Convert a WDW Restaurant into a Characeter Meal

JohnD

Original Poster
As many of you know Artist Point was converted into a character meal with Snow White, two dwarfs and a photo op with the Evil Queen. Pick another restaurant and convert it into a character meal.

I’ll start. Boatwright’s at POR becomes Tiana’s. You’re visited by Tiana and that alligator.

Dreaming of Disney World

Jiminy Cricket hasnt made an appearance in a M& G for some time now and has been greatly missed. Lets have the Pinocchio Village Haus updated and become a character meal for him and the rest of the Pinocchio crew. Theres already all the fabulous murals throughout the building.
I would love that idea if you could meet Figaro. He is my favorite character!

Paper straw fan

I’d rather they just have good food. I expect they’re going to do a lot of this instead- serve cheaper food and dress up a few characters, charge $50 a head, profit.

RIP Artist Point

Gainesvillain

I dread the day that every restaurant in EPCOT becomes a character dining experience (Mulan in China, Mary Poppins @ The Rose and Crown, etc, etc). I don't mind characters invading a few restaurants, but lots of people, including me, go for the food experience, not the character experience. That being said, I would love to see the HM restaurant become a reality.

Paper straw fan

Well said, I’d rather they add new eateries (maybe make the Stitch area into a huge character restaurant w animatronics) than say, destroy Restaurant Marrakech and have Alladin come out to take pictures w me after my all you can eat curry hot pockets.

aliceismad

Tiana at POR is a no-brainer for me. I'd also love to see a Haunted Mansion eatery. I have to believe a Star Wars restaurant is coming with the hotel.

I'd like to see a Marvel restaurant, but I suppose that could only happen at Disneyland/DCA and not WDW.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd turn BoG into a full day character dining establisment. The foods not particularly unique or tasty right now and it's more like a military dining facility. Loud and disorganized but pretty.

MaryJaneP

While a post asking for ideas about what restaurants and what characters thereat could be added, is great, a slightly different thought comes to our minds. Namely, as the prior posts suggest, we think a character-less restaurant themed on HM would be cool in MK. We think a TT themed restaurant, without any characters, would be our suggestion at DHS. A Pandora themed restaurant, again without any characters, could be a winner at DAK (even though Rainforest already essentially does this at that park). Epcot is harder. If Inside Out is a possible JIYI consideration, then maybe a Big Hero 6 themed restaurant, without characters, in Horizons, would probably work. If not, an Inside Out themed restaurant, without characters, in Captain EO space, would seem to be an option.

Paper straw fan

The Tiana/POR link makes sense (tho again I’d rather they not ditch the existing table service restaurant there)

They need more dining options, especially at MK, but everywhere on property as it’s packed to the gills. I’m cool w character dining but I really don’t want like Sanaa to be turned into the “Hakuna Matata all you can eat fish stick character buffet”.

aliceismad

The Tiana/POR link makes sense (tho again I’d rather they not ditch the existing table service restaurant there)

They need more GOOD dining options, especially at MK, but everywhere on property as it’s packed to the gills. I’m cool w character dining but I really don’t want like Sanaa to be turned into the Hakuna Matata all you can eat fish stick character buffet.

I agree, with a slight tweak. :)

Shouldigo12

Whispering Canyon with the country bears, they would fit in great with the existing theme.
The country bears are the most nightmarish costumes I've ever seen. I cannot imagine the terror of seeing one of those creatures from thr black lagoon participating in those horse races and bringing me fifty bottles of ketchup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom