Cooking with Mickey and Friends Vol. I ?

Mickey Maniac

Original Poster
I have Cooking with Mickey and Friends Volume II and I was just wondering if a true Volume I ever existed. No one at the Main Street Stores can give an answer. I've seen Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook on some sites, but I want to know if that's the real volume 1 and not just volume 2 with a different title. (This particualr book came out in 1990+) If you can help, please do!!!

tigsmom

I've seen listings for it, but have never actually seen it so I don't know if any recipes are repeated. You could try the library and see if they have a copy.

KnK

My mom had to special order it from her bookstore. Not many places care it any more. I beleive the copy she got ended up being a used one. It looks like the orginial second version (spiral back).

islandbeachnut

Yes, Volume I exists!!

I have both copies on my kitchen shelf. The cover has Mickey dressed as a chef mixing something in a bowl with a window behind him that has a view of Cinderella Castle & Spaceship Earth. I bought it when I was still in college, living at home and wasn't cooking yet, but knew I would want it in the future.

This cookbook is old, I must have gotten it literally 15 years ago. I bought my cookbook on Main Street in a shop that sold cooking items. Near where the candy store sits today. They had them for sale for a very long time before and after I got my copy. What I like about it is that it has a listing of all the restaurants that the recipes came from and most of them have since changed names, but it's cool for bringing back memories.

AHoyt

It's interesting to have but the majority of the recipes are long since gone from Disney restaraunts. My favorite are the various Monorail drinks from the Top of the World Lounge.

tigsmom

AHoyt said:
It's interesting to have but the majority of the recipes are long since gone from Disney restaraunts. My favorite are the various Monorail drinks from the Top of the World Lounge.

And that is the reason to have it. Some people still want those old dishes that they remember from their childhood.

Aurora_25

I have Volume 1 sitting on my kitchen counter (or in one of my cabinets??) It's pretty neat- Never saw Volume 2 yet....Maybe I will look for it this December...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom