Continued: Nobody at IOA Am I daydreaming?? lol..

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by Bdis86
I'm sticking with Disney Rides, thank you very much. lol. But only for 2 reasons: location and safety records. Sure Disney isn't perfect, but their record is much better then 6 Flags or Busch Gardens, or Paramount's Great America. Disney and Universal are safer, and that's why they can have the rides that are so advanced.

Actually, Disney's safety record is no better than Six Flags, Paramount, Cedar Fair, or Busch. Its the same, if not slightly worse.

ToTBellHop

that's FUNNY. Have you ever BEEN to a Paramount Park? They are a nightmare! In every queue line I was in at Canada's Wonderland, someone came off in a stretcher! At Six Flags, my brother works at a hospital nearby and they see people in all summer with broken bones. I have NEVER seen anyone get hurt on a Disney Ride, and rest assured, if it happens, we hear about it b/c it always leads to a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

DigitalDisney

In general, parks with more aggressive rides will have more injuries. That goes without saying. People that aren't physically fit will try to go on a rough coaster, and they will pay for it in the long run.

However, in terms of major accidents and injuries, I think that Paramount, Universal, Disney, Cedar Fair, and SF are all on the same basic level. When somebody dies or gets seriously injured at a theme park, we know about it because it spreads like wildfire on the news.

Also, not going to Universal because you have thrill rides back at home. Thrill seekers will go on thrill rides regardless of their location. I have a decent selection of coasters at SFoG, and it's only 15 minutes from my loft. I even have a season pass there. Yet, I make it a point to go to Universal on every Orlando trip just because of the thrills it offers.

Tom Morrow

DigitalDisney put it best. When most of your rides go 3 mph, of course you'll have less general injuries. Even then, those injuries at six flags and paramount are almost always the riders fault. Amusement park accidents are also exaggurated. Someone is not carried out on a stretcher every day. Thats completely false.

And yes, I HAVE been to Paramount parks, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by DogsRule!
yo! I don't like Universal. Case closed? Is there a problem with that

In fact, yes - it is a problem, but for you. This statement means you are not able to have an imparcial discussion in this Universal section. In consequence every commentary you make makes no sense because it equals "just an opinion" and not the usual factual response to a post.

-->luau

Castle Cake Apologist

Originally posted by Luau Cove

In fact, yes - it is a problem, but for you. This statement means you are not able to have an imparcial discussion in this Universal section. In consequence every commentary you make makes no sense because it equals "just an opinion" and not the usual factual response to a post.

-->luau

Uhhh... most everything that has been said here has been said in opinion. I'm with DogsRule! when I was last in florida (Dec./Jan. 2002) I was SO excited to got IoA, becuz of everything I had heard about it. But after we got there we such a HORIBLE experience that we now think of Universal of an awful place. The staff is rude, the rides aren't innovative, there is no MAGIC at all. Now, you can like Universal all you want, but I'm still going to HATE it. For another thing there is almost NOTHING for a two year old to do at Universal, which was horrible with my little brother. I believe that at IoA there were maybe 2 rides that he could actualy ride. Whearas at Disney, he was always able to do something. Excpet when we rode maybe ToT, RnRC, SPlash, Space or DInosaur. ANd even with SPlash and DInosaur thay had areas with stuff for him to do. Splash had a playground and Dinosaur had that neat giftshop (He loves dinosaurs, another reason we were so ticked off about the Triceratops thing) SO, you all continue to love Universal, and I'll continue to hate it and probly continue to argue with all of you. Oh, and Luau, if everyone were to comit suicide, I don't think I would, no. SO, of course I don't follow what everyone else is doing, I have quite my own life. You know, just because Universal was such an awful place, and i didn't like it, doesn't mean that I'm a lifeless no-boddy. Just so you know by the way, I'm with DogsRule! I didn't join a Universal forum, I joined a DISNEY forum. There is a reason for that.

-Jake

PS-
Everything also is too LOUD at Universal, the music, the rides, everything. We couldn't even hear each other talk. And one more thing, why couldn't my little brother have ridden that STUPID Hanna Barbera thing? It hardly moved and it was barely what I'd call a thrill ride. :rolleyes:

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by Luau Cove

-->luau

Well, to his credit, this discussion started in a general Disney area and was carried over to this section of the Forums so he didn't exactly go looking to start trouble in this area.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by DisneyExpert

Just so you know by the way, I'm with DogsRule! I didn't join a Universal forum, I joined a DISNEY forum. There is a reason for that.

-Jake

Yes, it's not to difficult to see - you both founded the "official Primeval Whirl Fan Club".
Anyway, if you people hate so much Universal you don't need to enter to this part of the forum, the others who can have a descent talk can live without your usual remarks like "how Universal is so poor" and "how Disney is perfect". I mean if that's going to be the basis of your discussion, don't even bother. It's easy to criticize without evidence and it's always included in the opinion, the problem is many of you people who throw "waste" to Universal never say "Well, they are just my thoughts" , you write and write like all your likes, opinions and thoughts are true facts when they are nothing but your own ideas of the subject. I'm tired of reading things like Disney Expert that say things like "Stupid Hanna Barbera" just because a bad experience, or people who say "Universal sucks because it's only thrill rides". Well, it could be no good to you, but don't come to this part of the board just to respond to our well-fundamented posts with "Everything also is too loud" and "I joined a Disney forum so I can speak crap about Universal" , because no one puts a gun in your head and tells you to come in this section.

-->Luau

ToTBellHop

As Mr. Promey said, this post started in Digital Media, a Disney forum. Notice that the only two threads I post in are this one and the follow up to this. And yes, people do constantly come off Paramount rides in stretchers. I have SEEN it. If you want a Universal thread free of criticisms, perhaps you should go to a Universal website and talk to the droids who think it is perfect. Why would I spend so much money to get to florida and ride six flags rides under the Universal name?

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by DogsRule!
As Mr. Promey said, this post started in Digital Media, a Disney forum. Notice that the only two threads I post in are this one and the follow up to this. And yes, people do constantly come off Paramount rides in stretchers. I have SEEN it. If you want a Universal thread free of criticisms, perhaps you should go to a Universal website and talk to the droids who think it is perfect. Why would I spend so much money to get to florida and ride six flags rides under the Universal name?

It must have been a bad day for Paramount, because if they really got that many injuries they would not be allowed to opperate that ride.

Don't call Universal fans driods as an insult, you are a Disney droid.

DigitalDisney

And yes, people do constantly come off Paramount rides in stretchers. I have SEEN it
You exaggerate to no end, Mr. DogsRule

If people constantly came off rides in a stretcher, the ride would be unsafe, and the parks would have class-action lawsuits on their hands. It would be political and financial suicide to run a ride like that.

Since you have such a vivid memory, tell me which ride put these people in a stretcher? And, why were these people in stretchers? Surely if these people constantly came out in stretchers, there must have been a common reason.

I'll talk with my friends in the thrill-ride and theme-park communities about these alleged incidents. I know people that work at the Paramount parks, as well as those that are very frequent visitors to the parks.

I find this whole stretcher thing very hard to believe. Why? Well, I visit Six Flags Over Georgia about once a week, and I have done this for over a year. I may have only seen one or two stretchers in that time, and they were due to the intense heat or some medical condition that a person had (they had a stroke on the ride). The ride itself never contributed to the injury.

ToTBellHop

One person came of Vortex, one person came of the SkyRider, one person came off Top Gun...and something happened on that spinning ride where they spray the water on you...and I don't know what happened to these people. The workers there were VERY ignorant. They never told us the ride was broken down or anything--the line would just stop and after about 20 minutes people would start getting out of line. This happened on The Vortex and on their simulator ride--it was HORRIBLE on the simulator. The line stopped, but they didn't tell people in line that the ride was closed! They put a sign at the entrance of the line and it took someone physically leaving the line to see it and let us all know! I was EXTREMELY unimpressed with this ride. As for Six Flags...head on over to Darien Lake and count the number of people who get hurt on The Predator on a daily basis. That ride is simply dangerous (and painful).

All this droid talk gets me thinking about Star Tours -- so when are they gonna update that ride anyway (she says, coyly trying to change the subject before people start ripping out each others digital hair)?

Let it go already!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom