Converting Room only to package ?

fortheboys

If I have room only reservation, can I convert it to a package just 20 or so days prior to arrival - assuming I will pay in full when I make the change to the room only reservation?

There aren't any charges for that either right? As I can make changes on a room only reservation up to 7 days prior to arrival.

Finally, will making a change from a room only to a package effect my ADR's?

Many Thanks!:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If I have room only reservation, can I convert it to a package just 20 or so days prior to arrival - assuming I will pay in full when I make the change to the room only reservation?

Room only reservations cannot be made into a package. You can purchase tickets separately and pay in full for them, but you would not be able to add the dining plan. If you want a package the room only would have to be cancelled out and re-booked as a package. If the resort is sold out you may run into a problem doing this especially if someone grabs that room while you are in the switching process.

There aren't any charges for that either right? As I can make changes on a room only reservation up to 7 days prior to arrival.

Finally, will making a change from a room only to a package effect my ADR's?
As long as you are not cancelling out all together, no. And as long as they are not attached to the reservation #. If you do have them attached to your reservation # please be sure to let the CM know before you do anything.

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To Clarify...

Kingdom Konsultant is 100% correct in the fact that to convert from a room-only to a package you would need to rebook your reservation completely, however it can be done to ensure you do not loose your room.

Call and simply state you have a room only reservation and you want to upgrade to a package. We will first attempt to book your package. If the room is not available, we will place you on hold and work with Guest Services to preform what is known as an overbook procedure. Essentially we book a non-existent room, take your payment, then cancel your room-only to balance out the availability.

Things to remember...

You must book your package at least 3 days prior to arrival. Since this is an upgrade, you will not be charged any change or cancellation fees.

If you book within 45 days of arrival, you would need to pay for the package in full at the time of booking. Funds on your room-only cannot be transferred to your package, instead they will be fully refunded.

Any discount on the room-only may be lost, depending on availability.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am bowing to the all knowing JP! This is what I get for posting so late at night! LOL yes that is true about Guest Services working their magic. I actually did that for a client not too long ago!:ROFLOL:

I stand corrected. ( and no more late night posting):lookaroun
Pam

Upvote 0

fortheboys

Original Poster
Thanks to both! We are planning on going in Jan (last 2 weeks, avoiding MLK weekend) In your experience, will I have problems booking (or still getting) a AAA rate at that time?

I would book a package now and avoid this mess, but am taking grad courses and need to be sure I can arrange my schedule around it that term, (and I won't know until the 1st week of Jan that I am fully in the clear...which is about 20 days prior to our planned arrival - UGH.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom