes on! :ROFLOL:

Figment632

Original Poster

Does Disney have much of a history of moving attractions around on the same property?

I remember that an attraction was moved from WDW to Tokyo many years ago, but I can't really recall another other examples of MOVING an existing attractions. Of course, there is plenty of COPYING that goes on! :ROFLOL:

For the Happiest Celebration on Earth they brought soarin from DL and lights motors action from DLP.

lilclerk

On the same property? Not that I know of. But the CoP itself has moved twice, I believe. It started at the '64 Worlds Fair, moved to Disneyland, then moved to the MK.

Tim G

Thats not moving an attraction. Thats called 'cloning', and its recreating a copy of an existing attraction.

Excuse me, :) but if the ride in the new park is a copy of the original ride in the other park,
it's called "a Direct Lift"... :D

Disney has used many "Direct Lifts" in the past, and will continue doing so in the future... :lookaroun

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

There are several instance of moving attractions themselves (or parts of them).

COP is the best example, as it was moved from DL to MK.
The one that moved to Tokyo was the Mickey Mouse Revue (a beloved former attraction...sigh).
Parades have, of course, been moved -- MSEP, Block Party Bash.
I think the floats in the Festival of the Lion King show at DAK used to be in the Lion King Parade.
Many of the AA figures in DLR's Splash Mountain were from the America Sings show that went into DL's Carousel Theater after CoP moved to WDW.

Do I really think they'll move CoP again? No. But, if they figure out some great new attraction for Tomorowland that would utlize the carousel theater but not the AA's and sets, I could see them considering updating CoP and tying it into Innoventions in some way. Fact is, though, that while it would make the dedicated fans like us very happy, I doubt it'd have much appeal for the wider guest population.

raven

It makes sence to me but I guess they would rather use that prime realestate for corprate events.

WOL isn't used for corporate events as much as you would think it is. More often the World Showcase Pavilion is used as well as several other places in Epcot (China Rotunda, AA Rotunda, Germany, etc.).

I'd love to see them move COP to this area though and make the entire pavilion theamed on the future of progress and ingenuity.

Animaniac93-98

Magic Journeys moved from EPCOT to MK so there it can be done.

CoP was moved twice already. I'd still prefer it to be in MK though. If anything they should move One Man's Dream to MK.

the-reason14

Yea, I dont know if thats such a good idea. Yes, it could become something better and I would not want to see the Cop sacrificed for something unworthy. If they did decide to put something amazing and worthy in Cop's place than I would want them to move it to Epcot. But Im just so used to it being in TL and to me it fits better there.

But I dont think it would be that good of an idea to put in Wol place because that area of FW is kinda dead anyways, and it seems like attendance would suffer at Cop if it were there. But I dont know, it is a possibility.

alanbrai

THe only time that I can see that they have maoved an attraction on the same property was back in 1986-1987 when they moved "Magic Journeys" from Epcot to the Fantasyland Theater in the MK

HMF

Here is what I would do. Tear down WOL' build a new building for COP on the spot and turn the old COP building into a WALL-E attraction. (Same with Innoventions in Disneyland.)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
How's this? Move COP to the WOL building, close UofE and turn it into a new Horizons pavilion, since it's the sequel to COP anyway.

If only I were in charge....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom