Continuity error on smuggler’s run?

Yert3

Original Poster
When walking up to the attraction, we see that the Falcon is already docked, but when watching the pre-show with Hondo, it comes in for a landing?

Mickeyboof

When walking up to the attraction, we see that the Falcon is already docked, but when watching the pre-show with Hondo, it comes in for a landing?

I take it as the Falcon parks quick outside.

After we enter the building, Chewbacca brings the falcon into the hanger.

That’s where we board.

We fly. When we return, we see that we are parked back inside the hanger.

The lost moment of continuity is that we don’t see the Falcon move from the hanger BACK outside upon our exit of the show building.

Personally, it’s a theme park ride so I don’t really get too annoyed with these “issues.” I do enjoy suspending my disbelief a bit.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Too bad a life sized Chewy AA wasn't the one addressing us in the holding tank. Instead we get some very unknown Hodor dude.
bro-do-you-hodor-meme.jpg

HongKongFu

He was a pretty central character in the Clone Wars series and storyline

Clone War Series......oh that must have been some offshoot of the main movies that only new generation or deep Star Wars folk would know.

I'm telling now that this Hodor dude has nowhere near the notoriety of a Chewy, Boba Fet or a Salacious Crum. I bet even Wado and Jar Jar are more well known.

HongKongFu

Hodor, Brought-to-you, Olga and Sloppy.....look, these are not that familiar which disconnects too many guests from the Star Wars they know.

Goofyernmost

I'm so happy that I am completely unfamiliar with the Star Wars Verse. That way I can go in the ride and just enjoy it for what it is not what I anticipated it to be. I just rode it last Wednesday and thought of it as great and exceptionally well detailed. Loved it and that was probably because I wasn't looking for any continuity error, I just enjoyed it without looking for faults.

epcotisbest

I'm so happy that I am completely unfamiliar with the Star Wars Verse. That way I can go in the ride and just enjoy it for what it is not what I anticipated it to be. I just rode it last Wednesday and thought of it as great and exceptionally well detailed. Loved it and that was probably because I wasn't looking for any continuity error, I just enjoyed it without looking for faults.

You gotta lotta nerve riding something just for the enjoyment of the moment and not looking for faults...what's wrong with you anyway?

Tom Morrow

I thought this at first too, but the Falcon is parked out front for refueling and diagnostics checks (if you stick around for awhile you'll see and hear system checks performed) and then brought around back to the loading bay. Without it appearing in the pre-show video, it would not make sense how we board it through an airport-style boarding bridge and take off out of an enclosed hangar.

of course, this doesn't explain why it is back out front after you ride, but...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom